Teen Shot To Death In Compton

Full story: CBS 2 - KCAL 9

A gunman killed an 18-year-old man in Compton Saturday, a sheriff's deputy said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jose

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 2, 2007
 
This is another sad story about the ugly streets of Compton. That part of Compton is the most dangerous part of Compton;as result that there is to many apartments and to many gangs in a small area. Ever since that the media announce that Compton has lower its murder rate, it's rare to see any police in Compton.
miss

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 2, 2007
 
There are plenty of deputies in Compton Ca. That city is just full of people-gang memebrs who do't care about life!!
Rancher

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 2, 2007
 
Yes, it's full of gangbangers breaking the laws and not caring about Compton and deputies that are always in there cellphones and not enforcing the laws.
concerned citizen

Compton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 3, 2007
 
Please bring back Compton PD. They were doing a much better job.
ComptonPride

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 3, 2007
 
concerned citizen wrote:
Please bring back Compton PD. They were doing a much better job.
Sorry, I disagree with you.
Compton Police Department was corrupted as we all know. When CPD was in office, every time I came to Compton, I used to see the gangbangers with the police officers. Now, that LASD is in control, its much better. Thats why I moved to Compton. Yet, they still need to do more.
Compton Native

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 4, 2007
 
I have to ask where do you all get your information. Every city has its corrupt areas. The problem with Compton is the fact that the Mexicans and Blacks cant see that the white man wants them to fight and eliminate one another. I mean they named the nicest part of Compton Rosewood. If you know your history you know abour"Rosewood". We are both of brown skin. I live on the west side of Compton and it is far from the worst side. Also there are NO projects in Compton California. Gangbanging wont stop until the community comes together to find other outlets for the children. Most parents are working 9-5. Kids are out of school around 3. Where are the YMCA's? Where are the afterchool programs? There was once a skating rink, bowling alley, movie theatre, and many other fun things for families to enjoy in the neighborhoods.....Give back people or shut the hell up!!
LACOUNTY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 4, 2007
 
Compton Native wrote:
I have to ask where do you all get your information. Every city has its corrupt areas. The problem with Compton is the fact that the Mexicans and Blacks cant see that the white man wants them to fight and eliminate one another. I mean they named the nicest part of Compton Rosewood. If you know your history you know abour"Rosewood". We are both of brown skin. I live on the west side of Compton and it is far from the worst side. Also there are NO projects in Compton California. Gangbanging wont stop until the community comes together to find other outlets for the children. Most parents are working 9-5. Kids are out of school around 3. Where are the YMCA's? Where are the afterchool programs? There was once a skating rink, bowling alley, movie theatre, and many other fun things for families to enjoy in the neighborhoods.....Give back people or shut the hell up!!
Okay there is anything of that because there is no money in the city, ROSEWOOD is not in the city of Compton!! I know this for fact! The blacks and browns are not taking advantage of education. Compton could be the best city of LACounty;however, people tend not to care about there city nor there houses or themself. Despite being numerous of gang activity they are opening alot of stores in Compton. I am eager to see the new Downtown Compton project. This could change the face of Compton!
Confused

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 5, 2007
 
I live close to where this incident occured. I have never been exposed to anything remotely dehumanizing in my life. I have been very grieved for the man that lost his life and the family. I do not want my children to think this is normal it is not. We need to stop accepting this behavior as if that's the way it is. It is this way because we haven't challenged it. The other writer was right. We need to engage the young people and demand outlet such as qualified people who have a passion for these young adults involve celebrities. I'll be the first to say I am willing. I just needed to be pointed in the right direction to get things started. If you know how to get started then write a message on this board. Enough talking let do something.
compton resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 5, 2007
 
I have to agree with you. I have been living in Compton for a long time. I have never seen anything like it. It all begins with the parents that are raising these kids. the have no interest in what their kids are out there doing in the streets, a lot of them drink and get high with their kids. what kind of parents are these people? I can't say much about the working parents, but the parents that are on welfare, some of them are gang banging with their kids. they do not care if they get an education. I am the type of parent that I am not going to agree with my kids if they are out there doing wrong. I will turn them in to the police. the people in the community need to start sticking together and start reporting a lot of these crimes that is going on in the city. we need to fight and get compton back the way is was in the 60's and early 70's. I also feel if a child just wants to go to school just to gang bang, they should be thrown out of the school district totally. let their parents deal with the problem in finding another school for their child to attend. the parents should be charged also for their child wrong doing. in most cases the children are raising the parents, and a lot of them are afraid of their kids.
Help Save The City Of Compton!!!
long time resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 5, 2007
 
you are absolutely correct. the compton police department was very corrupted. I have seen some of the hanging out with a lot of them thugs. the government should have the military soldiers in the United States and not in Iraq, because the war is here, or send all the gang bangers over to Iraq and let them shoot until they can't shoot no more.
Jose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 6, 2007
 
long time resident wrote:
you are absolutely correct. the compton police department was very corrupted. I have seen some of the hanging out with a lot of them thugs. the government should have the military soldiers in the United States and not in Iraq, because the war is here, or send all the gang bangers over to Iraq and let them shoot until they can't shoot no more.
I agree with you. Instead of spending millions of dollars a day in Iraq the goverment should invest that money in our city. I say we should change Compton. Who is up with me?

We should make Compton one of the most disarare city to live in LA. Who is up with me? We the residents of Compton and city officials should make Compton the best city in Los Angeles County. Lets keep our houses clean and make our children make education number one priority and *(City officials)lets creat more jobs and stop the criminals in our city. This is our city! Compton is ours. If you a thug and you claim you are from Compton or/and you are representing Compton you are one ignorant individual. This could seen "cool" to you or your "homies;however, you are look in the real world like a dopey individual. This is Compton.

Have you heard about the Downtown Compton Project?
youandme

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 8, 2007
 
Compton Native wrote:
I have to ask where do you all get your information. Every city has its corrupt areas. The problem with Compton is the fact that the Mexicans and Blacks cant see that the white man wants them to fight and eliminate one another. I mean they named the nicest part of Compton Rosewood. If you know your history you know abour"Rosewood". We are both of brown skin. I live on the west side of Compton and it is far from the worst side. Also there are NO projects in Compton California. Gangbanging wont stop until the community comes together to find other outlets for the children. Most parents are working 9-5. Kids are out of school around 3. Where are the YMCA's? Where are the afterchool programs? There was once a skating rink, bowling alley, movie theatre, and many other fun things for families to enjoy in the neighborhoods.....Give back people or shut the hell up!!
Correct, Rosewood is not in the city limits of Compton. If I am correct, Rosewood belongs to the uncoporated communities of Los Angeles County.
Many people are confused, the confused Willowbrook with Compton or West Compton with Compton.
Richard Nogin

Port Hueneme, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 10, 2007
 
Who cares? His parents obviously didn't. Just another thug that received what he deserved.

Expendable Compton residents... Gotta love the killing of innocent(?) black & mexiCAN'T youth!

Keep up the great work hoodrats!
Tasha Thompson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 11, 2007
 
My name is Tasha Thompson I am the mother of Craig Moore who was killed. My son was not a THUG he was a part time employee for UPS and was accepted to attend El Camino College in February. And in the summer of 2008 was expected to join the Navy. He was an innocent bystander. My son had a good heart and was very respected because of all the positive things he did. He didn't hang out on the street at night he was at work. He was killed at 3:00 in the day. He looked out for his younger sisters and brother. How dare you write such filth about people without getting the facts. He played football for Gardena High School. He had plans for his future and they were taken away by cowards. So you wanna know who cares Mr. Nogin. The 350 people( the count is accurate because they called to let my family and I know they be attending) that will attend his funeral on Friday Dec. 14. Victims of Violent Crimes who have paid for his services. The detectives who are working the case. And GOD.
Richard Nogin wrote:
Who cares? His parents obviously didn't. Just another thug that received what he deserved.
Expendable Compton residents... Gotta love the killing of innocent(?) black & mexiCAN'T youth!
Keep up the great work hoodrats!
Richard Nogin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 12, 2007
 
Tasha Thompson wrote:
My name is Tasha Thompson I am the mother of Craig Moore who was killed. My son was not a THUG he was a part time employee for UPS and was accepted to attend El Camino College in February. And in the summer of 2008 was expected to join the Navy. He was an innocent bystander. My son had a good heart and was very respected because of all the positive things he did. He didn't hang out on the street at night he was at work. He was killed at 3:00 in the day. He looked out for his younger sisters and brother. How dare you write such filth about people without getting the facts. He played football for Gardena High School. He had plans for his future and they were taken away by cowards. So you wanna know who cares Mr. Nogin. The 350 people( the count is accurate because they called to let my family and I know they be attending) that will attend his funeral on Friday Dec. 14. Victims of Violent Crimes who have paid for his services. The detectives who are working the case. And GOD. <quoted text>
Sure lady... whatever you say.

And I'm sure the strippers at the local club are only doing what they do to pay for college, right?
ComptonPride

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 12, 2007
 
Yes, with my income this is one of the few places I could afford. Meaning having some extra cash. I have a salary around 60k. Just bought my residence in the west side of Compton for 500k. Sadly I cannot afford a house in Beverly Hills or Bel Air.
victum

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 19, 2007
 
Tasha Thompson wrote:
My name is Tasha Thompson I am the mother of Craig Moore who was killed. My son was not a THUG he was a part time employee for UPS and was accepted to attend El Camino College in February. And in the summer of 2008 was expected to join the Navy. He was an innocent bystander. My son had a good heart and was very respected because of all the positive things he did. He didn't hang out on the street at night he was at work. He was killed at 3:00 in the day. He looked out for his younger sisters and brother. How dare you write such filth about people without getting the facts. He played football for Gardena High School. He had plans for his future and they were taken away by cowards. So you wanna know who cares Mr. Nogin. The 350 people( the count is accurate because they called to let my family and I know they be attending) that will attend his funeral on Friday Dec. 14. Victims of Violent Crimes who have paid for his services. The detectives who are working the case. And GOD. <quoted text>
i am very happy you wtote in to set everyone straight on the death and the life of your son, i to lost my son in a terrible way, my son was shot in the head and was killed in the city of norwalk 2 and a half years ago, he was also 20 years old and very happy person and had love for people and a lot to live for, and just becouse he attended a barbaque and was trying to enjoy his night someone decided to start shooting and my son lost his life, and the first thing people are quick to say is that he was are could have been asociated with gangs, and that hurts being a mother, and what really hurts most of all is when people label them wrong and i also had the victims of crime bury my son and everyone knows that they willnot bury someone who is a gang member or that is on probation or had any ties to anything bad, so that tells you that are sons were good people who did'nt deserve to die. and from me to you dear mother my heart and soul goes out to you, becouse it is a very hard road ahead of you to be without your son, i live that road each and everyday, but if you have faith and i know that you do. god will see you threw this sad time in your life to come. may god bless you and your family. and i dont know you but i fill your pain.
Ceja

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 1, 2008
 
Do you think rap misic has alot to do with killing and gangs.. Rap talks bout drugs,killing,sex,hate,gangs and never talks about what to do in life like to go to church,go to college and be example for your future kids.
We the Mexican should be like people from Japan looking forward for an education insted of as we look forward for warfare food stamp beer, drugs and gangs. We just want to save some money to buy a car with gold rims and drive around the city to show off, when we do not have money saved and a house plus trash all around the house. The more Mexicans in the usa the more crime long line at the warfare dep. Where is some of our money going to. Who pays for those gainsters that go to the emergency room for a gun shot, they don't have money or work. they think they are the best
Ceja

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 1, 2008
 
Do you think rap misic has alot to do with killing and gangs.. Rap talks bout drugs,killing,sex,hate,gangs and never talks about what to do in life like to go to church,go to college and be example for your future kids.
We the Mexican should be like people from Japan looking forward for an education insted of as we look forward for warfare food stamp beer, drugs and gangs. We just want to save some money to buy a car with gold rims and drive around the city to show off, when we do not have money saved and a house plus trash all around the house. The more Mexicans in the usa the more crime long line at the warfare dep. Where is some of our money going to. Who pays for those gainsters that go to the emergency room for a gun shot, they don't have money or work. they think they are the best
teen of compton

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 4, 2008
 
I can NOT believe all you human beings are saying this. I am a teen living in compton and I see this city as no danger. I am about to graduate from high school with a 4.o GPA. I have been accepted to three of the top universities in california. Now you do the math.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Compton Forum right now

Search the Compton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mexicans are just like Blacks....... (Oct '13) 47 min hillbilly 3
Seal Beach Police, 14 Other Agencies, Crack Dow... 1 hr answerer 5
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel 17,713
Woman, 27, Fatally Hit By Truck While Jogging I... 1 hr BASHFUL 24
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Activity 15,657
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 4 hr Serpico 2,250
Rapper severs penis, jumps off building 12 hr Oonga Boonga 9
•••
•••

Compton News Video

•••
•••

Compton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Compton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••