One is killed in morning shooting in Compton

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

A man was shot to death at a bus stop in Compton early Saturday, authorities said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
richard

Berthoud, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 7, 2008
 
wow...a shooting / killing in LB / Compton....how is that newz anymore ??
richard

Berthoud, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 7, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

cops are just gang members also......
Oh Really

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

That can't be not in Compton.I'm in shock!
mary alamitos beach

Artesia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Lucky for the Gangsters, we elect politicians who seem to prefer them to the citizens who trusted the Party Hacks by voting for them.

Someone should make a Movie about the planned demise of Los Angeles County as a fit home for decent citizens.

We could call it ..."Civic Suicide, it's a Progressive Thang".........or "Embrace the Disgrace the devolution of what passes for a Democratic Party in what remains of California."
angel

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 8, 2008
 
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure, you should look into it because from what I heard he was an african-american.
yes he was afro american, i also live in compton and no about were it happened, iy happened at that bus stop, i always see people sitting at that bus stop, some are waiting for the bus and some are drinking at that bus stop are they are just talking to one another. but lets not start going after the police department, this was just something that happened, and besides look at it this way no matter what any body says he was someones father and someone brother and most of all some ones son. and it is close to christmas time and it is going to be very hard on that family. i never knew the person but i heard he had several brothers and one got killed years ago so now thier are two gone. so i now how the mother fills. so lets pray for this family at this time. may god be with them in thier loss.
The Wright Family

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 11, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

i just met you a couple of months ago OG Yogi you seem to me a cool dude man God bless your family. lil Burnout
los angeles

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 18, 2008
 
ya i mean compton is tha place all tha time
angela

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 27, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I live in Compton and it is a shame about gang violence without them our crime rate would be so low.Here is a challenge to those dumb ass who do not own anything in compton .MOVE. We are not proud of you.the shame and pain you bring to our city and all mothers including your own is disgusting.
not really

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 27, 2008
 
angela wrote:
I live in Compton and it is a shame about gang violence without them our crime rate would be so low.Here is a challenge to those dumb **** who do not own anything in compton .MOVE. We are not proud of you.the shame and pain you bring to our city and all mothers including your own is disgusting.
You mean if black people weren't there the crime rate would be so low. Once blacks took control of that city, crime skyrocketed. Mexican's have run them out, but it's kind of like getting mice to scare away the elephant, then getting cats to scare the mice, dogs to scare the cats, bears to scare the dogs, etc.
All in all though, the plan to rid Compton of blacks, and replace them with easier going Mexican's has worked amazingly well.
It's the one victory in all this immigration mess that Californians can be proud of.
Compton is still a bit of a mess, but it's NOTHING like the minimum security prison feel it had when blacks ruled that scorched earth back in the day.
nope

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 27, 2008
 
Carlos wrote:
I agree, oh but they just have officer's handing out speeding ticket's left and right on Pacific Ave., Pacific Coast Hwy coming down the bridge, etc. That's all they know how to do. As for the real crimes, good luck getting any closures on any of those cases. Or preventing someone from getting beaten close to death on the corner of PCH & Magnolia a few weeks ago. Actually if I'm not mistaken, he died at the hospital. But don't put that in the newspaper because you'll have more attention on your "Police Department". Long Beach is a disgrace. I look at all you cops and I can't help but laugh now.
Police pull you over for traffic violations in that neighborhood because it makes snagging a wanted felon much simpler.
As far as people getting snuffed in your blighted area, it's not the policeman's job to mitigate turf wars between warring gangs.
You should thank them for taking the time to mark and remove the carcasses, or your area would have so many rotten bloated bodies laying around, it would look like a small town in the Congo.
Always remember, the police didn't organize your gangs. You did, with your mother and fathers approval. You allow it to go on, so take care of the detective stuff yourself.
Taxpayer's don't want the police wasting too much time on your stupid behavior.
ummm

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 27, 2008
 
richard wrote:
cops are just gang members also......
With an important distinction you're too stupid to figure out: the police are a gang, sanctioned by the state. This means they have more money, people, and guns, than the insane baby rape crips will ever have, and will always win at the end of the day.
That's why, when your sister gets gang-raped by a local gang, you call the police. You don't call the baby raping insane crips. They don't have the brains or resources to do anything but make matters worse, and make a stupid situation even more stupid.
well

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 27, 2008
 
angel wrote:
<quoted text>yes he was afro american, i also live in compton and no about were it happened, iy happened at that bus stop, i always see people sitting at that bus stop, some are waiting for the bus and some are drinking at that bus stop are they are just talking to one another. but lets not start going after the police department, this was just something that happened, and besides look at it this way no matter what any body says he was someones father and someone brother and most of all some ones son. and it is close to christmas time and it is going to be very hard on that family. i never knew the person but i heard he had several brothers and one got killed years ago so now thier are two gone. so i now how the mother fills. so lets pray for this family at this time. may god be with them in thier loss.
Just chalk it up as "one less n-word" and leave it at that.
nope

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 27, 2008
 
Carlos wrote:
You are completely incorrect in what you just wrote in that first sentence. That being simply because of the people who are pulled over are for the most part not "wanted felons". Turf wars are not always the case when someone is beaten or killed. You don't even know the story as to what happened to that man. For all you know, he was a person who was attempted to be robbed by a drug user. So I don't think you should be making assumptions. I thank the few police officers who do what they're supposed to do in all areas. Those who care about what they do basically. I never said the police organized anything, they themselves are far from organized so who'd expect anything like that from them? I do agree that the parents have the responisibility of the actions of their children but I'm sure no parent "approves" of it. I pray for those who need help controlling their kids. Who do you refer to when you say "'You' allow it to go on"? Taxpayers DO want police to use their entire shifts on criminals and their stupid behavior. I pay my taxes and would like to see more cops on the street actually patrolling each and every neighborhood in this city. It needs it. I just saw a young guy on 10th and Martin Luther King trying to break into a white pickup truck and would've succeeded had it not been for me stopping traffic and saying I'd call the cops. I don't see a badge on my chest but I do what I can, it's my choice because I live here too.
Allow me to explain to you why you're ridiculous, and part of the problem in your "neighborhood."
The first sentence is correct. You're poor reading comprehension is the problem. You need to develop a habit of understanding what you're reading, rather than extrapolating on it by cherry-picking straw man arguments.
Now, let us examine the first sentence:

"Police pull you over for traffic violations in that neighborhood because it makes snagging a wanted felon much simpler."

Nowhere did I mention the number of felons caught using this method, yet you carry on as if I had. This makes you look stupid, and imparts a well-qualified notion in my mind that you aren't worth engaging with in any meaningful debate, because you'll do it again, and again.
Your claim that not all murders of black men are gang related, and this is true. Just the majority of them. Again, cops don't have the time to try to manage your re-tar-ded culture down MLK way 24/7.
Your claim that police are far from organized is specious at best, for clearly obvious reasons.
Your assertion that "you're sure" no parent advocates gang life is qualifiably incorrect, as many stories written in the press telegram and los angeles times have noted mother's of gang member's driving their sons to initiate a killing.
Anyone who is a gang member still living at home is a gang member sanctioned by their parents.
That makes for plenty of poor parents down MLK way.
The decided lack of any sense of real community, in your "community" is what I mean when I say they allow it to go on. There are not a lot of "neighborhood watch" organizations on MLK Blvd.
That's because snitches tend to get dead, or at the very least, harassed incessantly.
Ask the "snitch" who had to deal with the harassment during the trials for the Bixby Halloween Uppity White Girl Beatings not long ago.
While I applaud your civic mindedness while stopping a car burglary, you could have just as well be shot dead in your effort, and statistically, that was your destiny in that situation.
Finally, don't talk trash about the police who have to deal with the complete tragicomedy over there on a daily basis. They're human beings also, and I'm sure they try to pace themselves so they don't start having night shakes from repeated coping with a community that is only deemed dysfunctional by people trying to be polite in mixed company.
well

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 27, 2008
 
Foclipz wrote:
This city's main killers are groups of gangs such as Insane Crips, Rollin 20's Crips, ES-WS Longo Gangs, and asian gangs and a few gangs in North Long Beach--and they got this city's murder rate up. Long Beach Police should know the hot spots--and they should get those gangsters off the streets for any legal reason they see fit. Jus get a police unit to sit right in front of their hood hang out and watch. Make them afraid to look ****-eyed at a man with a lazy eye that staire into space....who said LONG BEACH POLICE CANT DO FOOT PATROL? What happend to walking a police beat? Or are there police union rules against them walking more than the distance from the breifing room for roll call--to there cruisers in the back parking lot? I mean--if the police cant walk the streets they so call patrol--then expect more shootings and stabbing and beatings, because thats what we face if we walk on these Long Beach streets
Yeh, and after the LB police stops black men from killing each other, they should get to work on teen mother's having babies they can't afford, because the LBPD is MAGIC!!
Seriously, the lbpd won't be walking a foot beat on MLK because it's a black neighborhood with black men killing each other. It goes on between black men everywhere in the world, it's in your nature, and police can't stop ya'll from killing each other.
They sweep up afterwards. That's all they should be reasonably expected to do.
It's a darwin thing, ya'll don't understand.
Otherwise known as a problem that takes care of itself.
angel

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

let me tell everyone something, this shooting had nothing to do with gangs and it didnt happen in longbeach, it happened in the city of compton. so all these things everyone is saying has nothing to do with the shooting and it is not the sheriffs falt, it happened so late in the night, when police are not really around.
Filthy Citizen Scum

Apple Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Well I see where the stupid people decide to post their ignorance today...I work in Compton, it's a ghetto, is anyone surprised there's violence, gang shootings and crime?
actually

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Filthy Citizen Scum wrote:
Well I see where the stupid people decide to post their ignorance today...I work in Compton, it's a ghetto, is anyone surprised there's violence, gang shootings and crime?
Compton isn't a ghetto. That's what black people like to call it to explain why they fail in american culture. Compared to the standards of some towns in Mexico, Compton is Beverly Hills. That's why the Mexican's ran most of them out of there, and why crime has significantly decreased.
562vert

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Dec 30, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AS far as mexicans running blacks out of compton, you really have to do your research, black blight started in the late 80s and snowballed after the 1992 riots mostly because of black on black violence and new housing ouppertunites in the ie and palmdale and lancaster and even in orange county. During the 90s a big influx of lations moved in. MOSTLY THE POOR stays behind, there are mexicans and blacks living next to eachother in compton. ITS MOSTLY THE DUMB GANSTERS WHO HAVE A PROBLEM with race.
sorry fool

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 30, 2008
 
562vert wrote:
AS far as mexicans running blacks out of compton, you really have to do your research, black blight started in the late 80s and snowballed after the 1992 riots mostly because of black on black violence and new housing ouppertunites in the ie and palmdale and lancaster and even in orange county. During the 90s a big influx of lations moved in. MOSTLY THE POOR stays behind, there are mexicans and blacks living next to eachother in compton. ITS MOSTLY THE DUMB GANSTERS WHO HAVE A PROBLEM with race.
Just your saying blight in Compton started in the late eighties underscores your complete ignorance of that city.
Compton was black, ghetto, and steeping in fail by the sixties, my friend. Sorry you're such a poor student. Any local long beach high schools that played football at Compton home games required a two car police escort LONG before the eighties.
Do some research before trying to talk trash.
people

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Dec 30, 2008
 
u guys really sound dumb..over who is killing who is is better than who...and mexicans this and blacks that...wow...its nothin but racist online now a days...sheesh! Well answer this question..why when a White person is mad they kill everyone...ljust look at the guys who killed those 8 people and if u do a little research when white people get mad they kill everyone...how come they just cant kill the person that made them mad..not saying it would be right but he should have just went after the wife she divorced him...and he took and tried to take everyone with him mom and his wifes divorce lawyer to and he took his own life...gosh..there is more going on in the world than race and who is better than who..im tired of trying to explain myself to elementary minded people...well let the attacks and insults and jokes begin...
on your marks...get set go!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 11 at 5:47PM PDT

•••
•••

Compton News Video

•••
•••

Compton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Compton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Compton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Compton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••