Lake Ralph Hall?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gix600xer

United States

#1 Jan 16, 2008
Does anyone know if what the position of this proposed lake is at? Are they going to make it or not?
plano texas

Celina, TX

#2 Apr 4, 2008
yes it will be a lake soon ! many persons are very happy about it,even my self.
Local dude

Dallas, TX

#3 Apr 12, 2008
Published: April 12, 2008 12:54 am print this story email this story

Comments sought on proposed reservoir
By BRAD KELLAR
Herald-Banner Staff

LADONIA — Additional details concerning a controversial plan to build a new reservoir near here are expected to be presented Tuesday during a “public scoping meeting.”

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is scheduled to conduct the meeting, starting at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the gymnasium of Fannindel High School.

The session is designed to help provide information about the proposed Lake Ralph Hall, a water supply reservoir proposed to be located on the North Sulphur River and Sulphur River Basin near Ladonia and its potential effects to the environment.

The Corps of Engineers is seeking public comment on the proposal made by the Region C of the Upper Trinity Regional Water District.

In May 2005, the District included the reservoir in its regional water management plan, which covers the water supply needs for Fannin, Denton, Dallas and Collin counties , plus 12 other counties, for the next 50 years.

The proposal had drawn both support and criticism, including from the Fannin County Commissioners Court, which had withheld its approval of the project until late March.

The Corps of Engineers is wanting to determine whether the proposed lake would significantly affect the quality of the human environment.

Lake Ralph Hall is predicted to provide approximately 30 million gallons of water per day for the Upper Trinity service area, the City of Ladonia and Fannin County. The Lake is also expected to generate approximately $18 billion dollars in economic benefits for the service area, including $148 million in economic benefits for Fannin County.
Local dude

United States

#4 Apr 12, 2008
Anyone going to this?
plano tx

Celina, TX

#5 Apr 17, 2008
Potential effects to the enviroment? So we have already the same effects on lewisville lake Ray Hubbard or tawakonni,So is being Significantly affecting the quality of Human Enviroment on all these areas around lakes? Was predicted before the same on this lakes??
plano tx

Celina, TX

#6 Jun 20, 2008
does any body knows about ladonia city clock has being beat up? has being fixed yet?did they ever catch the person/s/or they did not care about it.it was a reward posted for $500.00 dollars.
Perspective resident

Grapevine, TX

#7 Jun 21, 2008
We are looking into buying a piece of property that will potentially be affected by the future Ralph Hall Lake. Is it or is it NOT approved and when is the projected completion date?
Please Listen

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2008
Do not buy any property in ladonia. Most people stay under a year because they cant put up with all the crack heads or the horrible school system there. Property values are very low but that is only because it is very hard to sell there. Pick up one of the few beautiful houses still left there in ladonia and it will sell for double elsewhere.
plano tx

United States

#9 Jun 25, 2008
if you concerning about lake,ask army coorps engenieers they might give you info. many peopple does not stay too long /cause no transportation or jobs not close by some peopple drives to dallas every day.if you have on mind something else will be different.
Dan in NTX

Dallas, TX

#10 Jun 25, 2008
I own 30 acres in Bug Tussle and I have been told by the North Trinity people that it could still be 6-7 years before they begin buying the land. Dan
plano tx

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jun 26, 2008
DO the MATH buying land,lets say 6 to 7 years from now,$3,500 per acre also dont forget the pecan trees $3,500 e/a did you knew that?
Dan in NTX

Dallas, TX

#12 Jun 26, 2008
What's this about Pecan trees!
Sexy Brunette

Overbrook, OK

#13 Jun 27, 2008
Who is Ralph Hall?
Dan in NTX

Dallas, TX

#14 Jun 28, 2008
He is a Rep. from the area.Dan
plano tx

Hermitage, TN

#15 Jul 9, 2008
dan try ladonia upper trinity website.
Dan in NTX

Dallas, TX

#16 Jul 12, 2008
Thanks Plano tx. Looks like it's going ahead. I would like to see an updated flooding plan. I think my place will be under water. We just shoot and picnic there but it's nice having a place to go in the country. Dan
honey grove res

United States

#17 Jul 13, 2008
have you thought about where the water is going. It is all going to Dallas area and Ft worth area. But think about all of the people that are losing their houses and land for the people in those areas and they are not getting what the land is really worth and if they don't move out then they just have it taken out from under them.So everyone the is going to benifit from this needs to sit back and think about the people that are not going to benifit.My land is going to be water front property but iam still not happy about it.Sorry to step on any toes but need to find a better place that has people to run off
Dan in NTX

Dallas, TX

#18 Jul 17, 2008
I have yet to see any REAL need for adding the lake.
Delta County Resident

Lone Oak, TX

#19 Jul 17, 2008
I live in Delta County. The Cooper Lake was supposed to cure all of our economic problems here. Cooper Lake is a drain on our economy. Cooper Lake took about 36,000 acres of good farm land off the tax rolls that the rest of us have to make up. There is no development on the lake except for two little state parks which of course pay no taxes. Very few tourists come here. The state closed the park on the Cooper side for more than a year. The North Texas Munincipal Water District almost drained the lake in 2006 so that the good people in Dallas and Collin Counties could water their lawns and fill their swimming pools. Now Dallas and its suburbs want to build a lake on the North Sulphur north of Cooper and another lake on the South Sulphur. If this happens Delta County would be about 30% underwater. All of this is in the name of progress so that more Yankees can come to Texas and add more polution and urban sprawl to North Texas.
code 3

Greenville, TX

#20 Jul 17, 2008
If they would make a lake and allow people to live on it then it could be beneficial in my opinion. That is if they make an agreement to where they can only take so much water and make that level to where its not ridiculus like the Cooper lake. I would love to live on a lake in Cooper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Commerce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A rose by another name was Texarkana Aug 5 Inquisitor 6
Ladonianites for Bernie Sanders Jul '16 Eagle Eye 4
New Roadside Park (Mar '15) Jul '16 All I know 11
coot coots , and, prune shoots Jun '16 steve miller tex 4
who doesnt enjoy a xanax? Jun '16 marci_g2000 2
jan cooper for mayor! Jun '16 marci_g2000 3
husband and wife pill duo Jun '16 marci_g2000 10

Commerce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance