How about some street lights

How about some street lights

Posted in the Commerce Forum

Anonymous

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2013
Someone is going to get seriously hurt or killed crossing either Culver street or along the major hwy that runs through Commerce...With all the renovations they have done they could have put in a over the road walkway ( cat walk ). Maybe the university could at least change the lightbulbs to a higher wattage and that could save a life....the last person that was hit and killed still remains in unsolved
ponder

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 15, 2013
they dont solve anything in Commerce
Common Sense

Rockwall, TX

#3 Aug 15, 2013
The people who are walking around Commerce are generally adults who should know that their body will be no match for a moving vehicle. Regardless of the presence or lack of street lights or crosswalks (even the annoying ones with the flashing lights when no one is anywhere near them), unless a vehicle is driving without it lights on at night, a pedestrian should be able to see the vehicle. I know that "the pedestrian always has the right of way", but being able to say "I had the right of way" is not worth much if you are dead. Go back to pre-school and remember to look both ways before you cross the street and stop strutting out inform of cars because they "MUST" stop for you. I believe most drivers do their best to watch for pedestrians, but when it is my life or health on the line I am going to make sure that the road is clear or that the traffic has actually seen me and has stopped to let me cross.
bizmarkey

Dallas, TX

#4 Aug 19, 2013
jaywalking is legal in COmmerce and Gville
Greasy Bumpers

Caddo Mills, TX

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Heck I thought they had put speed bumps in the roads when I roared through there, but I guess they was just dumbazz people laying in the road when they didn't look before crossing. People parts are hard to wash out of the grill of a big Ford truck.
ponder

Dallas, TX

#6 Aug 20, 2013
yupp..
sweet caroline

Cumby, TX

#7 Aug 21, 2013
Why is the issue of Commerce streetlights on the Cooper site?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Commerce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
finance Aug 3 sneha 3
jeremy and karen st john Jul '15 chicken 3
Beware: Robert Wayne Milton Jul '15 Clinch64 1
Unethical Principal at High School Jul '15 Clinch64 2
Remember this (Jan '09) Jul '15 lol 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Commerce Mortgages