Trashy appearance of the new Commerce...

Trashy appearance of the new Commerce Police/Fire station.

Posted in the Commerce Forum

Since: Jun 09

Garland, TX

#1 Jun 1, 2009
the city builds a grand new place for the police and firemen to call home and what happens? since its completion the yard has not been maintained very well at all. its not right for them to go around fining people for this or that, all the while they have a new building with grass thats almost knee high half the time and never kept up like a new city building,or any city property for that matter, should be. its crazy. somebody is falling down on the job! it dont take much to make their employees do there jobs!
coors

Garland, TX

#2 Jun 1, 2009
taxs forever
pissed off

Graford, TX

#3 Sep 7, 2010
i had an experience with commerce police dept. about 2 yrs. ago and i was so upset. I had a bad check out and had forgotten about it, i think it was only like fifteen dollars, I was arrested and treated like i had killed someone.I was thrown in jail and forgotten about. I had to bang on the door finally about two in the afternoon to get my medicine that i have to take, and then ask them if there was something i could eat, because they didnt offer anything, it was cold and they took my coat away,my shoes. i spent almost 17 hours in that hell hole, to top it off, i was finger printed there at commerce, then , a month later the greenville police dept. calls me at work and says if you dont get over here and book yourself in to get finger printed , you will be picked up. what the hell?? naturally, i had to take off work and go. I guess my question is why dont they have their shit together. It made my life hell over a check, and from now on i wont even write a check. that one check cost me over 1000.00 dollars beleive it or not.
pissed off

Graford, TX

#4 Sep 7, 2010
oh and as for the food? they gave me a small bowl of cold veg. soup, which i flushed down the frigging toilet that sets out in the middle of the room. thankyou for your accomidations.some of us make mistakes, it doesnt mean we are criminals.
reality

Overbrook, OK

#5 Sep 7, 2010
Pissed off,

its called jail. what did you expect? Don't write hot checks and you don't have to worry about it. It's no ones fault but your own.
James

Greenville, TX

#6 Sep 8, 2010
There is difference between accidentally bouncing a check ( we all know the bank computers are programmed to make this happen as often as possible so they can collect the fee)...a difference between that and deliberately writing a hot check. The man should have been treated with a little more respect. How about the person responsible for maintaining the lawn at the fire dept. building personally being cited for a code violation for letting the grass get too tall?
Reality

United States

#7 Sep 8, 2010
reality wrote:
Pissed off,
its called jail. what did you expect? Don't write hot checks and you don't have to worry about it. It's no ones fault but your own.
First off I am Reality and have been for years, thank you very much! So here's your dose of it! Second good people often make unintentional honest mistakes. Seems that you think your shit don't stink or maybe you had a brief glimpse of your reflection starring back at you and you didn't like it and are trying to build your self esteem by attacking someones character you don't even know. Did it make you feel any better? May have for a minute or two, but, unlike the unfortunate check writer who learned from his you will repeat your mistakes.. So now who's the smartest?
reality

Overbrook, OK

#8 Sep 8, 2010
No, I'm reality. Thank YOU very much. And yes my shit does stink. No I have never written a hot check nor have I been in jail. No I am not trying to build my self esteem by attacking someone elses character. I simply stated it is his OWN fault for writing the check, no one elses.Stop saying it's the Commerce PD's fault because it is not. I keep my financial records in order,so no jail time. How is that an attack on his character? Also I never said I was the smartest, you are putting words into my mouth. Don't write hot checks and you don't have to worry about JAIL hospitality. Plain and simple.
Reality

United States

#9 Sep 9, 2010
reality wrote:
No, I'm reality. Thank YOU very much. And yes my shit does stink. No I have never written a hot check nor have I been in jail. No I am not trying to build my self esteem by attacking someone elses character. I simply stated it is his OWN fault for writing the check, no one elses.Stop saying it's the Commerce PD's fault because it is not. I keep my financial records in order,so no jail time. How is that an attack on his character? Also I never said I was the smartest, you are putting words into my mouth. Don't write hot checks and you don't have to worry about JAIL hospitality. Plain and simple.
Your right it's his fault. If he had not opened an account the mistake would not have been made. If he didn't make money and have bills he wouldn't have needed an account and so on. Not everyone is as perfect accountant as you and they miscalculate. Does this make them a criminal? I think not. The ones who bounce em knowingly are the criminals. Many years ago i went thru a divorce. When we closed our account we had thought everything was squared away. A year and a half later I got pulled over and went to jail for 2 outstanding checks. Unfortunately I was young and dumb and ran from the cops. When I went before the magistrate and explained about the checks he agreed to dismiss the charges if I took care of them, which I promptly did. I had to pay a 90 dollar fine for fleeing. I was a teenager then and learned from my mistakes. My fault? Yes. Criminal? no. You have never made a mistake? I know you have never broke the speed limit, or crossed a street without using the crosswalk. Have you ever carried your meds in a weekly med container or put what you have take for a weekend trip all in one bottle? If so that's a felony. Like it or not we all make little mistakes in lie including you. I can guarantee you break laws every day. I could follow you in your care and I promise you break a law in less than 10 or 15 minutes. Some people get lucky and go a long time before getting caught, but sooner or later it will happen it's just a matter of time.

I'm not real active in the SS forum but I do keep up with it. In the 6+ years of reading and posting on here I have never seen you post but I don't always read all the b.s. mudslinging either.

Anyway all I was pointing out thru all this crap is that I someone makes an honest mistake balancing their books or whatever that results in a fractured law does not make them a criminal. BTW it is not against the law to write a hot check. If you ignore it instead of taking care of it then it will be sent to the DA. Again if you take care of it technically no law has been broken, but if you don't than a warrant is issued, only then can you be arrested or it and you get to go to gray bar hotel.
Reality

United States

#10 Sep 9, 2010
Wow I have never had that many typos in a single post. No more sleep typing. I'm outta here!!
reality

Overbrook, OK

#11 Sep 11, 2010
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right it's his fault. If he had not opened an account the mistake would not have been made. If he didn't make money and have bills he wouldn't have needed an account and so on. Not everyone is as perfect accountant as you and they miscalculate. Does this make them a criminal? I think not. The ones who bounce em knowingly are the criminals. Many years ago i went thru a divorce. When we closed our account we had thought everything was squared away. A year and a half later I got pulled over and went to jail for 2 outstanding checks. Unfortunately I was young and dumb and ran from the cops. When I went before the magistrate and explained about the checks he agreed to dismiss the charges if I took care of them, which I promptly did. I had to pay a 90 dollar fine for fleeing. I was a teenager then and learned from my mistakes. My fault? Yes. Criminal? no. You have never made a mistake? I know you have never broke the speed limit, or crossed a street without using the crosswalk. Have you ever carried your meds in a weekly med container or put what you have take for a weekend trip all in one bottle? If so that's a felony. Like it or not we all make little mistakes in lie including you. I can guarantee you break laws every day. I could follow you in your care and I promise you break a law in less than 10 or 15 minutes. Some people get lucky and go a long time before getting caught, but sooner or later it will happen it's just a matter of time.
I'm not real active in the SS forum but I do keep up with it. In the 6+ years of reading and posting on here I have never seen you post but I don't always read all the b.s. mudslinging either.
Anyway all I was pointing out thru all this crap is that I someone makes an honest mistake balancing their books or whatever that results in a fractured law does not make them a criminal. BTW it is not against the law to write a hot check. If you ignore it instead of taking care of it then it will be sent to the DA. Again if you take care of it technically no law has been broken, but if you don't than a warrant is issued, only then can you be arrested or it and you get to go to gray bar hotel.
Listen,
I never said I do not break the law. I speed, I've rolled stop signs, jaywalked all of those petty things. You are putting words into my mouth again. I have never passed a hot check. It is each and every persons responsibilty to make sure they have sufficient funds in a bank account to back that legal document they sign. Why is it so hard for you to grasp the point I am trying to get across here. I am not accusing him of being a bad person, just irresponsible. And yes it is a criminal offense, Look at Texas Penal Code 31.03(a)(e).
pissed off

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Sep 14, 2010
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen,
I never said I do not break the law. I speed, I've rolled stop signs, jaywalked all of those petty things. You are putting words into my mouth again. I have never passed a hot check. It is each and every persons responsibilty to make sure they have sufficient funds in a bank account to back that legal document they sign. Why is it so hard for you to grasp the point I am trying to get across here. I am not accusing him of being a bad person, just irresponsible. And yes it is a criminal offense, Look at Texas Penal Code 31.03(a)(e).
to the lady in ss. tx, no one is putting words in your mouth, what the lady in round rock is trying to say there is a difference in someone writing a check and it bouncing, thought it was taken care of then someone that know good and darn well they have no money in the bank and keeps writing and writing hot checks. thats someone who deserves to be in jail. NO ME!!!
I get the feeling you think you are miss perfect and can do no wrong, but, like the the lady said, you break laws constantly and dont realize it. Petty? i wouldnt call it petty, dont you think you should be in jail for it, i mean you think i should be... mistakes happen to innocent people.I have never ever been in jail and wouldnt hurt a fly, i had no buisness in there.
Maybe one day when you slide by that stop sign like you said you do, you will get caught, get a ticket , by some chance forget it, and then get pulled over and get arrested and spend you happy ass in jail for 24 hours and rethink about judgeing other people not calculating their check book right you may just want to rethink your thoughts about people.
oh, and thelady in round rock, tx, thankyou for trying to explain to this lady which she never did comprehend, but, hey, she's great at calculating her check book.
pissed off

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Sep 14, 2010
Reality wrote:
Wow I have never had that many typos in a single post. No more sleep typing. I'm outta here!!
how would you know what the penal code is unless you work for the police department yourself. no wonder your defending them so much.(to the lady in ss, tx).
pissed off

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Sep 14, 2010
reality wrote:
Pissed off,
thank you miss hard ass
Who Really Cares

Sulphur Springs, TX

#15 Sep 14, 2010
Who really cares? Seriously! Did you learn your lesson? That's the most important thing.
Who Really Cares

Sulphur Springs, TX

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Oh, and anyone can google Texas Penal Code and look at the laws. http://tinyurl.com/32qntyq (first link)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Commerce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 21 OnePhart 1,123
coot coots , and, prune shoots (May '16) Oct '16 Rowdy James Yancey 6
Talking about my brother, Benny (Sep '07) Sep '16 Holly 34
News A rose by another name was Texarkana (Jul '16) Aug '16 Inquisitor 6
Ladonianites for Bernie Sanders (May '16) Jul '16 Eagle Eye 4
New Roadside Park (Mar '15) Jul '16 All I know 11
Tommie Tubb (May '16) Jun '16 Family 11

Commerce Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Commerce Mortgages