Three Fort Campbell Soldiers Killed in Two Days

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

The Department of Defense says a 25-year-old from Georgia was one of three Fort Campbell-based soldiers killed in Iraq in two days.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 29, 2008
Dave

Kingston, GA

#1 Apr 27, 2008
Signing up for the military while the Bush War of choice is going on is foolish. College or VoTech would have been a wiser decision.
WardenMom

United States

#2 Apr 27, 2008
Dave wrote:
Signing up for the military while the Bush War of choice is going on is foolish. College or VoTech would have been a wiser decision.
I don't agree with this war, but I don't think any of these Soldiers signed up for Bush's sake. Regardless of anyone's take on the war, calling their choice to defend our country "foolish" is just down right disrespectful and mean.
franman

Stone Mountain, GA

#4 Apr 27, 2008
Dave, you need to go back to school and read some history about why this country doesn't use German as our official language. Freedom isn't free and my hat goes off to anyone who serves in any military unit and their family deserves our gratitude and thanks for defending our country. Just because you are a coward doesn't mean we all are. Semper Fi!!!
BoPeep

United States

#5 Apr 27, 2008
Maybe, someday Mr. Bush will be tried for war crimes!

“Respect the Great Mother”

Since: Apr 08

Lawrenceville, GA

#6 Apr 27, 2008
While I disagree with going to Iraq in the first place, my heart and thoughts go out to all the families of friends of these fallen soldiers. May the Goddess (or whatever deity they believe in) bless their families and flood them with love. Blessed be.
Bjamil

Stone Mountain, GA

#7 Apr 27, 2008
Attacking Iraq for no reason at all is not defending Our Country. This is a war chosen by Bush and his cronies for his ego only. Liberating the Iraqies is crap. Bush is a criminal and should be assinated. Semper Fi that a hole.
franman wrote:
Dave, you need to go back to school and read some history about why this country doesn't use German as our official language. Freedom isn't free and my hat goes off to anyone who serves in any military unit and their family deserves our gratitude and thanks for defending our country. Just because you are a coward doesn't mean we all are. Semper Fi!!!
Dave is a pansy

Acworth, GA

#8 Apr 27, 2008
Dave wrote:
Don't worry Dave, there will be plenty of volunteers to protect a big sissy like you.
michaelmoore

Lithonia, GA

#9 Apr 27, 2008
Bjamil wrote:
Attacking Iraq for no reason at all is not defending Our Country. This is a war chosen by Bush and his cronies for his ego only. Liberating the Iraqies is crap. Bush is a criminal and should be assinated. Semper Fi that a hole. <quoted text>
Why don't you go join your Al Qaida buddies and stap on a bomb for the cause you piece of crap. Or go be a human shield? You talk brave but you don't back it up. Semper Fi that you a-hole.
Caroline

Birmingham, AL

#10 Apr 28, 2008
My husband is a 101st soldier. He actually works for the same unit just a different batallion. He signed up about the same time my husband did. And reguardless of when or why they signed up you should not talk about their enlistment as "foolish" just goes to show how ignorant you really are. Someone had to sign up so there wouldn't be a draft. And some people enjoy going over seas to defend our country.
Candi

United States

#11 Apr 29, 2008
Shaun was a very good friend of mine and he was not foolish for serving our country...he is and ALWAYS will be a HERO.....He will be very missed...Thanks for all the prayers...We love u Shaun

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Commerce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 8 min silverfox 53,241
Georgia High School Football - Banks County tro... (Sep '06) 16 hr Mike truth 3
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
Debate: Marijuana - Commerce, GA (Aug '10) Aug 25 Bushmaster 12
beware of commerce vet (Feb '10) Aug 12 Pam 5
Halsey siblings score Jr. Dragster wins at Comm... Jul '14 Antonio 2
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul '14 what 2,045
•••

Commerce News Video

•••
Commerce Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Commerce Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••