Bikinis, Texas: Businessman Buys Bankersmith, Texas, Renames After Brand

Jul 17, 2012 Full story: The Huffington Post

Doug Guller, Founder and CEO of ATX Brands, has announced plans to purchase the former ghost town of Bankersmith, Texas and rename it something much more appealing to the average tourist: Bikinis .

Full Story
Mike Murphy

Liberty Hill, TX

#1 Jul 18, 2012
My friend Maggie Montgomery made Bankersmith a destination by living there for fifteen years, creating a venue in the middle of nowhere, complete with house concerts, BBQ and Sunday jams. She was evicted from Bankersmith yesterday so the bikers could take over what she created. Somehow, that got left out of the story....her son, Monte Montgomery, held concerts and reunions of his Montiacs there several times a year. The BBQ guy is the one who sold her out to Doug Guller. There is no justice. There was no 'long abandoned' town. It was full of life and laughter and beer, and it was Maggie's home.
Donna

Fredericksburg, TX

#2 Jul 24, 2012
What ashame...just another tourist trap. :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Comfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Manny 535
starlight recovery center Oct 19 jlswls 10
Quality Roofing - John Yarbrough Oct 8 roofer1234 5
More Stevens Trouble (Apr '14) Oct 1 Motherof2 12
Home wrecker Sep '14 pay back is a bitch 1
edge falls (Jun '07) Sep '14 UrbanG 131
Comfort Dating
Find my Match

Comfort Jobs

Comfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Comfort News, Events & Info