Colville paratrooper dreamed of becom...

Colville paratrooper dreamed of becoming a doctor

There are 4 comments on the The Columbian story from Mar 9, 2007, titled Colville paratrooper dreamed of becoming a doctor. In it, The Columbian reports that:

Spc. Ryan Bell joined the Army hoping to eventually become a doctor. That dream was cut short this week when a bomb exploded near the paratrooper's vehicle in Iraq, killing him and five other soldiers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbian.

CITIZEN AMERICAN

AOL

#1 Mar 14, 2007
PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS of Ryan... AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND OUR COUNTRY. Yakima Wa. thinking of you and praying for you..PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS... AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND OUR COUNTRY.. Yakima Wa. thinking of you and praying for you.. thank you RYAN for your services...
Suzi Meller-Hooten

Apache Junction, AZ

#2 Mar 16, 2007
Our prayers are with you who have been the closest to Ryan.
My son, Scott Hanna, was in Basic with Ryan and is on the funeral detail there in Washington. Scott's initial thoughts about joining the Army were also for med school.
Our hearts break for the pain through which you walk. It seems our human words are inadequate for times like this and it is the 23rd Psalm to which we turn.
Mo OFearna9109

United States

#3 Mar 25, 2007
Thank-you so much for your kind words. Ryan was a personal friend and the son of my very best friends, Mike and Ginger Bell. As I walked through the funeral with Mike and Ginger I watched those young men that were there from our military to honor their fallen friend and I was so proud of each and every one of them. It is young men and women like them that makes this world a better place to be. My 13 year old son, Cody knew Ryan and looked up to him as someone he would like to be like. I am ashamed to say, "the war became real for me on March 5th when Ryan died". Mo
Suzi Meller-Hooten wrote:
Our prayers are with you who have been the closest to Ryan.
My son, Scott Hanna, was in Basic with Ryan and is on the funeral detail there in Washington. Scott's initial thoughts about joining the Army were also for med school.
Our hearts break for the pain through which you walk. It seems our human words are inadequate for times like this and it is the 23rd Psalm to which we turn.
Chris Mirowski

Loveland, CO

#4 May 9, 2007
Thank you Ryan for your tremendous sacrifice. Your life was cut tragically short. I take solace in knowing that there are dedicated paratroopers like you who are committed to your unit brothers first and then to your country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emerson murder (Jun '07) Jun 23 Laney 10
Message to the voters Jun 13 Defektor 1
News 'It just seems strange' (Sep '06) Jun 9 guest 10
She was shot after breaking into the home 6/3/16 Jun 6 jbird57 1
News 12 dogs found dead at Stevens County home, 39 r... (Mar '14) May '16 Ihatethetricounties 4
News Teen Guilty of Seeking Hit on Ex's Fetus (Apr '07) May '16 Ihatethetricounties 3
News Columbia River spill irks Colville Tribes Apr '16 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colville Mortgages