prescription drugs are killing us

prescription drugs are killing us

Posted in the Colville Forum

rhondaspok

United States

#1 May 23, 2008
My sister was home alone on Tuesday evening. She took an Ambien cr sleeping pill that Dr. Sherman in Colville had prescribed. She went to bed, laid awake for two hours and then got up and took one more Ambien cr. So, a total of twenty milligrams. My sister then fell asleep and had a "bad dream" she kept bumping into things in her dream and falling down and hurting herself. When she woke from the dream she was in her bed vomiting on herself. She made her way slowly downstairs to the bathroom in considerable pain. She looked in the bathroom mirror and discovered she had two black eyes, a cut under her eye, dried blood all over her face, two large bruises on top of her head, her ribs were very sore, her knees were a mass of bruises as well as her elbows. Her bedroom had been trashed, her clothing was gone and all of the money in her purse. There were no signs of forced entry, everything was still locked up from the INSIDE.
After doing some research on this Ambien cr I discovered many, many cases right here in Washington state going back to '05 and beyond of people sleepwalking, sleepdriving, and sleepeating while on this sleeping medication.
People who ate buttered cigarette butts, salt sandwiches, cases whre one woman put on 100 pounds and didnt know why, but every morning her bed was covered with food wrappers etc. The most dangerous is the sleepdriving. People wake up in their pajymas on the side of the highway being interrogated by law enforcement with no idea how they got ther. Someone is going to die if they haven't already. Certainly my sister could have easily died. She is badly injured. The pharmacies and Drs. were told enmasse about these side effects YEARS AGO and the pharmacies are supposed to provide that information with the drug. Neither the pharmacy in Walmart in Colville or Dr. Sherman herself offered my sister any information that would have saved her from this traumatizing event.
This is an absolute travesty. As a Doctor shouldn't you know what it is you are prescribing and what the potential life threatening side effects are so your patient can make a truly informed decision?!!!

If you know anyone taking Ambien or Ambien cr, please advise them to stop tsking it until they look into the potential side effects of this drug. The maker of the drug is saying people who drink even a drop of alcohol will have these side efeects. Funny my sister is a comeplete teetotaler.
This is a very dangerous drug.

Since: Apr 07

NorthEast Washington

#2 May 25, 2008
I hope your sister is better. I, too, have heard of such events while under the influence of Ambien. I know somebody who ended up in the padded party room at Sacred Heart (Psych floor) after taking Ambien, driving, fighting a police officer and then getting locked up). I'm curious about one thing you said, though; If everything was still locked up from the inside, where did all her clothing and her money go?
mary poole

Merritt Island, FL

#3 Jul 1, 2008
the drs. are trying to blame who ever for their intentional over dosing of prescription drugs.why cant some one stop these drs.
Joe

Spokane, WA

#4 Dec 28, 2008
I've taken ambien a number of times. Never had any trouble with it. It does help me get about 4 hours of restful sleep. It does increase my appetite after it starts to take efect. I wouldn't call it an uncontrollable urge, but there definitely is an increased desire to eat something. I'm aware of this side effect, so I prepare myself for it and go right to bed. There have been times where I have eaten something. I've read the stories about people cleaning out their refrigerators, and don't doubt that it happens. But it just doesn't affect me to that extent.
So long as doctors inform patients about possible side effects, I don't see the problem. Doctors are just trying to help their patients. And for most people, the side effects are minimal. Your sister's experience is the extreme imo that no doctor could anticipate. I don't think 2 Ambiens would knock a person out to the point that he/she could experience extreme physical harm and not wake up. There have been times when I have taken one Ambien and changed my mind about going to sleep and never got beyond somewhat drowsy. I really doubt that anyone could take an Ambien and wake up on the side of a road behind the wheel. It's not possible. Maybe 5 or 6 Ambien, but not the prescribed amount of 1. jmo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Law suggests protection for drivers who 'accide... Feb 21 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
need a it consultant? Feb 13 cyber scout 1
Illegal Alien (Daca) arrested for Murder Feb 10 Taylor 1
News Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due t... Feb 7 VeganTiger 2
News Spokane Police investigate vandalism of GOP hea... Jan 31 VeganTiger 1
News Shots fired in north Spokane streets; one dead (Sep '07) Jan 31 VeganTiger 105
Spokane city heading towards sanctuary status? Jan 31 VeganTiger 1

Colville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Colville Mortgages