So. Idaho county bans residents from ...

So. Idaho county bans residents from owning Pit Bulls

There are 75 comments on the KREM.com story from Apr 20, 2007, titled So. Idaho county bans residents from owning Pit Bulls. In it, KREM.com reports that:

Do you think Pitbulls should be banned as pets? Dog owners react Payette County has had enough, no more pit bulls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KREM.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
TxGal

Euless, TX

#62 Jul 11, 2011
We just got a new puppy and its a pit bull...I threw a fit when hubby brought him home because I had put down my Boston Terrier mix got ran over..(who everyone thought was a pit) but not..anyway Buster is about 5 months old now...he is a red and white..with green eyes..and I think he is absolutely beautiful..Hes learning..and hes hard headed...I have never owned one and I am learning..I am a dog lover and love all kinds..I just worry cause we travel with hubbys job from state to state and now going to Idaho..dk the name of the town yet but.. worry about the ban laws.. I have 2 chahua's too. any one know the lastest laws in Idaho as of 2011? thank you all and have a blessed day
john rudy jensen

Meridian, ID

#63 Aug 15, 2011
It's the lawmakers that need banning. How damned stupid can you get. Get rid of the sorry bastards.
PitLuver

Boise, ID

#64 Dec 3, 2012
Herd dogs and labs have a larger percentage in aggressive behavior and/or attacks then pits, in fact pits are only 18%. As a pit lover and owner, It is disgusting to me that people are so ignorant as to only acknowledge the media about pit bulls and not the lab that dismembered a newborn baby out of jealousy. There is a reason behind every pit attack and most lie within the owner!! So if we ban pits, lets ban herd dogs, and labs., and black people because they have a reputation for crime. Sorry but they're no different!!!! and i do not care who disagrees.
PitLuver

Boise, ID

#65 Dec 3, 2012
myndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'M SORRY BUT YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT PITS...THEY ARE THE MOST LOVING-KIND ANIMALS YOU CAN EVER HAVEAND THEY ARE NOT MAN MADE !!
GOD MADE ALL OUR ANIMALS INCLUDING PIT BULLS SO WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE LIBRARY AND READ UP ON THEM ????
Its because the dog got dog alzheimer's disease. Which is very common in old dogs, so instead of sounding like an idiot why dont you educate yourself first before you speak.
PitLuver

Boise, ID

#66 Dec 3, 2012
myndi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'M SORRY BUT YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT PITS...THEY ARE THE MOST LOVING-KIND ANIMALS YOU CAN EVER HAVEAND THEY ARE NOT MAN MADE !!
GOD MADE ALL OUR ANIMALS INCLUDING PIT BULLS SO WHY DON'T YOU GO TO THE LIBRARY AND READ UP ON THEM ????
That was meant for Wisher97
Get rid of pitbulls

Rochester, NY

#67 Dec 5, 2012
These are Canine Crocs - you have no clue when they will suddenly snap and maul you to death.

All this crap talk about, dogs only attack when they have bad owners - LIE. Even the most loving owners with the best intentions and training methods have had Molosser type dogs suddenly turn and snap on them, or get out and kill neighbor kids or other dogs.
These dogs have a deep seeded instinct to destroy. THAT IS WHAT THEY WERE BRED FOR. To bait Bulls and Bears and fight to the death with other dogs or smaller game. They love to fight, gets their endorphines up. They dont ever stop.

Yes, Other breeds bite, but not with the savage capability of Pits/Molosser breeds.
It's like either get bit by a Lab, who bites once and is done like getting punched once by Justin Beiber.
or get mauled by a pit who multiple bites and wont let go even when hit over the head with objects, like getting pummeled by Mike Tyson.
Get rid of pitbulls

Rochester, NY

#68 Dec 5, 2012
2011 31 US fatal dog attacks

pits 22 that's 71% of the total
rotties 4 that's 13% of the total

2010 33 US fatal dog attacks

pits 21 that's 64% of the total
rotties 3 that's 9% of the total

2009 32 US fatal dog attacks

pits 14 that's 44% of the total

2008 23 US fatal dog attacks

pits 15 that's 65% of the total
rotties 0 that's 0% of the total

2007 35 US fatal dog attacks

pits 23 that's 66% of the total
rotties 4 that's 11% of the total

2006 31 US fatal dog attacks

pits 18 that's 58% of the total
rotties 8 that's 26% of the total

2005 28 US fatal dog attacks

pits 14 that's 50% of the total
rotties 5 that's 18% of the total

PITBULLS KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN ANY OTHER BREED AND YOU CAN'T DENY THAT OR DISPROVE IT
instinctual behavior

United States

#69 Apr 8, 2014
It's not the dog that is bad or the owner. These dogs attack because it is their instinct. Just like the sweetest nature dog may growl at you if you mess with him when he is eating. It isn't because he is a bad dog or been trained to attack, he is just responding to his instinct. I believe every pit bull has the possibility of having that attack instinct triggered and these owners touting the "responsible pet owner" theory are deceiving themselves. I believe it is incredibly irresponsible of us as a society to allow this breed to propagate.
Animal researcher

Boise, ID

#70 Dec 16, 2014
Pit Bull dogs are NOT the problem. The owner is the problem. People need to educate themselves prior to being able to own an animal and Politicians need to educate themselves and the public they are representing prior to making new laws.
Animal researcher

Boise, ID

#71 Dec 16, 2014
Get rid of pitbulls wrote:
2011 31 US fatal dog attacks
pits 22 that's 71% of the total
2010 33 US fatal dog attacks
pits 21 that's 64% of the total
rotties 3 that's 9% of the total
2009 32 US fatal dog attacks
pits 14 that's 44% of the total
2008 23 US fatal dog attacks
pits 15 that's 65% of the total
rotties 0 that's 0% of the total
2007 35 US fatal dog attacks
pits 23 that's 66% of the total
rotties 4 that's 11% of the total
2006 31 US fatal dog attacks
pits 18 that's 58% of the total
rotties 8 that's 26% of the total
2005 28 US fatal dog attacks
pits 14 that's 50% of the total
rotties 5 that's 18% of the total
PITBULLS KILL MORE PEOPLE THAN ANY OTHER BREED AND YOU CAN'T DENY THAT OR DISPROVE IT
I see you have an aggressive tone yourself and you have the numbers. Too bad you don't have all of your research done.

Since: Nov 14

Location hidden

#72 Dec 16, 2014
I get where they're coming from. my neighbor had 2 pitbulls and they made life miserable for the whole subdivision
Animal researcher

Boise, ID

#73 Dec 16, 2014
instinctual behavior wrote:
It's not the dog that is bad or the owner. These dogs attack because it is their instinct. Just like the sweetest nature dog may growl at you if you mess with him when he is eating. It isn't because he is a bad dog or been trained to attack, he is just responding to his instinct. I believe every pit bull has the possibility of having that attack instinct triggered and these owners touting the "responsible pet owner" theory are deceiving themselves. I believe it is incredibly irresponsible of us as a society to allow this breed to propagate.
I sure hope you do not own an animal or have children because that frame of mind u s what gets people looking at only the negative and is incredibly ignorant and shows signs of a person that is truly uneducated on breeds.
travis

Tacoma, WA

#74 Dec 21, 2014
think about the owners should they be punishisef for raisen a stupid dog"and yes i think they should and dont punish the breed.
Sinead Holladay

Houston, TX

#75 Mar 25, 2015
I think to ensure my safety and to be proactive, there a ight to be very stringent laws about where men are allowed. Centuries of evidence clearly document that men are much more likely to commit a dangerous crime than women. They are by far the most dangerous gender. I want to feel safe from rape, assault, murder, and I have the right to be safe in my own home and neighborhood. I'm not advocating for the eradication of men, just for tight control. They should not be allowed in certain areas and should be very regulated where allowed. The reduction in violent crimes would be astounding.
Makes about the same sense, if not more, than BSL. In fact, men are responsible for way more deaths and maiming than all dog breeds put together.
Crassus

Nampa, ID

#76 Apr 24, 2015
Pit Bulls are the dog of choice for the white trash scumball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White woman led Covington NAACP chapter from 20... Thu Ray Buttler 4
News The lesson your child can learn from Rachel Dol... Thu Ray Buttler 6
News Ex-NAACP leader: 'I identify as black' Wed Ray Buttler 16
Israel Keyes (Aug '12) Jun 23 Elmno 2
News Cell phone battery explosion starts Post Falls ... Jun 21 anonamouse 1
Ethics of Colville sheriffs department (Apr '09) Jun 17 MonaTalk 14
News Rainbow Family apparently eyeing Gifford Pincho... (Jun '11) Jun 17 MonaTalk 4
More from around the web

Colville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Colville Mortgages