Public input on parking sought

There are 2 comments on the Nov 23, 2007, Asheville Citizen-Times story titled Public input on parking sought. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

The city is looking for the public's help in a new downtown parking study. Residents and others are invited to a series of meetings Thursday to talk about the ongoing study.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“BEAT A PAIR OF JACK'S & A FOX ”

Since: Feb 07

ASHEVILLE

#1 Nov 24, 2007
Let the downtown merchants build their own garage. How about that?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 24, 2007
Asheville needs more parking. It's critical to keeping downtown alive and from sliding back into its former nuclear-meltdown appearance.

I think a perfect place to put the multi-level parking while at the same time helping to improve the appearance of Asheville and its downtown is Prichard Park.

Simply level the whole thing, dig a deep hole, and start building the multiple parking layers.

The beasts that inhabit the place now are “wild an' woolly, an' full o' fleas, an' hard to curry below the knees”, and for the most part are just public exhibitionists. They can move their drum-fest underneath the I-240 Bridge and the overwhelming majority of Buncombe County will be tickled pink. Besides, that would be closer to home for most of them anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Rutherfordton, NC (May '12) Mar 31 george orwell 14
Cheep. Viagre Mar 28 Elmer 1
News video Vietnam, Korea vets to get high school di... (Sep '06) Mar '15 ApePeeD 2
Review: Nurse One Inc (Feb '14) Mar '15 NurseinNC 2
Bobby dean howard and amanda howard Feb '15 Carolina1775 1
News Deputies: Former Little League coach accused of... Jan '15 Dave 1
Internet Service Provider Jan '15 armyguy 3
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]