When did victim bashing become accept...

When did victim bashing become acceptable?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

beyond_shocked

Lewisburg, PA

#1 Sep 3, 2006
Let me just state that I do not know personally either of the men running for the office. I am attacking no one with this post,nor am I saying that any one person is right or wrong. All things will come out in the hearing, and everyone will have to live with the decisions that the court makes including the victims, Mr. Abril, his poor family as well as everyone in the community.

My main goal with this post is to state that I do know that some of the things that were stated about the victims were untrue. Some seem quick to bash these women and say that what they have said are lies, but you do not know the whole story. There are only 3 people that do,the two victims and Chris Abril. I do know that someone stated in another post that the reason behind her doing this was so she could get her children back. That they were returned to her once he was arrested.[B]This is so not true[/B]. There were no deals and her poor children have NOT been returned to their parents. Those two cases are not related.

Also who cares if she was seen in town at one in the morning? Is this no longer a free country? Have you never had to go to the store or decided you were hungry in the early hours of the morning? How many of you can say you have never been out after midnight for any reason? Heck maybe she goes out that late at night for the reason that she chooses not to run into a bunch of people who would like to say mean and hateful things about her to her face instead of in a forum?

She is aware that this has caused alot of anger in our community. For some reason some would like to say she has something to gain in all of this? What is there to gain? For people to hate her? For people to want to hurt her? She has already hurt for so many years over this subject. For this to happen to someone so young, for goodness sake she was only 11 just think if it had been yourself in her position. Do you have children that young? Can you picture that happening to your 6th grader? What were you doing in 6th grade? Still playing with toys and wanting to wear make up, thinking of your favorite band,wondering what you would wear to school the next day. Those were not her thoughts. She was dealing with having to have sex with a grown man.

So before you continue to bash these poor victims, just remember that this kind of thing happens all over america. People in high places take advantage of children every day. And think of all the news stories in the last ten years that you have read where someone did something to a child. More than likley you were not involved closely with the person in question and you automaticly felt sorry for the victim and thought that the person accused was a monster. I am not saying that anyone should think of Chris Abril as a monster, but I think that everyone should take a step back and wait until the evidence comes out before we say they have told a lie. Stop bashing the victims. These are the kind of things that make molested or raped women not want to ever come forward because they know that unless the man they accuse is the scum of the earth that has not one friend on the planet... there will be people that will say they are telling a lie. We have no choice but to wait until the evidence comes out and then go from there. What will all of this victim bashing get you. It will not change the outcome of the case.

Just remember before you try to say something mean about anyone else. Would you want someone to say these exact things about you if this terrible crime were on your own doorstep.
dbs800fan

Pangburn, AR

#2 Sep 3, 2006
Postings such as these should not be before the trial.I would at this time reccomend a change of venue for Mr.Abril so as to afford him a fair and impartial trial.
sick of Dirty Dept

Charlotte, NC

#3 Sep 4, 2006
I feel very sorry for Chris Abril's family - and I don't even know them.

I do know, however, that under Chris Abril's "leadership" (HA)--- unscrupulous behavior runs rampant within the Columbus PD.

AND --I'm not letting the SO office off the hook either.

Tax Payers of Polk County and Columbus, NC --- OPEN YOUR EYES.. and please be responsible citizens.

This event gives you the power to ASK QUESTIONS and get answers from your entire Public Defense System.

Do you really want to pay for literal "Internal Affairs"?

YOU are held accountable for your actions - please take this chance to make sure those "protecting you" are held to the same standards.

There is more here than meets the eye.....
Please heed this advice from "one who knows"....
beyond_shocked

Charlotte, NC

#4 Sep 4, 2006
Why do you say this post should not be before the trial, but all the other ones you condone and particapte in? why is this?
Clean Blue1

Pangburn, AR

#5 Sep 23, 2006
beyond_shocked wrote:
Why do you say this post should not be before the trial, but all the other ones you condone and particapte in? why is this?
The public will know All here shortly... and then we will see the true Character of the players .
ooh scared now

Greensburg, PA

#6 Sep 23, 2006
Dun dun dunnn,and the plot thickens......give us all a break...
Clean blue1

Kershaw, SC

#7 Sep 24, 2006
Try this one for argument sake...this so called crime has an insidious nature..... Take a sheriff...a few so called detectives...have them go out in search of victims...a few they tried... and I stress...TRYED ...to coaxe and convince...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
E. Dorsey (Dec '14) Jun 3 Haha 3
Drugs in Flat Rock NC (Feb '09) Apr '16 Telling you 2
Hookers in Hendo (Apr '12) Apr '16 Telling you 4
News Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries sm... Apr '16 Curmudgeon Patrol 1
what do you think about dss workers doing drugs (Jan '12) Apr '16 Makes me sick 2
no one up here uses Topix Why ? (Nov '15) Mar '16 For real 4
News Absent Henderson County sheriff nears deadline (Dec '11) Mar '16 just saying 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages