Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 1,512)

Showing posts 30,221 - 30,240 of49,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken we were talking about infidelity in marriage between a man and a woman. I believe Arnold said evangelicals turn a blind eye to infidelity/divorce. Evangelicals are not exactly a bastion for gay marriage.
Why do you hate my freedom of how I view marriage, or anything else for that matter? If you're so big into freedom, respect mine. It's people like you that are no different than what you accuse people of me hating. What says you get to like gay marriage and that's right and I don't and that's wrong? If you're talking about freedom in every sense of the word Mike, yours' ends where mine begins. Deal with it.
Bacon, come on girl...

Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...

TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!

Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, come on girl...
Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.
Arnold, I want to ask you a question and I'm asking for an answer without name throwing? Well, actually I have two questions. What is a redbone? Why does it bother you that Silver is moving to Singapore and I'm moving? I know you will say you don't care, but why does it bother others when people decide to remove themself (themselves) from a situation they don't agree with? You know there's more than just us that have decided to move and for Silver and me, it's two different reasons, but yet it's to get away from the rat race and politics here in the U.S. I, too, will be living as a minority and it doen't bother me a bit. The people are kind and welcoming and I can contribute to their way of life and they can help me understand a different culture. Silver, IMO, is making a strategic move financially and maybe he feels as I do about contributing to another country and learning from their culture. There's a large amount of people that have already liquidated their assets and moved them to another country, is this considered a defector to you? Arnold, have you ever thought Silver feels as strongly about the direction this country is headed down, as you do about gay marriage, and he knows he can't change this country, so why not change countries? I wish him, his wife and family well and hope everything works out great for them. I hope for my family's sake, everything works out great for them too. We're just trying to get away from the rat race here in the U.S. and Lord knows, we've paid our dues, and give a little peace and beauty for those in my family that are deserving. I think in the future, the U.S. will see more people relocating because of the state of chaos, financial instability and lack of leadership. You've heard the saying "Don't leave mad, just leave", well maybe that's what we're doing. On a positive note, Topix is everywhere Arnold, and we'll keep in touch. Wish us the best as I harbor no ill will against you or anyone on here and hope everything goes great for you after your retirement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I want to ask you a question and I'm asking for an answer without name throwing? Well, actually I have two questions. What is a redbone? Why does it bother you that Silver is moving to Singapore and I'm moving? I know you will say you don't care, but why does it bother others when people decide to remove themself (themselves) from a situation they don't agree with? You know there's more than just us that have decided to move and for Silver and me, it's two different reasons, but yet it's to get away from the rat race and politics here in the U.S. I, too, will be living as a minority and it doen't bother me a bit. The people are kind and welcoming and I can contribute to their way of life and they can help me understand a different culture. Silver, IMO, is making a strategic move financially and maybe he feels as I do about contributing to another country and learning from their culture. There's a large amount of people that have already liquidated their assets and moved them to another country, is this considered a defector to you? Arnold, have you ever thought Silver feels as strongly about the direction this country is headed down, as you do about gay marriage, and he knows he can't change this country, so why not change countries? I wish him, his wife and family well and hope everything works out great for them. I hope for my family's sake, everything works out great for them too. We're just trying to get away from the rat race here in the U.S. and Lord knows, we've paid our dues, and give a little peace and beauty for those in my family that are deserving. I think in the future, the U.S. will see more people relocating because of the state of chaos, financial instability and lack of leadership. You've heard the saying "Don't leave mad, just leave", well maybe that's what we're doing. On a positive note, Topix is everywhere Arnold, and we'll keep in touch. Wish us the best as I harbor no ill will against you or anyone on here and hope everything goes great for you after your retirement.
LOL... Silver can move, but like voting, if you have no vested interest in the country by remaining here, then I feel that your criticism of it has no purpose, as the one's staying here do have a vested interest. Actually the move may be good for Silver as he has probably been isolated here (by his own choice) of other cultures. In Singapore, he will be forced to experience a people of another culture and that may do him some real good in regard to his hatred for other races. I hope it is a positive learning experience. I also wish you and your husband a good experience, as that is something that you wish to do in your lives.

As far as 'Redbone' is concerned, I have no earthly idea. I just find it intriquing that another ignorant label is used for blacks. I guess the lexicon for names is endless. Maybe she just made it one up. To get an answer, you would have to ask her, but the risk is that if you do, she will start using your name to write bogus posts. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Taxpayer is playing the waiting game, hoping that if enough time passes he will not have to answer the question about how my political philosophy is taken directly from the Communist manifesto. I see he is directly avoiding it and buying some time. This has been his pattern in the past. How about it, Taxpayer?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Legislating from the bench is weak sauce.
Then what do you propose the job of the bench to be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The"other brothers"? You're killing me AZ....
I don't think I have used that term since 1974, but it sure made you happy. I plan to use it more if that is the case. LOL

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

"Redbone"was a term indicating half black, half white...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
I thought it meant Native American Indian since they were referred to as the "red man". Go figure. You and Arnold have probably heard this term "high yellow". The first time when I worked for the government and I heard this term, I thought it meant the person had jaundice. Go figure again. This has nothing to do with race, but one day I had to go ask the most conservative attorney, who I actually asked him if he had ever sinned he was so straight, "what a crime against nature meant." Go figure how uncomfortable that conversation and explanation was. I thought it mean people having sex with animals. Turns out, that wasn't correct. Go figure big time. Everybody asked why of all people I asked him and I said it was his brief I was working on, so I thought he should be the one to ask.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Geez! Gail is right. I am a Redbone. Hitler referred to us a Rhineland bastards. The top half of me is white and the bottom half is black. I am happy with the arrangement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it meant Native American Indian since they were referred to as the "red man". Go figure. You and Arnold have probably heard this term "high yellow". The first time when I worked for the government and I heard this term, I thought it meant the person had jaundice. Go figure again. This has nothing to do with race, but one day I had to go ask the most conservative attorney, who I actually asked him if he had ever sinned he was so straight, "what a crime against nature meant." Go figure how uncomfortable that conversation and explanation was. I thought it mean people having sex with animals. Turns out, that wasn't correct. Go figure big time. Everybody asked why of all people I asked him and I said it was his brief I was working on, so I thought he should be the one to ask.
If one was a high yellow redbone, he would certainly be a colorful figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.
Minding my own business and walking on my side of the street shouldn't be any problem there. From what my friend tells me my biggest hurdle is I am an American. But looking forward to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Then what do you propose the job of the bench to be?
Not legislation. That is for congress.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not legislation. That is for congress.
Then what is the role of the bench if not to determine the constitutionality of a law?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Minding my own business and walking on my side of the street shouldn't be any problem there. From what my friend tells me my biggest hurdle is I am an American. But looking forward to it.
Are they allowed to walk on your side of the street? Maybe they are like us in believing that you can walk anywhere you want to. My guess is that you will return within the year. You are not cut out to be multi-cultural, by your own admission.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Bacon..."high yellow"referred to a person one quarter black...."octoroon"o ne eighth black..."mustee"refe rred to someone with a trace amount of"non white"blood.....who could pass for"white"...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Silver, Let's take the most extreme scenario. Congress rules that all guns are to be outlawed and confiscated by the government. Should the court step in to overrule this law based on it's unconstituionality?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Then what is the role of the bench if not to determine the constitutionality of a law?
Undermine Americans rights and freedoms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Silver, Let's take the most extreme scenario. Congress rules that all guns are to be outlawed and confiscated by the government. Should the court step in to overrule this law based on it's unconstituionality?
No. The guns would have to be collected by force. Poor example.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Are they allowed to walk on your side of the street? Maybe they are like us in believing that you can walk anywhere you want to. My guess is that you will return within the year. You are not cut out to be multi-cultural, by your own admission.
Actually, it is looked down on and you can not hold a "sensitive" government job if you are gay. Illegal for gays to marry in that country as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,221 - 30,240 of49,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hendersonville, NC (Aug '10) Apr 12 ads9934 61
The EVIL LIEBERAL DIMOHRAT PARTY Apr 12 ads9934 4
Open Message to Judge David K. Fox Apr 6 JLawrence Smith 1
Willaims Family (Jun '08) Apr 4 Debra Williams Kling 16
Word of Faith Mar 30 screamers 3
"ICE" Facility Downtown Worries Residents (May '12) Mar 27 Totally 13
Review: Morris Broadband (Nov '10) Mar 23 PK Feeley 12
•••
•••