Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31358 Dec 30, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously, she no longer cares about you, as she spends most of her time and various identities on me.....you finished second, old man!
Now, you are making me cry, when otherwise, I was having such a good day. Dog gone it!

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31359 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you are making me cry, when otherwise, I was having such a good day. Dog gone it!
Into each life...a little rain....

Location hidden

#31360 Dec 30, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Into each life...a little rain....
My deluged flooding eyes reveal the pain that drowns my heart.

Location hidden

#31361 Dec 30, 2012
Watch out for all the Negroes that pull into your driveway. One of them may be a redbone.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31362 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Watch out for all the Negroes that pull into your driveway. One of them may be a redbone.
We don't use the term"Negroes"anymore .it's"Blacks".What's the matter with you AZ? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY! OOH, WOE IS ME!

Location hidden

#31363 Dec 30, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> We don't use the term"Negroes"anymore .it's"Blacks".What's the matter with you AZ? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY! OOH, WOE IS ME!
Yea, I was just returning briefly to the 19th Century for a minute using the polite term for the N word. Unfortunately, Gail has not reached this point of politeness yet. "Redbone"...that's a new one for me. I like that. Wait until I tell the other brothers.

Location hidden

#31364 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we are talking about personal choices. I think the question is the freedom and equality of all people on a level playing field in our society. I could say that I believe that all white people should pay back slavery to blacks by placing all white people into bondage, but even though this would be my view, this belief would not promote freedom and equality for white people. Just as if I would believe that homosexuals should not marry, that may be my personal belief, but it does not promote freedom, equlity and a level playing field for all homosexuals. To exclude anyone from any of the freedoms that are given to all others is discrimination against that group. Do you understand my statement now?
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?

Location hidden

#31365 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?
Human rights have nothing to do with people's personal beliefs. As I pointed out, my personal belief could be to enslave all white people, but at the same time, that would make it unfair for all white people. The end result of the Marriage Amendment vote is that homosexuals do not have the same rights as heterosexuals in regard to marriage, at least in NC they don't. My belief is that this issue is coming before the Supreme Court soon, and I think you will see the Amendment overturned in the states that have denied it. At least, that is my hope, and that is OK with me if your personal view is to see it upheld. I just want an equal playing field for everyone in America, and right now, it is not.

Location hidden

#31366 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights have nothing to do with people's personal beliefs. As I pointed out, my personal belief could be to enslave all white people, but at the same time, that would make it unfair for all white people. The end result of the Marriage Amendment vote is that homosexuals do not have the same rights as heterosexuals in regard to marriage, at least in NC they don't. My belief is that this issue is coming before the Supreme Court soon, and I think you will see the Amendment overturned in the states that have denied it. At least, that is my hope, and that is OK with me if your personal view is to see it upheld. I just want an equal playing field for everyone in America, and right now, it is not.
Arnold, I've read where gay marriage will be heard before the SCOTUS. If the SCOTUS decides all amendments are overturned in every state, hey that's on them not me, still won't change my personal belief. I'm not going to riot in the street, or set my hair on fire and run around the frontyard naked because of a decision I don't agree with. It will be what it will be and though I would disagree, if it's the law, it's the law. Doesn't make me a bad person to disagree with same sex marriage, it's how I believe whether the SCOTUS changes the law or not.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31367 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I was just returning briefly to the 19th Century for a minute using the polite term for the N word. Unfortunately, Gail has not reached this point of politeness yet. "Redbone"...that's a new one for me. I like that. Wait until I tell the other brothers.
The"other brothers"? You're killing me AZ....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31368 Dec 30, 2012
Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
And if she had a gun, she probably would have been shot as well. Did her attackers out number her 5-1?
If she practiced gun control, I'd beg to differ.

Location hidden

#31369 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I've read where gay marriage will be heard before the SCOTUS. If the SCOTUS decides all amendments are overturned in every state, hey that's on them not me, still won't change my personal belief. I'm not going to riot in the street, or set my hair on fire and run around the frontyard naked because of a decision I don't agree with. It will be what it will be and though I would disagree, if it's the law, it's the law. Doesn't make me a bad person to disagree with same sex marriage, it's how I believe whether the SCOTUS changes the law or not.
Legislating from the bench is weak sauce.

Location hidden

#31370 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal playing field? They had every opportunity to not engage in the homosexual deviancy. But they chose poorly. So they should suffer for making a bad decision. What you are seeking is that Utopia you keep telling us that does not exsist.

Location hidden

#31371 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken we were talking about infidelity in marriage between a man and a woman. I believe Arnold said evangelicals turn a blind eye to infidelity/divorce. Evangelicals are not exactly a bastion for gay marriage.
Why do you hate my freedom of how I view marriage, or anything else for that matter? If you're so big into freedom, respect mine. It's people like you that are no different than what you accuse people of me hating. What says you get to like gay marriage and that's right and I don't and that's wrong? If you're talking about freedom in every sense of the word Mike, yours' ends where mine begins. Deal with it.
Bacon, come on girl...

Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...

TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!

Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.

Location hidden

#31372 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, come on girl...
Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.

Location hidden

#31373 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.
Arnold, I want to ask you a question and I'm asking for an answer without name throwing? Well, actually I have two questions. What is a redbone? Why does it bother you that Silver is moving to Singapore and I'm moving? I know you will say you don't care, but why does it bother others when people decide to remove themself (themselves) from a situation they don't agree with? You know there's more than just us that have decided to move and for Silver and me, it's two different reasons, but yet it's to get away from the rat race and politics here in the U.S. I, too, will be living as a minority and it doen't bother me a bit. The people are kind and welcoming and I can contribute to their way of life and they can help me understand a different culture. Silver, IMO, is making a strategic move financially and maybe he feels as I do about contributing to another country and learning from their culture. There's a large amount of people that have already liquidated their assets and moved them to another country, is this considered a defector to you? Arnold, have you ever thought Silver feels as strongly about the direction this country is headed down, as you do about gay marriage, and he knows he can't change this country, so why not change countries? I wish him, his wife and family well and hope everything works out great for them. I hope for my family's sake, everything works out great for them too. We're just trying to get away from the rat race here in the U.S. and Lord knows, we've paid our dues, and give a little peace and beauty for those in my family that are deserving. I think in the future, the U.S. will see more people relocating because of the state of chaos, financial instability and lack of leadership. You've heard the saying "Don't leave mad, just leave", well maybe that's what we're doing. On a positive note, Topix is everywhere Arnold, and we'll keep in touch. Wish us the best as I harbor no ill will against you or anyone on here and hope everything goes great for you after your retirement.

Location hidden

#31374 Dec 31, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I want to ask you a question and I'm asking for an answer without name throwing? Well, actually I have two questions. What is a redbone? Why does it bother you that Silver is moving to Singapore and I'm moving? I know you will say you don't care, but why does it bother others when people decide to remove themself (themselves) from a situation they don't agree with? You know there's more than just us that have decided to move and for Silver and me, it's two different reasons, but yet it's to get away from the rat race and politics here in the U.S. I, too, will be living as a minority and it doen't bother me a bit. The people are kind and welcoming and I can contribute to their way of life and they can help me understand a different culture. Silver, IMO, is making a strategic move financially and maybe he feels as I do about contributing to another country and learning from their culture. There's a large amount of people that have already liquidated their assets and moved them to another country, is this considered a defector to you? Arnold, have you ever thought Silver feels as strongly about the direction this country is headed down, as you do about gay marriage, and he knows he can't change this country, so why not change countries? I wish him, his wife and family well and hope everything works out great for them. I hope for my family's sake, everything works out great for them too. We're just trying to get away from the rat race here in the U.S. and Lord knows, we've paid our dues, and give a little peace and beauty for those in my family that are deserving. I think in the future, the U.S. will see more people relocating because of the state of chaos, financial instability and lack of leadership. You've heard the saying "Don't leave mad, just leave", well maybe that's what we're doing. On a positive note, Topix is everywhere Arnold, and we'll keep in touch. Wish us the best as I harbor no ill will against you or anyone on here and hope everything goes great for you after your retirement.
LOL... Silver can move, but like voting, if you have no vested interest in the country by remaining here, then I feel that your criticism of it has no purpose, as the one's staying here do have a vested interest. Actually the move may be good for Silver as he has probably been isolated here (by his own choice) of other cultures. In Singapore, he will be forced to experience a people of another culture and that may do him some real good in regard to his hatred for other races. I hope it is a positive learning experience. I also wish you and your husband a good experience, as that is something that you wish to do in your lives.

As far as 'Redbone' is concerned, I have no earthly idea. I just find it intriquing that another ignorant label is used for blacks. I guess the lexicon for names is endless. Maybe she just made it one up. To get an answer, you would have to ask her, but the risk is that if you do, she will start using your name to write bogus posts. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Location hidden

#31375 Dec 31, 2012
Taxpayer is playing the waiting game, hoping that if enough time passes he will not have to answer the question about how my political philosophy is taken directly from the Communist manifesto. I see he is directly avoiding it and buying some time. This has been his pattern in the past. How about it, Taxpayer?

Location hidden

#31376 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Legislating from the bench is weak sauce.
Then what do you propose the job of the bench to be?

Location hidden

#31377 Dec 31, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The"other brothers"? You're killing me AZ....
I don't think I have used that term since 1974, but it sure made you happy. I plan to use it more if that is the case. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Rutherfordton, NC (May '12) Tue Stupidbitch 12
NC church members facing charges in beating of ... Mon Duh Ralph 11
Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Dec 13 cloredeal 21
Fugitive from Florida arrested (Aug '08) Dec 12 jon1 12
Are Houseboats allowed? Dec 10 Jamie 1
Sex buddies Dec 7 forest city forum 2
Rats! Dec 4 hum 3
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web