Top cop in Columbus charged with rape

Top cop in Columbus charged with rape

There are 60 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 28, 2006, titled Top cop in Columbus charged with rape. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A Polk County police chief running for sheriff was indicted Monday on charges he raped two girls, ages 10 and 12, almost 20 years ago, according to the State Bureau of Investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

800DBSfan

Campobello, SC

#21 Sep 4, 2006
waiting wrote:
If it is in the trunk or cargo area of an "SUV" then you would not be able to see it, now would you? I do not think so, think of something else. Are you still avoiding the earlier posts about Abril's department?
Think again one can not see what isn't there.Maybe the storage unit behing the jail needs to be inventoried.
800DBSfan

Campobello, SC

#22 Sep 4, 2006
800DBSfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Think again one can not see what isn't there.Maybe the storage unit behing the jail needs to be inventoried.
The old bank. Thanks guys
800DBSfan

Campobello, SC

#25 Sep 5, 2006
800DBSfan wrote:
Lock, thanks again guys
As far as PD own. ref:2
800DBSfan

Campobello, SC

#26 Sep 5, 2006
sick of Dirty Dept wrote:
Hey Waiting ---- You are absolutely correct!!
Thank you for trying to get these folks to see that there is more to the PD bad behavior than just Abril.
He is just the leader of a dept gone bad.
I am furious about behavior that is allowed "behind the badge" --- how can a PD "Officer" commit wife abuse - have a record of drug possession - commit MULTIPLE internal "AFFAIRS" - and neglect to support his children?????????
AND this PD "badge holder" is just ONE of many within the Columbus system!
If one is to make a statement one should get the facts right,The officer in quetion is a RESERVE officer on suspention pending the outcome of the charges.

There is no payed employee of the Columbus P.D. currently on suspension other then Chris Abril.
halcyon daze

Sanford, NC

#27 Sep 8, 2006
RALLY FOR CHRIS ABRIL!
THIS SATURDAY 10:00 STEARN SCHOOL IN COLUMBUS!
PLEASE COME AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!
horseshouldbesol ucky too

Victoria, Canada

#28 Sep 8, 2006
all the police are dirty , the indiviuals are hired with the implicit personality trait of conformity and its flipside ostracization.The fear of not being in the loop is palpable in the forces, you 'all know that the LA PD was killing people ?Under the Mr. Gates watch.
Hate to say your being naive ,but i can't restrain myself.
Just wonder how could the drug traffic exist without the police?
Too many people want to injure dealers for what is done to relatives and friends, but action against dealers ,a la Deathwish style just doesn't happen . Hmmm in california certain proceeds of crime seem to end up in auction going to police widows and friends ,Hmmmm.
waiting

Eddyville, KY

#29 Sep 8, 2006
Wayne Kent is not on reserves for Columbus PD.. The other officer "waiting" trial is, and still carries his badge!!!
dbs800fan

Pangburn, AR

#30 Sep 8, 2006
waiting wrote:
Wayne Kent is not on reserves for Columbus PD.. The other officer "waiting" trial is, and still carries his badge!!!
Wyne is a RESERVE on suspension the other is a RESERVE on suspension pending the outcome of the trial.Get your facts straight please.
waiting

United States

#31 Sep 8, 2006
Well the "other" reserve still has his badge, and did not get his gun permit or anything else from Satterfield... In fact he got turned down by the S.O. and went to the old faithful Columbus PD!! My facts cannot get any straighter, I promise!
800DBSfan

Campobello, SC

#32 Sep 8, 2006
waiting wrote:
Well the "other" reserve still has his badge, and did not get his gun permit or anything else from Satterfield... In fact he got turned down by the S.O. and went to the old faithful Columbus PD!! My facts cannot get any straighter, I promise!
COURT PAPERS AND GUN PERMITS WITH SATTERFIELD'S SIGNATURE WILL PROVE DIFFERENTLY.I'M SORRY FOR YOU BUT APPARENTLY YOU ARE THE WIFE OF ONE IN THE S. O.
BY THE WAY THE OTHER NOT CERTIFIED IN RADAR IS SGT. WATERS. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
800DBSfan

Campobello, SC

#33 Sep 8, 2006
waiting wrote:
Wayne Kent is not on reserves for Columbus PD.. The other officer "waiting" trial is, and still carries his badge!!!
THIS ONE IS JUST TOO UNIFORMED TO COMMENT ON.
waiting

United States

#34 Sep 9, 2006
Not a wife of the S.O. Sorry to dissapoint your stupid little "conspiracy theory." Check Rutherford county for gun permits...now get your story straight!!
dbs800fan

Pangburn, AR

#35 Sep 9, 2006
waiting wrote:
Not a wife of the S.O. Sorry to dissapoint your stupid little "conspiracy theory." Check Rutherford county for gun permits...now get your story straight!!
temper temper now....reference:Gun permit will be entered into evidence.
dbs800fan

Pangburn, AR

#36 Sep 9, 2006
waiting wrote:
Wayne Kent is not on reserves for Columbus PD.. The other officer "waiting" trial is, and still carries his badge!!!
I HOPE HE STILL HAS HIS BADGE.COLUMBUS P.D. IS DOING IT'S JOB RIGHT!HE WOULD NOT BE REQUIRED TO TURN IN HIS BADGE UNTIL OR IF CONVICTED OF A CRIME.
dbs800fan

Pangburn, AR

#37 Sep 9, 2006
FOR THE 10TH. TIME....WAYNE KENT IS ON SUSPENSION....
SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED C.P.D. THAT A STRANGE MAN WAS DRIVING ONE OF THEIR PATROL CARS WHEN HE WAS ON RESERVES....CONSIDERING YOU SAY HE WASN'T. THIS ONE IS JUST SO FAR OFF IT'S LAUGHABLE.
PdPhLsRuS

Charlotte, NC

#38 Sep 10, 2006
dbs800fan wrote:
FOR THE 10TH. TIME....WAYNE KENT IS ON SUSPENSION....
SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED C.P.D. THAT A STRANGE MAN WAS DRIVING ONE OF THEIR PATROL CARS WHEN HE WAS ON RESERVES....CONSIDERING YOU SAY HE WASN'T. THIS ONE IS JUST SO FAR OFF IT'S LAUGHABLE.
Speaking of driving, you seem to be the driver of your own little band wagon but turn around and look behind you, there seems to be no passengers. By the way, how'd your little rally go?? I did'nt see any supporters at the heritage day festival, I think you were in that one alone too!
Tickedoff

Pangburn, AR

#39 Sep 10, 2006
PdPhLsRuS wrote:
<quoted text> Speaking of driving, you seem to be the driver of your own little band wagon but turn around and look behind you, there seems to be no passengers. By the way, how'd your little rally go?? I did'nt see any supporters at the heritage day festival, I think you were in that one alone too!
DEPUY D. GROW UP AND GET OVER IT. YOU KNEW BETTER.
Norman Wayne Kent

Spartanburg, SC

#41 Sep 11, 2006
If one wish’s to know the truth and actual facts about a said person.. Then one should consult directly to this said person.. And bear their true Identity.. and not conceal themselves with some screen name..

Formally with the Columbus Police Department
Norman Wayne Kent
Norman Wayne Kent

Spartanburg, SC

#42 Sep 11, 2006
If one wish’s to know the truth and actual facts about a said person.. Then one should consult directly to this said person.. And bear their true Identity.. and not conceal themselves with some screen name..

Formally with the Columbus Police Department

Norman Wayne Kent
Columbus, North Carolina
[email protected]
DBS800FAN

Pangburn, AR

#43 Sep 11, 2006
THANK YOU WAYNE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 13 MLK Day Celebrations and Observances in Char... Jan 16 MLK eh 1
E. Dorsey (Dec '14) Jan 15 Smh 4
News Video gambling ends in N.C. (Jun '07) Jan 15 DonutJack Van Dunkin 40
Bobby dean howard and amanda howard (Feb '15) Jan 13 What 2
Fletcher officer(s) known to take advantage of ... Jan 8 Anonymous 1
Review: Hendersonville Orthapedics - Nathaniel ... (Jan '11) Jan 8 Anonymous 2
kristen fincher Dec '16 looking for her 1

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages