Top cop in Columbus charged with rape

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

A Polk County police chief running for sheriff was indicted Monday on charges he raped two girls, ages 10 and 12, almost 20 years ago, according to the State Bureau of Investigation.
Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2006
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mountainman

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2006

Just keep watching and see. You will find it's a pattern. Anytime the heat gets on Satterfield he does the wimpy thing and lies his way out. Just as when "his" pick for lead detective red Sams was uncovered by the Hendersonville-Times News....(great job), as a phony and a fake, he said that he had no idea that Sams was lying about all his credentials and turned his back on Sams in a split second. The same way when an ex-deputy caught a drunk driver who happened to be a friend of Satterfield and he was terminated the next day and told the deputy that he should have taken the drunken woman home. Or hopw about how he attends church....mostly at election time yet calls on a psychic advisor to solve crime in Polk County paying over $300 dollars to a female psychic yet acts like the perfect person every Sunday, what comes around goes around Satterfield. Dirty politics will not prevail.
majorserpicofan

Campobello, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2006

I'm behind Chris 100%....will see all at the rally tomorrow.
molkey

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2006

majorserpicofan wrote:
I'm behind Chris 100%....will see all at the rally tomorrow.
maybe the next support rally for Chris can be after five o'clock so the working people who believe in him and the truth can attend.
donkeykong

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2006

It's funny how you can be so sure about it. Just because you haven't heard the evidence ,you believe it doesn't exsist. If Chris gets elected , man the Mexicans will really run the county. I just can't vote for some one that doesn't speak good english.
majorserpicofan

Campobello, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2006

donkeykong wrote:
It's funny how you can be so sure about it. Just because you haven't heard the evidence ,you believe it doesn't exsist. If Chris gets elected , man the Mexicans will really run the county. I just can't vote for some one that doesn't speak good english.
This isn't even deserving of a reply
silent sam

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2006

what a racist comment. have you ever had a conversation with him? his english is just fine. based on the way you type, i don't think you "speak good english" either.
Copgrl

Landrum, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2006

I won't even dignify that comment...Chris is a great man and I believe and trust in him and fully support him. I hope and pray people continue to give their support to Chris and he beats Satterfield. We need him out of office. Satterfield is nothing but low-down and dirty. It amazes me that his mother-in-law got off with a mis when she stole from her employer and also how satterfeild's campaign manager's daughter got off stealing from the school system without serving time. Hmm guess he does favors for people that break the law..makes you wonder what else he has done. There is so much more that I won't ebven get into..Good luck Chris and we are pulling for you!!
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

Wondering??
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

Has anyone looked into Abril's department lately?? What's left of it...
CICI

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

waiting wrote:
Has anyone looked into Abril's department lately?? What's left of it...
If you knew anything you would know Chris dept. has been investigated by two different depts. in the past six months....and cleared. by the request of whom?I think we know this one.
$30,000.a year for life is a pretty good motive.
cici

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

donkeykong wrote:
For your information Chris is from Peru not Mexico.
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2006

I have VERY close personal knowledge Abril's departmnet is in shambles....and he may have been investigated. Then look what happened, charges brought against him. Abril's not the only one suspended at the moment in his department!!
silent sam

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

the last post is completely inaccurate.
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

You do not believe??? Why not?? Seek and ye shall find. There is another officer at the PD suspended at this very moment until after his own court date. So quick to blame others for Abril's own actions?? Abril knows this is true, ask him yourself. As far as the last post being totally inaccurate what part, charges have been brought against him last I heard.
dbs800fan

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

You all the remember the sunny View incident right....
The public should be outraged as to the fact the detectives and other's had no tactical equipment in their patrol cars when the call when out.
Seems they didn't want to fill their big county bought suvs with it.All had to go home to retrieve their equipment and get dressed.As of last night there is as yet any tactical as of this posting in the patrol cars mentioned in the above statement.

I will be hanging out in here watching the guys up north are really interested in how this one pans out.

I am now taking over for gotcha
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

I guess you have searched their cars? Where is your search warrant?
dbs800fan

Inman, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

waiting wrote:
I guess you have searched their cars? Where is your search warrant?
One doesn't need a search warant to see {or not see large pieces of tactical equipment and gear}all one has to do is look.assuming a little too much here.It was never stated who observed this.
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

If it is in the trunk or cargo area of an "SUV" then you would not be able to see it, now would you? I do not think so, think of something else. Are you still avoiding the earlier posts about Abril's department?
waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2006

Cat got your tongue on this one?
sick of Dirty Dept

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2006

Hey Waiting ---- You are absolutely correct!!
Thank you for trying to get these folks to see that there is more to the PD bad behavior than just Abril.
He is just the leader of a dept gone bad.

I am furious about behavior that is allowed "behind the badge" --- how can a PD "Officer" commit wife abuse - have a record of drug possession - commit MULTIPLE internal "AFFAIRS" - and neglect to support his children?????????

AND this PD "badge holder" is just ONE of many within the Columbus system!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 9 min Victoria 56,340
Carolina Toyata 8 hr lawful Citizen 2
Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Jul 26 Anonymous 17
Word of Faith Jul 21 i heard 7
does anyone know kathy davidson blankenship (Feb '11) Jul 3 Tommy miller bills 3
Stevie Nanney Jun 30 The Man 1
Are you with the Republicans in Supporting Gay ... Jun '14 Patriot 2
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000