How to Listen to a Church Sermon

How to Listen to a Church Sermon

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Kevin

Forest Hills, NY

#1 Sep 6, 2006
"How do you listen to a church sermon?" asked Jake Wally of Bristol, Tennessee. It was an innocent question coming out of Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting.

Carla Boynton squinted, like she'd heard something not quite right had come out of somebody's mouth. And Lisa Bitters removed a pack of chewing gum from her pocket, unwrapped a stick and stuck it into her mouth and said "What do you mean?"

"How do you listen to a dry sermon like that one?" Jake said. "I nearly didn't make it. It was like crossing the Mohave desert without a drop to drink."

"The spring rain technique works for me," said Ken Pallows. "I let the minister's voice pour over me like a spring rain you got caught in. If I see a puddle, I jump it or

http://evangelicalspectator.typepad.com/the_e...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hendersonville seems bent on becoming obstacle ... (Sep '07) Wed Scarlet_OHare 22
Review: Dana Fancy Foods Jul 23 ncmcdonalds 1
The Big July 4 Heist at Weaverville WalMart (Jul '12) Jul 22 joseph hudgins 2
natasha @verizon Jul 8 yomama 1
Open Message to Judge David K. Fox (Apr '14) Jul 8 Update - Case Dis... 2
News Bill raising NC graffiti punishments get Senate... Jul 6 Beau 2
Whatever Happened... Jun '15 sandie K 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages