Pot seized in 'sophisticated operation' in Henderson

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

This was no small-time basement operation for growing marijuana plants. Ductwork providing special ventilation snaked between suspended fluorescent lights in the mobile home Sheriff Rick Davis said housed ...
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2007
Cheech

Swannanoa, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Do you believe the people answering the Citizen-Times poll halfway down their web page, www.citizen-times.com ?

58 percent of them so far say they've never gotten high.....
bikerchick

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

They are in denial, its Asheville, you can get a contact high here.

“No More Wars!”

Since: Oct 07

Charles City Iowa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Leave the pot growers alone ... they are providing a service that many of us use.

Peace,
dosomrealwork

Newton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

I have yet to see a coke bust, meth, heroin, or any other hard drug bust lately. I wish the cops in asheville, hendoville will do some real police work and find those dealers.Lets be honest who really gives a crap about weed anyways.
Jess

Arden, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

this just chaps my behind(wouldnt let me post the word i really wanted to use).

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

they ought to be busting the kid killers like meth and heroin dealers
Etowah

Mills River, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Always happens folks, someone got pissed about the operation and "rattttttttted", so much hype about "Mary Jane" and nothing constructive about the "REAL DANGERS."

Another election year what else would you expect but self-serving agenda's. With all the death out there you would think that someone would finally wake up and attack "BIG" business of "METH", but not so just keep on feeding the coffers of the elite...what to say!!!!
Alice

Sherrills Ford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Lame. Leave these people alone, who are they harming? Meth, cocaine, heroin, crack - those drugs kill. Weed just makes people want to sit on the couch and eat twinkies all day.
Tod Aiken

Columbus, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Thanx, People! Comments like these just go to show that not EVERYONE has their collective head buried in the sand somewhere. For those that really care - this was first and always about compassion, not the almighty dollar. People with cancer, lukemia, and other various illness were patients. We can only hope that someone else will be able to help them, now that I no longer can. Please keep spreading the word that there ARE benefits to medical marijuana. It takes more than one person to successfully change the mind of an ignorant society. God made Pot - Man made beer. Who do YOU trust?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Yeah right...this is just a rehash of the same moronic Timothy Leary crap I heard 40+ years ago. Interesting though, the ones I remember that used weed and hashish then and kept on using the stuff are either dead, dirt poor and burned out, or wards of the State living in either The Big House or in some creepy mental asylum. Gee guys, just think what you have to look forward too?

Since: Dec 07

Columbus,NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Well,gee! Another close-minded person who only hears and doesn't truly LISTEN. Advocates for the use of Medical Marijuana are talking about ONLY the people who truly need it for the diseases that are ravaging their bodies. MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO GET HIGH!!! The people who use it only want to be able to live longer and spend as much quality time with their families as possible. The alternative? Make yourself (and your family by having to witness your struggles) suffer pain and starvation needlessly. If these people are already dying, I really don't think money is first on their list of concerns. Stoners and Sufferers are two totally different groups of people, each with their own agenda. The difference is - sufferers are tired of the government telling them they have to continue to live a lower quality of life just because an UNALTERED HERB has been wrongly classified as illegal! We only want doctors to be able to legally prescribe medical marijuana to their patients in need without repercussions. Do some research into MEDICAL marijuana before you condem people who only want to get well!
Cho

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

it amazes me that this made the front page, i guess it's so eveyone feels better "at least it's not a huge meth lab bust in our local area". makes me feels better, at least there isn't harder drugs in these mountains, yeah.
Truckin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Get our country back wrote:
Leave the pot growers alone ... they are providing a service that many of us use.
Peace,
Keep arresting them....I love it when they sieze all their possessions and property too. As long as pot is illegal keep enforcing the law.

Since: Feb 07

Ashevegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

they may be bustin' some of the growers, but it is still easy to find in this area. I am not interested in using drugs, but sure have to question the logic of making them illegal, especially when they are still so easy to get.

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Since: Feb 07

Leicester

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Tod Aiken wrote:
Well,gee! Another close-minded person who only hears and doesn't truly LISTEN. Advocates for the use of Medical Marijuana are talking about ONLY the people who truly need it for the diseases that are ravaging their bodies. MEDICAL MARIJUANA IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO ONLY WANT TO GET HIGH!!! The people who use it only want to be able to live longer and spend as much quality time with their families as possible. The alternative? Make yourself (and your family by having to witness your struggles) suffer pain and starvation needlessly. If these people are already dying, I really don't think money is first on their list of concerns. Stoners and Sufferers are two totally different groups of people, each with their own agenda. The difference is - sufferers are tired of the government telling them they have to continue to live a lower quality of life just because an UNALTERED HERB has been wrongly classified as illegal! We only want doctors to be able to legally prescribe medical marijuana to their patients in need without repercussions. Do some research into MEDICAL marijuana before you condem people who only want to get well!
Medicinal marijuana decreases their pain, somewhat. Morphine does it better, I would say. However, both leave them rather stoned, IMO. And medicinal usage may increase appetite somewhat. It is a "mask". What they need is a cure. But if it helps them, I have no problem with that.

The average everyday pothead? If they want to get stoned out of their minds, it is their brain cells they are killing.

I DO and always WILL have a problem with any kind of dealer. Many care not who they sell it to nor the effects of what they are doing have on others. Its a very profitable market and they are only in it for the $. I say send every single one of them down the river.

As well as just the recreational users who are dumb enough to get caught with it. Good grief.

Just my opinion. Dont have to agree with it, but it is mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr Victoria 56,608
Carolina Toyata Jul 29 lawful Citizen 2
Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Jul 26 Anonymous 17
Word of Faith Jul 21 i heard 7
does anyone know kathy davidson blankenship (Feb '11) Jul 3 Tommy miller bills 3
Stevie Nanney Jun '14 The Man 1
Are you with the Republicans in Supporting Gay ... Jun '14 Patriot 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search