Are there any weight loss clinics in ...

Are there any weight loss clinics in this area?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
prada

Pascagoula, MS

#1 Oct 26, 2008
I was curious if there were any doctor monitored weight management clinics in Columbus. Or if there was a doctor that would consider prescribing meds even if you didnt weigh 300 lbs.?
mel

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Go to access health care. Dr. Venemenneni prescribed stuff for me, I had to do all of the blood work, ekg, and what not for it,but insurance covered everything but the prescriptions.
Jeff

Brookhaven, MS

#3 Nov 22, 2008
Dr. Michael White
opened the weight loss clinic near the hospital.. just off of bluecutt road. behind brooks eye center..
phentermine based weight loss/with a low carb diet
prada

Pascagoula, MS

#4 Dec 6, 2008
Jeff wrote:
Dr. Michael White
opened the weight loss clinic near the hospital.. just off of bluecutt road. behind brooks eye center..
phentermine based weight loss/with a low carb diet
Thank you for info
lisat

Bartlesville, OK

#6 Apr 14, 2009
Don't go to Dr. Michael White...not a good doctor..pill pusher and bad person. Just another greedy doctor to right prescriptions for pill poppers for a buck.
concerned

Starkville, MS

#7 Jul 29, 2009
i have heard the same thing about dr white that he gives diet pills reguardless of you wt and health. i am a nurse and my doctor will only give phenteramine to people that are truly obese and do not have underlying health conditions such has htn or heart problems. and he does that twice a year with routine office visits physcians like dr white make others look bad!
Jess

Fulton, MS

#8 Mar 8, 2010
I will argue with that dr white only writes diet pills for 6 months and then he want write them for u anymore. As far as pain pills go dr white drug tests u everytime and u better have everything ur suppose to and nothing ur not suppose too or he will not write u and u have to have an MRI and MRI report as well as a dr referal so know all your facts first !!!!!
Golddigger

Florence, AL

#9 Feb 7, 2011
Jess wrote:
I will argue with that dr white only writes diet pills for 6 months and then he want write them for u anymore. As far as pain pills go dr white drug tests u everytime and u better have everything ur suppose to and nothing ur not suppose too or he will not write u and u have to have an MRI and MRI report as well as a dr referal so know all your facts first !!!!!
He is a Quack!
Happy

Durant, MS

#10 Mar 2, 2011
I went to dr white and have lost 50 pounds. Yes he does prescribe pill but if YOU will follow his diet, it should work for you! Just depends on if you really want to lose weight or just want a high!
Jess

Columbus, OH

#11 May 26, 2011
Does anyone have a phone number for this doctor?
Brad

Ecru, MS

#13 Jun 22, 2011
Let me tell you from personal experience that Dr White is nothing but a pill mill. I know several patients that get prescibed 200 pills and have no MRI or medical records transferred. Up until lately you could say "doctor so-so referred me here!" they would tell you that you need to get your records sent to them but after a few visits they stopped asking.

I know in my case I was referred and my doc sent my MRI and all records. In my first visit he didn't even open my folder of records I brought. He sat down and asked me what my level of pain was? How often? Can I sleep well? And a few more questions. After that he wrote out a script for 180 lortabs a month and 30 Xanax. After about 4 visits I was hooked on pain killers, which I wasn't when I was referred there. I told him that the pils weren't working as good anymore. I told him this obviously because I had become hooked and wanted more and more. Without blinking an eye he wrote a script for another 60 Percoset a month.

Form your own opinions. I allowed myself to become an addict and doc white was my dealer. I got hooked fast and went down fast. Never had any drug or alcohol problems before in my life until then. It isn't doc whites fault I chose to take the pain killers but it is his fault that he overprescribed pain meds to a 160 pd man. How does a doc justify giving a person 180 lortabs, 60 percosets, and 30 Xanax a month for a bulging disk. And doing it all without ever laying a hand on the patient or ordering any further or additional tests.
Golddigger

Florence, AL

#14 Jun 22, 2011
Golddigger wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a Quack!
I agree they need to shut all these "pain clinics" and "weight loss clinics" down! They do nothing but push pills to people that show up seeking pain meds. The should arrest both the doctors and the patients that frequent them.
just me

Starkville, MS

#15 Jun 23, 2011
you people can say whatever you like but dr. white is a good doctor who cares and takes the time to check you out completely.If you are in agony 24-7 he is your only help around here.Great doctor who needs to be left alone so he can help people who really need it!
Someone who knows

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 24, 2011
just me wrote:
you people can say whatever you like but dr. white is a good doctor who cares and takes the time to check you out completely.If you are in agony 24-7 he is your only help around here.Great doctor who needs to be left alone so he can help people who really need it!
Can you give me the phone number there?
my opinion

Ridgeland, MS

#17 Jun 30, 2011
most of the patients are drug seekers. he can't justify the quantity of meds he give for pain. as far as weight loss he has a certain amount everybody should weigh regardless. so. if you are needing s fix....he is your man. once addicted and you can't pay for your visit.....you are in trouble.....withdrawal set in. these folks live to get high off pain meds. they need to start detox quick fast and in a hurry before they overdose.
Carolk12

Tupelo, MS

#18 Jul 10, 2011
I am patient of Dr White's and if not for him, I would already killed myself. I have had both hips replaced, right knee reconstruced, and my back broken in 6 places. Every disk in my back can be seen on every picture of any scan and believe me they don't look like they are the way they should be. He has always had my file in hand and told me everything I wanted to know. He gives me the blocks in my back right there in office and that saves me not going to hospital or surgery center, where you are charged by hospital, and 5 or 6 more people. I don't understand why the people complain that havent had anything to do without having been there. The only reason is that is understand is that you were kicked out by falling drug test or you went in wanting pills and he refused you. The guy that says he got hooked, like he said Dr White did not make you take them. Did he think Dr White was going to do, preform mircle. What if he had gone to another pain clinic, IT WOULD BE THE SAME THING, HOOKED AND THE DOCTORS CAUSED IT.
JCR

Olive Branch, MS

#19 Jul 21, 2011
That is BS. Dr. White would not see me without dr reffereal in history faxed to office then a month later he saw me after reviewing my case. I fell 70 foot from a utility pole thru trees and on a fence. Crushe vertabrates, broke bone every where, almost cut my left arm off. After months of rehab finally walked again. Im probably one of the worst pain cases he has ever saw, and it took me that long to get in. Come on with this pill pussher buisness!
hba4ua

Pell City, AL

#20 Sep 6, 2011
could someone tell us his phone number
lovesmyfamily

Ripley, MS

#21 Oct 27, 2011
I have to disagree. Dr white is a very strict doctor. He looks at MRI before he will allow his staff to make an appointment.
Msmosaic

New Albany, MS

#22 Nov 4, 2011
Did you consult an attorney since he over prescribed and you became addicted because of his malpractice?
Brad wrote:
Let me tell you from personal experience that Dr White is nothing but a pill mill. I know several patients that get prescibed 200 pills and have no MRI or medical records transferred. Up until lately you could say "doctor so-so referred me here!" they would tell you that you need to get your records sent to them but after a few visits they stopped asking.
I know in my case I was referred and my doc sent my MRI and all records. In my first visit he didn't even open my folder of records I brought. He sat down and asked me what my level of pain was? How often? Can I sleep well? And a few more questions. After that he wrote out a script for 180 lortabs a month and 30 Xanax. After about 4 visits I was hooked on pain killers, which I wasn't when I was referred there. I told him that the pils weren't working as good anymore. I told him this obviously because I had become hooked and wanted more and more. Without blinking an eye he wrote a script for another 60 Percoset a month.
Form your own opinions. I allowed myself to become an addict and doc white was my dealer. I got hooked fast and went down fast. Never had any drug or alcohol problems before in my life until then. It isn't doc whites fault I chose to take the pain killers but it is his fault that he overprescribed pain meds to a 160 pd man. How does a doc justify giving a person 180 lortabs, 60 percosets, and 30 Xanax a month for a bulging disk. And doing it all without ever laying a hand on the patient or ordering any further or additional tests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brady led pack in North Miss. election fundraising 11 hr Money Money Money 3
News Supervisors talk future of area infrastructure,... Dec 2 Noadvancementofco... 1
Jason Williams Dec 2 Breakn inta jail 1
News Clay County native, veteran starting organic ca... Dec 2 MARY W 1
News Our Opinion: Smoking bans produce positive resu... Nov 21 Simple Solution 8
News Indoor smoking bans hit a decade in Northeast M... Nov 20 Smoking Bars 3
News Man injured in alleged hit-and-run dies at hosp... Nov 20 Real Frank 1

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages