Jehovah's Witnesses baptize 28 in poo...

Jehovah's Witnesses baptize 28 in pool at BJCC Arena

There are 55 comments on the Alabama Live story from Jun 16, 2012, titled Jehovah's Witnesses baptize 28 in pool at BJCC Arena. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

About 8,000 Jehovah's Witnesses gathered for a regional Bible teaching convention this weekend at the BJCC Arena and cheered as 28 new converts were baptized today in a portable swimming pool set up on the arena floor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jace

Ardsley, NY

#1 Jun 20, 2012
These numbers are not what the society consider good number

The service dept views 1 percent as a good range

80 folks and above is what they look for 28 out of an attendance of 8000 is considered a poor performance for a years worth

In 12 months they only got 28 folks

Most jw have no idea this is the service dept range

“Bustin' Myths”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 20, 2012
Jace wrote:
These numbers are not what the society consider good number
The service dept views 1 percent as a good range
80 folks and above is what they look for 28 out of an attendance of 8000 is considered a poor performance for a years worth
In 12 months they only got 28 folks
Most jw have no idea this is the service dept range
How many were born in kids?
JACE

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Jun 21, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
How many were born in kids?
NOW THAT IS a great question,

which makes the numbers even worst- that means all the hawking of wt books for over a year didn't bring in but what 15/20 new folks and the rest were jw kids
samMYdog

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jun 21, 2012
JACE wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW THAT IS a great question,
which makes the numbers even worst- that means all the hawking of wt books for over a year didn't bring in but what 15/20 new folks and the rest were jw kids
Sam>>
years ago I heard in a talk don`t be suprised if the numbers drop the closer to the end we get.
Could this be happening now lets wait for the 2012 service year report and then take a look at the numbers.no matter what the end is comming!!!

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 21, 2012
28 for a convention of 8000 is low.
I've seen assemblies of 1800 have 15-20.
little lamb

Australia

#7 Jun 21, 2012
Hope the people who were baptized , learned they are being baptized into Christ and not an organization

And I hoipe they learned from the account of Phillip and the eunuch, that the person who baptizes one, even though they were guided to you by Gods spirit, are not necessary to ones salvation..and like Phillip they can go off and never see you again...Because you now have been baptized into Christ and only have one owner

Here is hoping these people discern the BODY of CHRIST and not be imprisoned and taken into captivity by an organization that calls its leaders rulers [governing] and anointed [Christ]

Its so easy, to see the ones baptizing you as 'something' when they are 'nothing' but slaves and servants of Christ.

Since: Jun 11

Parmelia, Australia

#8 Jun 21, 2012
From the report
"Benjamin Henderson, 9, of Columbus, Miss., was the youngest of those baptized. "It was exciting once you got in the water," he said. "You feel the crowd and the excitement."

He said the baptism makes him a minister of Jehovah. Isaiah Coley, 11, of Birmingham, agreed.

"It means I've dedicated myself to Jehovah, gave him my life, repented for all my sins," Coley said."
How much younger will they get?

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 21, 2012
Blue Danube wrote:
From the report
"Benjamin Henderson, 9, of Columbus, Miss., was the youngest of those baptized. "It was exciting once you got in the water," he said. "You feel the crowd and the excitement."

He said the baptism makes him a minister of Jehovah. Isaiah Coley, 11, of Birmingham, agreed.

"It means I've dedicated myself to Jehovah, gave him my life, repented for all my sins," Coley said."
How much younger will they get?
And yet they preach not to baptize children.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Jun 21, 2012
Jace wrote:
These numbers are not what the society consider good number
The service dept views 1 percent as a good range
80 folks and above is what they look for 28 out of an attendance of 8000 is considered a poor performance for a years worth
In 12 months they only got 28 folks
Most jw have no idea this is the service dept range
Jace is not very good with math.

This is just ONE event of the year. These 8,000 people will attend another two similar events.

So for ONE THIRD OF THE YEAR 28 baptisms equates to about 84 baptisms for the year for these same 8000 people.

This is just over 1%.

And, Jace is reflecting his own views, NOT those of the Service Department. They are thrilled however many are getting baptized.

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 21, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
28 for a convention of 8000 is low.
I've seen assemblies of 1800 have 15-20.
The average growth of Jehovah's Witnesses is 2-3% each and every year. This means that baptisms ON AVERAGE must be higher than 2-3% per year (because some people leave).

Obviously the number of baptisms at any given event will vary widely between location to location.

So there is nothing important to be read into the number being baptized at one individual event.

But there is most certainly a great cause for joy for those who HAVE dedicated their lives to Jehovah through baptism:

What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...

"Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bt_E...

“New one man.”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 22, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>The average growth of Jehovah's Witnesses is 2-3% each and every year. This means that baptisms ON AVERAGE must be higher than 2-3% per year (because some people leave).

Obviously the number of baptisms at any given event will vary widely between location to location.

So there is nothing important to be read into the number being baptized at one individual event.

But there is most certainly a great cause for joy for those who HAVE dedicated their lives to Jehovah through baptism:

What Does the Bible Really Teach?
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bh_E...

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/gt_E...

"Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom
http://download.jw.org/files/media_books/bt_E...
So you won't be talking about how it is another sign of the end as the numbers are dropping?

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 22, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
So you won't be talking about how it is another sign of the end as the numbers are dropping?
The numbers are not dropping.
jace

Bethesda, MD

#14 Jun 22, 2012
samMYdog wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam>>
years ago I heard in a talk don`t be suprised if the numbers drop the closer to the end we get.
Could this be happening now lets wait for the 2012 service year report and then take a look at the numbers.no matter what the end is comming!!!
wHICH IS IT folks are 'streaming to the mt of jah" or they are not

wt teaches both positions dude

“Paradise Earth”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Jun 22, 2012
jace wrote:
<quoted text>
wHICH IS IT folks are 'streaming to the mt of jah" or they are not
wt teaches both positions dude
It is really very simple.

The prophecy says that people will stream to the mountain of Jehovah during the end times. Therefore if people ever stop streaming then that will be a sign that the prophecy has been fulfilled and that the end is therefore very close.

Currently, however, people are still very much streaming to the mountain of Jehovah.
jace

Bethesda, MD

#16 Jun 22, 2012
Aneirin wrote:
<quoted text>
Jace is not very good with math.
This is just ONE event of the year. These 8,000 people will attend another two similar events.
So for ONE THIRD OF THE YEAR 28 baptisms equates to about 84 baptisms for the year for these same 8000 people.
This is just over 1%.
And, Jace is reflecting his own views, NOT those of the Service Department. They are thrilled however many are getting baptized.
As i keep telling Gareth all the time, some issues you are just light in the pants on, but as we all see it never stops you from making a fool of yourself

Gareth it is not my fault that you have never at ANY POINT IN YOUR ASSOICATION WTIH JW had any knowledge or exp in regards to org policies, procedures and guidlines

so let me help your ignorant behind and give you some real life exp dude

As an elder I worked in the Chairman office at the district convention for a number of reader- i served as one of the elders who FOLLOWED THE OUTLINES AND MANUSCRIPTS OF THE SPEAKERS after each speaker completed his talk he would report to the chairmans office to be reviewed by the chairman or another elder in regards to his talk

my job along with another brothers were to note how closely he adhered to the Outline and esp the manuscript WHICH HAD TO BE WORD FOR WORD AND WE would highlight our copy to give to the bro who would be reviewing with the speaker

so dude please YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE-

I know it hurts when i can relate ACTUALY LIFE EXP OF BEING INVOLVED IN THIS RELIGIOn beyond "Mike Handler"

it has ALWAYS BOTHERED POSTER LIKE YOU AND OTHERS AND I JUST LAUGH

if you want some real life exp then DO WHAT I DID DEDICATE YOUR LIFE TO THE RELIGION AND DEMOSTRATE IT BY WATER BAPTISM

then reach out beyond Mike handler and perhaps if you dont tick off your elder you can be used beyond mike handler

NOW BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND

THE SOCIETY CONSIDERS 1% BAPTISM RATIO GOOD for all coventions, assemblies and speicail days

28 out of 8000 should have been about 80

at the circuit 900 about 9 and so forth

i can't help if you have never been in a conversation with someone and this and other topics are talkeda about

you are stupid if you can't grasp that there are many conversations, off the cuff, off the record and just general out to dinner issues that are discussed sometimes in front of wives as well as not in front of wives that deals with many topics

Gareth have you personally ever been out to dinner with anyone from "Service or Writing"

have you ever had anyone from legal over to your home for dinner?

do you have folks who you have known as friends for decades who serve in various levels within the org

Gareth what do you think that many former bethelites talk about when they go to the district and see their old buddies still at bethel?

dude you are over YOUR HEAD ON SO MANY TOPICS STAY ON THE PORCH
jace

Bethesda, MD

#18 Jun 22, 2012
MixedMedia wrote:
<quoted text>
So you won't be talking about how it is another sign of the end as the numbers are dropping?
you got to love these guys

increase means the end is near

decrease means the end is near

sounds like a Bookie, he get paid regardless of who is winning or losing
jace

Bethesda, MD

#19 Jun 22, 2012
Aneirin

"And, Jace is reflecting his own views, NOT those of the Service Department."

##########
Why does a mere bible study actually believe he knows what the Service dept considers good growth?

I have never undestood why Gareth chose early on when he came online here on Topix to play the "MERE BIBLE STUDY" ROLE and then want to talk as if he is part of the local building committee in his area

JW are not the sharpest knife in the drawer
one of the things about the org is you can tell folks exp by what they are able to talk about.

the first time Gareth started explaining the Kingdom Hall Loan program i was like "yea a bible study alright"

i know elders who can't explain the Hall loan program and they get to read all the letters from the society and here this clown comes up online and actualy tries to pretend to be what he is not

i enjoy forcing him into the pigeon hole he created

a mere bible study has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SERVICE DEPT-

Gareth why not stop lying man,

50,000 post and not ONE BIG TOE IN THE WATER
DUDE YOU AINT FOOLING NObody, WE HAVE PEEP YOUR CARD LONG TIME AGO

you are a joke!!!
jace

Bethesda, MD

#20 Jun 22, 2012
"average growth of Jehovah's Witnesses is 2-3% each and every year. This means that baptisms ON AVERAGE must be higher than 2-3% per year (because some people leave)."

@@@@@@@@@@

Gareth are you confusing Publisher Growth with number of Baptisms?

there can be baptism % Growth and Zero % publisher growth

Since: Oct 10

Homebush, Australia

#21 Jun 22, 2012
Mythbusters wrote:
<quoted text>
How many were born in kids?
most these days, one can tell if someone has been born in the faith or not, besides they are always very very young compared to any conversions.
jace

Bethesda, MD

#22 Jun 22, 2012
array wrote:
<quoted text>most these days, one can tell if someone has been born in the faith or not, besides they are always very very young compared to any conversions.
there are speakers who are giving Baptism Talks to EMPTY SEATS- not even the Kids are getting baptized

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NMMC Ceo: Och can be southern anchor for system Nov 14 Bigger Is Not Better 37
News Taylor campaign nets $3,000 in PAC funds Nov 3 Donkeyshart 2
News Atmos Energy plans to build new office Oct 31 12hrShift 2
Review: Plexus Slim by Sue Hollis (Oct '11) Oct 29 Nessa82 488
News Town hall meeting turns into 'anti-sale' rally Oct 28 City 17
Hannah baird Oct 25 123notme 2
Holcim Cement Plant in Artesia (Aug '14) Oct 23 carol reese 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages