Family sues city for jail death

Family sues city for jail death

There are 9 comments on the Commercial Dispatch story from Apr 24, 2010, titled Family sues city for jail death. In it, Commercial Dispatch reports that:

It's been more than three years since the death of 52-year-old Roosevelt Pernell Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Commercial Dispatch.

been there done that

Mansfield, MO

#1 Apr 25, 2010
do you still have old criket s for sheriff,, Hood and Lee for his helpers..anything they do or did is not a suprise..Does your Judge still have a post office box??
Good over Evil

AOL

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Good over Evil-Justice will prevail. Righ is Right-Wrong is Wrong. This Wrong must be made Right.
Good over Evil

AOL

#3 Jul 27, 2010
Good over Evil-Justice must prevail-Right is Right-Wrong is Wrong. The Wrong of taking a life must be made Right.
Good over Evil

AOL

#4 Jul 27, 2010
Where is the Justice?
Beth

Boone, NC

#5 Aug 17, 2010
The town should sue the family for putting up with any trash that goes to jail!!!
mcp

United States

#6 Apr 21, 2011
You should be ashamed I am a citizen who has never been in trouble with a decent paying job that pays taxes like everyone else and I firmly believe that there are plenty of innocent people in the county jail for no reason other than false assumptions made by the terrible law enforcement of this county. There job is to protect and serve not to pick, choose, and throw away so they can look like the town hero. In the mean time the citizens of this county are paying for there unjust decisions with our tax dollars. The county officials are dishonest, inhumane, unreasonable, and I am ashamed that we have to look up to them and trust the safety of our loved ones in there hands.
been there done that

Ozark, MO

#7 Jan 1, 2012
mcp wrote:
You should be ashamed I am a citizen who has never been in trouble with a decent paying job that pays taxes like everyone else and I firmly believe that there are plenty of innocent people in the county jail for no reason other than false assumptions made by the terrible law enforcement of this county. There job is to protect and serve not to pick, choose, and throw away so they can look like the town hero. In the mean time the citizens of this county are paying for there unjust decisions with our tax dollars. The county officials are dishonest, inhumane, unreasonable, and I am ashamed that we have to look up to them and trust the safety of our loved ones in there hands.
AMAN
Airman

Ozark, MO

#8 Mar 28, 2015
been there done that wrote:
<quoted text> AMAN
You too ?
The dude

United States

#9 Apr 4, 2015
I hope the family wins

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawsuit claims deputies used excessive force (Mar '09) May 26 exMississippi 8
News Mississippi AG shares downfalls of tax cuts May 24 Research 3
Was a dr in a wreck in westpoint May 20 Just curious 1
patrycja clark May 16 Superman 1
1960 (Mar '16) May 13 exMississippi 3
News Memorable milestone: NMMC Women's Hospital mark... May 7 Equal 2
News Legal group dings West Point hospital for possi... May 2 Not for Profit 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages