Lawsuit claims deputies used excessiv...

Lawsuit claims deputies used excessive force

There are 8 comments on the Commercial Dispatch story from Mar 12, 2009, titled Lawsuit claims deputies used excessive force. In it, Commercial Dispatch reports that:

Lowndes County Sheriff Butch Howard and several county deputies are being sued over a laundry list of complaints of police brutality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Commercial Dispatch.

not suprised

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2009
no not the so thay wouldent do that would thay was jeff harris drunk or sobber
tootie

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2009
sobber i guess
not suprised

Bartlesville, OK

#3 Apr 13, 2009
the tax payers of this county need to know of all the law suits that get filled on the lcso every year that are shut up by court order and than they might take a look at a new sheriff that wants to run a dpt that is less abusive to the men and women of this county in most traffic stops the first words out of the officers mouth is how much have you had to drink and the next is can we look in your car as there already inside your car and it dont mater if you say yes or no there going to do it any way to learn how to protect yourself check out flex your rights.com not every one in this county deals drugs and some dont like there cars trashed on fishing exppodisons by deputys that abusse there job but also there are some great hard woorking serve and protect minded officers that belive in doing the job the way the job should be done and i wish them a veary happy retierment and for the ones that take advatage of there job i hope that if you retire the things that you have done to inocent lives haunt you

“Stop those county boys”

Since: Dec 09

columbus,miss.

#4 Dec 19, 2009
I would like to know who to report the abuse to .It seems like they all work together or if you try to do anything about the abuse it makes things worse . My son is 18 and is an inmate at the lcso where he to has recently been abused ,injured and thrown in a hole for 30 days to heal before we the family could see any evidence of it. They won't take him to the doctors either. What do I do?
Beth

Boone, NC

#5 Aug 17, 2010
Keep up the good work deputys and wear these rednecks head out with the billy stick!!! That goes for the negros also. They invented crime!!!
jeff

Starkville, MS

#6 Mar 2, 2012
scared mum wrote:
I would like to know who to report the abuse to .It seems like they all work together or if you try to do anything about the abuse it makes things worse . My son is 18 and is an inmate at the lcso where he to has recently been abused ,injured and thrown in a hole for 30 days to heal before we the family could see any evidence of it. They won't take him to the doctors either. What do I do?
call jim wades office in tupelo thats what i did and got a end put to it watch out for jeff harris chad bell and ivan bryan there crooked cops that need to be in jail them self
beenthere

Oldfield, MO

#7 Oct 20, 2015
not suprised wrote:
the tax payers of this county need to know of all the law suits that get filled on the lcso every year that are shut up by court order and than they might take a look at a new sheriff that wants to run a dpt that is less abusive to the men and women of this county in most traffic stops the first words out of the officers mouth is how much have you had to drink and the next is can we look in your car as there already inside your car and it dont mater if you say yes or no there going to do it any way to learn how to protect yourself check out flex your rights.com not every one in this county deals drugs and some dont like there cars trashed on fishing exppodisons by deputys that abusse there job but also there are some great hard woorking serve and protect minded officers that belive in doing the job the way the job should be done and i wish them a veary happy retierment and for the ones that take advatage of there job i hope that if you retire the things that you have done to inocent lives haunt you
It was the same in 1960 CAFB Airmen was arrested on payday,, Sheriff took $50 of your money and let you go,, If you went to Court Put some Bucks in a post office Box,, I know I was a one who Paid,,
exMississippi

West Plains, MO

#8 May 26, 2017
scared mum wrote:
Hire a Honest Lawyer or do they Have one in Mississippi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comments 7 hr Think 1
Review: Plexus Slim by Sue Hollis (Oct '11) Jul 1 Jamie 478
Hannah baird Jun 24 Guest 1
News Mississippi man Felix Vail living link to myste... (Nov '12) Jun '17 Farty McSharty 6
News Mississippi AG shares downfalls of tax cuts May '17 Research 3
Was a dr in a wreck in westpoint May '17 Just curious 1
1960 (Mar '16) May '17 exMississippi 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages