the book "NOTORIOUS 92: Indianas most...

the book "NOTORIOUS 92: Indianas most henious murders in all 92 countys"

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“happily engaged”

Since: Apr 08

columbus, indiana

#1 Jul 29, 2009
i have been wanting to read this book for a while now.. i finally got to sit down and read some of it.. i mainly looked at this county and surrounding countys (the cases i had heard of) and it was a pretty good book.. however im disapointed that the writer only picked 1 case outta each county. for those of u that havent read it. the one he picked for bartholomew county was about jamie engelking and her kids and family friend.. but i can think of at least 2 more that shoulda made the book. chelesa porter's case shoulda been in there but i understand why it wasnt bc all the updates that i seen was up untill 2007(i think) so the book was prolly already done by the time that happend.. but the other one happend in early 90's and i dont know why he didnt have it in there.. it was a big case.. oh well. but if u are in to true crime books it is a good one to read (what i read of it anyway)
Knowitall9

Murray, KY

#2 Jul 30, 2009
What about the dead guy that was propped up at the stone pillars at Elizabethtown , back in the late '60's or early '70's ?? Story was in True Detective magazine ?? T-Bird getaway car - older bald man-2 younger guys -

“happily engaged”

columbus, indiana

#3 Jul 30, 2009
ohh i never heard about that one.. i know a few years back my aunt lives by grammar and they found a dead body on the edge of her property.. i never heard if they idenified her or not.. there a few that coulda made the book
Knowitall9

Murray, KY

#4 Jul 31, 2009
The body left by the cemetary in E'town was identified - I had a career criminal in my jail ('77-'78) that knew details that the magazine didn't - Solved or still open ??
Jimbo

Evansville, IN

#6 Aug 2, 2009
Which one from Jackson County got in? The freeway sniper shooting probably was to recent but a huge news story. The hanging mob deaths of most of the Reno gang has some nostalga. I'm sure some other more famous cases have occured over time.
Jimbo

Evansville, IN

#7 Aug 2, 2009
Just looked it up. The Colman murder made it. I was hopeing for some that were more strange, unusual, or nostalgic in content. Looks like many are connected to child murders in general though.

“happily engaged”

columbus, indiana

#9 Aug 3, 2009
i never heard about the one in e-town or the goins one.. will have to look that stuff up. (im a true crime buff) .. i can think of a few that shoulda been in there.. maybe they will write another book with more in there
Knowitall9

Murray, KY

#10 Aug 3, 2009
i know ev1 in columbus in wrote:
i never heard about the one in e-town or the goins one.. will have to look that stuff up.(im a true crime buff).. i can think of a few that shoulda been in there.. maybe they will write another book with more in there
The E'town deal was in the late '60's or early '70's - And , just for conversation , anyone recall a Sheriff or Deputy hitting a man riding a bicycle app. 35 - 40 years ago ?? Handle bars stuck in the car grille - Used to know the names but that's a lot of years ago -( somewhere around the 7-31 intersection)
JessicaHay

United States

#11 Apr 14, 2010
I read this book. I was Just release from Rockville. I was in prision with some of the women from the book. Looking at they made me think how could these women do all the thing the book said. It was crazy
Tammy-Franklin In

United States

#12 May 20, 2010
Henry Co- I have read the book many. My best Friend. I know what she did was wrong. I will always stand by her, because we all make the wrong choices.
Zenethia

United States

#13 Jan 6, 2012
My mom was also murdered in Columbus, Indiana. It was absolutely terrible! Undray Knihhten is getting away with murder. Charges should have not been dropped on him. People think bv he is in prison for drugs and assualt on an officer it makes it okay, but it truly doesn't! Pamela Carol McKee was and alwaud will be my Mommy, My friend and a wonderful person. My family has suffered greatly more than anyone will ever realize!!! Such a disgusting act committed just 3 years and 11 days after my 7 year old sister died in a tragic "accident" each crime is something that should be put in that book bc to the worlf she was just one person, but to a lot of people she was the world and I miss them terribly every day of my life!!!!!
raquel

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Mar 12, 2012
to Zenethia, I am so sorry for your loss sweet child...to lose your mother and sister both, is more tragedy than one person should have to suffer. I hope you have loving family around to build your spirits. as to the book, I will have to read.
SCOOTER

Kirkland, WA

#15 Mar 13, 2012
THE WES TICHENOR MURDER IN COLUMBUS IN THE 80's WAS PRETTY GRUESOME...
dana harmon

United States

#16 Jul 4, 2012
zenethia,
hey girl i hope ur doin ok. Yes i completely agree with u. That sob should not be gettin away w it just bc they mysteriously cant locate the key witnesses. Its bull babygirl (i know ur not a baby anymore) and we have been seperated for a LONG time. I dont care that hes servin all this other time, he should be sentenced to death and executed already! I aint liked him from the day sis pasted away. He was so wrong to aunt carol! I am here for ya girl. I hope your stayin strong thru all this. What has happened to ellen and aunt carol lives w me everyday. I miss u kids. I would love to see you guys. Ill look ya up on facebook.

“happily engaged”

columbus, indiana

#17 Jul 16, 2012
Zenethia I'm so sorry for ur losses of ur mom and sis... I lived in Cambridge when that happened to ur sis and I knew ur mom she was a great lady it's not right that sob isn't paying for what he did
Just wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2012
What about the girl from east high school that a guy killed in his moms house on gladstone ave by McDowell . He cut her up and put her in trash bags ... That happened in the 80's you never hear about that one or what happened to him. I belive his name was randy and her nick name or name was toni.
captianhowdy

Columbus, IN

#20 May 3, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
What about the girl from east high school that a guy killed in his moms house on gladstone ave by McDowell . He cut her up and put her in trash bags ... That happened in the 80's you never hear about that one or what happened to him. I belive his name was randy and her nick name or name was toni.
his name was randy perry her name was toni he didn't cut her up ut was his grandmothers house and it was on elm street he strangled her wit an extension cord then shoved broken 45 records in her and stuffed her in a wall. Her body started to smell and grandma asked about it so he put toni in a trash bag and dumped her in white river
Jamal

Hermitage, TN

#21 May 6, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
Her name was Rosa S. Spaugh.
WynonasBigBrownB eaver

Morristown, TN

#22 May 6, 2013
Does anyone have a used copy of the book for sale?
Eyes

Indianapolis, IN

#23 May 12, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
he is in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sat Bob 107
Jeanie Allen keyshia Flynn Doug brewer and father (Aug '15) Jan 16 B codys ex 15
shane wilson (Apr '16) Jan 16 Chris chapman 10
Felicia grider (Oct '15) Jan 13 Jesse Watts 9
Susie the hole at Faurecia Jan 11 Stamper 1
Just onetime Jan 10 Muscle man 2
Burton Family (Jun '17) Jan 9 no help 9

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages