Is Columbus a good place to live?
Bubble City

Roswell, GA

#3076 Nov 26, 2013
I agree with Respite about the great location, however most of the news that is reported is for propaganda purposes. Columbus citizens are being ripped off majorly and convinced that the "Old Money" families are doing them a favor.
The news did not tell the citizens about a serial killer killing homeless people by the river, however on the news was a female business owner closed down for giving a bride to be a Mimosa at her dress shop. Using the ole "Humiliate" women and beat them down motto. The police concentrate on the "Invisible War" against women in that town meanwhile allowing terrorists to thrive, serial killers to kill, and thieves never caught. There is no concern for the lives and safety of the citizens of Columbus. It is a town that thrives on the us against the world while the wealthy few steal from the citizens supporting the "Them".

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#3077 Nov 28, 2013
There is good and bad in any location I have zero doubt.

The Columbus-Phenix City area could be better, and worse.

That is all.
les paul crazy

Des Moines, IA

#3078 Dec 8, 2013
Columbus sucks. Cops r the stupidest mofo I have ever had to deal with. City council is bullshit. Sheriff department is a joke. Hospital admins are morons. Plenty of churches and chain restaurants.
The Hate City

Roswell, GA

#3079 Dec 9, 2013
Columbus's 1% wealthy absolutely HATE the other 99%. The biggest hate of all is for the Military and their families. IF you watch "Assassination on Wall Street", that movie describes the type of men that run that town. Lawyers and Wall Street or so called Southern Gentlemen are big time cowards that beat up men while they are down, women and girls through the use of the crooked police department. It is one sorry place to live per the U.S. soldiers and their families of the past, present and future. However it is great for the "Bullies" that call their selves the "Good Ole Boys"! They murdered a man that saved POWs from the Vietnam War error in the name of their kind of Christianity which is just about as perverted as the Catholic Priest that molest little boys.
Jethro Bodine

Fitzgerald, GA

#3080 Dec 9, 2013
If Will Dockery and the so calld Shadowville All Stars didn't residethere,it would be good for Columbus.
BottomLineIs

Columbus, GA

#3081 Dec 9, 2013
Look, just face it, the town is a hole in the Earth. It's like being trapped in the 7th circle of Hell. The town has the same mentality as the folks did since it's inception (racist bigots). Your 5 rich families absolutely abhor the under class, and walk around making the rules up as they go, the police force is doing the best they can as far as an underfunded department, while the city council, Mayor, and school board squander money like it's an artery bleeding out from under a tourniquet. You will see a rapid decline in population here, as everyone is now on a word of mouth basis on every social media outlet, warning people to stay away, lest they become victims of the ravenous idiots that run the show here.
Too Ugly

Roswell, GA

#3082 Dec 10, 2013
AFLAC, one of the largest companies in Columbus is very superficial. They believe in the "women should be seen and not heard" motto. Too put it nicely AFLAC is the "Ugly Duckling" of the insurance world that bases it's belief system on the same system Abercrombie and Fitch did until people started not buying from them for their discrimination against women over size 6. If the world new the "Ugly" on AFLAC, they would burn their policies and switch immediately to another company. Can you imagine a woman that purchases supplemental insurance, works 2 jobs, and wears a size 12 would be considered "Too Ugly for her Own Ideas" and passed up plus beaten down for not meeting AFLAC's unrealistic "Pretty, Sweet, Cute, Size 6, White Christian Little Lady Image" they so want women to fit in. Better yet, a soldier coming back from war scarred and missing limbs - definitely not an image for AFLAC. How sad is that that a company of such a highly educated stature would think that it has the monopoly to be so selective on looks alone to work there. They should be just as selective as to who buys that company's policies, as well. Take that Ugly Duck down and put up the Lion.
The Reality Is

Kansas City, MO

#3083 Dec 10, 2013
In reality you probably sucked at your job, your ideas were stupid and your personality was abrasive yet you think you are discriminated against because you are a fat woman.
You were "passed up" because you suck at what you do.

If the excuses you make for yourself help you to sleep at night then go for it but don't come here and bore us with your pathetic whining.
Too Ugly

Roswell, GA

#3085 Dec 10, 2013
The Reality Is wrote:
In reality you probably sucked at your job, your ideas were stupid and your personality was abrasive yet you think you are discriminated against because you are a fat woman.
If the excuses you make for yourself help you to sleep at night then go for it but don't come here and bore us with your pathetic whining.
This must be coming from one good looking man bored at night posting stupid responses such as this on this site. Your response to "The Ugly" is typical of the tiny little minds that rule Columbus, Georgia. Thank you for your response, it proves a point.
Business HR

Lawrenceville, GA

#3086 Dec 11, 2013
The Reality Is wrote:
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Anyone who will blanket an entire company with such silly claims is disgruntled.
Their boss or supervisor may have a problem but to say the entire company has a policy of discrimination is outrageous and libelous.
Many individuals who are able to group themselves into a minority cannot accept personal shortcomings because they have an easy excuse, ready made.
I don't know if that is the case here but judging by their comments I have to say a resounding yes.
Too Ugly

Roswell, GA

#3087 Dec 11, 2013
Business HR wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Anyone who will blanket an entire company with such silly claims is disgruntled.
Their boss or supervisor may have a problem but to say the entire company has a policy of discrimination is outrageous and libelous.
Many individuals who are able to group themselves into a minority cannot accept personal shortcomings because they have an easy excuse, ready made.
I don't know if that is the case here but judging by their comments I have to say a resounding yes.
In response to your very legal wordy response. I never even worked there or intended to. I know this because a relative of mine married into one of their top management's families. CFO-Wall Street Type is so superficial and concerned with the outer beauty that he has no idea how to look at the inner beauty. Besides in this country what people say to all this Legal Mumbo Jumbo is Freaking Sue Me I have already filed bankruptcy and you can't get blood from a turnip. LOL
Most of the female employees at AFLAC are too Ugly for their Own Ideas. AFLAC is the Ugly Duckling of the Insurance World.
Rocker

Midland, GA

#3088 Dec 12, 2013
Bankruptcy. Not manning up.
Righton

Columbus, GA

#3089 Dec 12, 2013
Here in good old Columbus, you have a Mayor and a Council squandering millions of dollars on unnecessary projects (except for what suits their own needs), a police force that focuses more on traffic tickets, than routine neighborhood patrols (again, the CCGs fault, based on up and down hiring), a higher unemployment level than what they lead you to believe. crime stats that far exceed the National average in almost every category, and a newspaper (if you can call it that) which prints stories of crime in three to four sentence spurts, incites racism to keep tensions high, and only allows comments from it's readers which either praise their writing, or are friends of the writers personally. All others are immediately erased.

Is Columbus a good place to live? You make the call.
WooHoo

Medina, OH

#3090 Dec 13, 2013
Fort Benning shrinking! The sh-- head Good Ole Boys finally get what they want. Close Fort Benning down and no more soldiers left for the Good Ole Boys to take a big crap on.

Columbus, GA

#3091 Dec 18, 2013
Jethro Bodine wrote:
If Will Dockery and the so calld Shadowville All Stars didn't residethere,it would be good for Columbus.
Hilarious... if I am the worst thing about the entire city of Columbus then... wow.
Raymond C Gourdon

Winston, GA

#3092 Dec 18, 2013
will. write some songs about st eom or some poems.
Witch Hunting

Roswell, GA

#3093 Dec 18, 2013
Aren't women being slandered and witch hunted by the PD? For example of one is the Dress Shop where the owner was arrested and her photo posted all over the news and paper for serving a mimosa to a bride to be. During that same time a serial killer is praying on the homeless and there is no news release for that. The PD is strictly in the pocket for the wealthy and their attitude is screw the other 99%! If you go to the Columbus PD the Chief looks a lot like Incognito, the football star that bullies black men and molests women with iron rods. Go Figure on this one.
Gabby

Los Angeles, CA

#3094 Dec 18, 2013
Business HR wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of the military are stationed here and bring along their wives.
Many come here expecting a city full of dumb southerners but find that their kids are below the area schools grade level, the wifey lacks the skills and the professionalism to work in the local businesses, dressing in jeans, tee shirt and tongue piercings to business meetings.
They expect the area to change for them not the other way around, they then lash out at the locals and complain when it is them who have the problem.
Its not all mind you, but enough to make it noticeable.
Military Towns

Roswell, GA

#3095 Dec 20, 2013
Military towns and local businesses are used to paying military spouses less than what they would pay for lifers or townspeople. I think if lifer's would leave Columbus and go to a big city like Atlanta, Birmingham, Jacksonville, or Nashville they would find that they have been living in a Matrix. Columbus and the citizens of Columbus are in a mind set of us against them. The top wealthy do this in conjunction with the help of the police doing things like China in the name of Jesus. A lot of people there are being spied on and ideas are being stolen. If anything is said or figured out the powers to be run that person out of town and collected surveillance is hung over their head. A right for privacy and freedom of speech some of the basic Constitutional rights are being highly infringed upon. There is list among the top male execs of companies, hospitals, universities, police department and etc that have women that are too ugly to promote on it. A lot of women are first discovered by their instructors in the schools there, intelligence is a threat so getting promoted there in various local entities is impossible unless the little lady meets certain physical attributes.

Columbus, GA

#3097 Dec 20, 2013
Raymond C Gourdon wrote:
will. write some songs about st eom or some poems.
I wrote and recorded four new songs Tuesday night with The Shadowville All-Stars, so 2014 is looking good already!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sally Brown band is good music also 18 hr General Zod 1
Sandy is talented....great singer 18 hr General Zod 1
Columbus Georgia known for great music talent 18 hr General Zod 1
Sandy is talented.... 18 hr General Zod 1
Victor do you have 18 hr General Zod 1
To Rocky 18 hr General Zod 1
Music scene very legitimate in Columbus Georgia 18 hr General Zod 1

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages