Is Columbus a good place to live?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2984 Mar 3, 2013
Evuh man Evuh sawng wrote:
That is an evil song, written by an evil man.
Booo!

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2986 Mar 3, 2013
Wihminz wrote:
All the womenz who hear this has to take UH NERVE PILL.
All of them?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Karen

Atlanta, GA

#2988 Mar 19, 2013
Redoubt wrote:
Wow, I am surprised at the negativity in some of the responses.
Rule of thumb: The grass is ALWAYS greener anywhere other than where you happen to be.
Columbus has its shortfalls, to be sure. Right now, there is an issue with a rising crime rate that probably goes back to the national economy. The city government has had its ups and downs and the local school board is a just little tyranical.
But compared to other cities of similar size, Columbus holds its own weight. There are improvements that could be made... but of Georgia's major cities, Columbus is probably the best if you are looking for a lower cost of living and a fairly good standard of the same.
One person's opinion? Not as bad as Atlanta for being crowded, or as bad as Savannah for racial strife, or as dirty as Augusta, or as congested as Macon.
Best wishes.
Columbus has the potential to be better with all the different people that has lived there or live there. But, the elitest few that own that town keep it down. The Good Ole Boys are a Mafia that network to keep it that way. The Police Department is Extremely Corrupt and it is one of the lowest paid Police Departments in the nation. I guess to keep bribery for the corrupted cops at a minimal ammount.
It is clear that it is now 2013 and it hasn't changed thus far and never will. The townspeople expect less out of the local government because that has been the conditioning. If someone is brave enough to stand up to any of that the rest tuck thier tales and run. For a military base town there is a lot of cowardace acts that go on. Maybe that is why Atlanta has the "Braves" and Columbus has the "Duck".
Karen

Atlanta, GA

#2989 Mar 19, 2013
Columbus has the potential to be better with all the different people that has lived there or live there. But, the elitest few that own that town keep it down. The Good Ole Boys are a Mafia that network to keep it that way. The Police Department is Extremely Corrupt and it is one of the lowest paid Police Departments in the nation. I guess to keep bribery for the corrupted cops at a minimal ammount.
It is clear that it is now 2013 and it hasn't changed thus far and never will. The townspeople expect less out of the local government because that has been the conditioning. If someone is brave enough to stand up to any of that the rest tuck thier tales and run. For a military base town there is a lot of cowardace acts that go on. Maybe that is why Atlanta has the "Braves" and Columbus has the "Duck".
lee york

United States

#2990 Mar 19, 2013
columbus is a great city. i will hold it up to any city our size. sounds like sour grapes. interstate 185 runs both ways

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2991 Mar 20, 2013
lee york wrote:
columbus is a great city. i will hold it up to any city our size. sounds like sour grapes. interstate 185 runs both ways
True, there is good and bad to any place, anyway where... and there is a lot that's good about the Columbus-Phenix City area.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Karen

Atlanta, GA

#2992 Mar 21, 2013
It is not sour grapes, it is the truth. However, the outer areas of Columbus isn't too bad. The areas in Harris County and West Point are nice. There are good people in Columbus who do not realize that they have been conditioned to expect soooo little out of the local government, schools, and judicial system. Most of the people that leave are the first ones to say the Grass is Really Greener on The Other Side. IT IS WHAT IT IS!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2994 Jul 21, 2013
FAMILY GUY wrote:
FAMILY GUY is filmed in Columbus Georgia. Dockery stars as HERBERT.
Well... I reckon I need to watch that show more often, or watch it closer... heh.

--
Music & Poetry of Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2995 Jul 21, 2013
GOLDEN MASK wrote:
Will also DONNED the GOLDEN CALIGULA MASK on stage with his wig and maternity shirt as he did his PRANCE DANCE at DOO NANNY'S. Did the guy in the VW van PROVIDE you with the shirt, wig and mask?
It was so DDDDOOO NANNY!
The Gold Masque of the Phantom of Shadowville...

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
The Devil Went Down To Ge

Atlanta, GA

#2996 Jul 21, 2013
Columbus has no side walks. The parks are poorly kept and designed. No dog parks, either. Columbus is designed on HATE. The police department skews the crime report. For a military town it is closed minded and there is a lot of "hate in the name of Jesus". If the Boston Bombing happened in Columbus the Police Department would have been completely clueless because there concern is to work at "The Invisible War" on Women. The dress shop Formal Elegance and others are being shut down by Women hating cops. What Cowards!!!!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#2997 Jul 22, 2013
Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company have announced a co-headline tour that takes the bands coast-to-coast for 12 dates. December in Smiths Station,...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2998 Jul 23, 2013
Big Time wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company have announced a co-headline tour that takes the bands coast-to-coast for 12 dates. December in Smiths Station,...
Where will this be, at Buck Wild Saloon?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2999 Jul 23, 2013
The Devil Went Down To Ge wrote:
Columbus has no side walks. The parks are poorly kept and designed. No dog parks, either. Columbus is designed on HATE. The police department skews the crime report. For a military town it is closed minded and there is a lot of "hate in the name of Jesus". If the Boston Bombing happened in Columbus the Police Department would have been completely clueless because there concern is to work at "The Invisible War" on Women. The dress shop Formal Elegance and others are being shut down by Women hating cops. What Cowards!!!!
True this is, I was talking to a crippled man in a wheelchair at the Library, and he was saying Columbus was actually in violation of Federal Law with the shoddy sidewalk systems.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#3000 Jul 23, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will this be, at Buck Wild Saloon?
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery



December in Smiths Station, oh no It will just be Christmas Time,
Columbus Pedestrian

Columbus, GA

#3001 Jul 26, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
True this is, I was talking to a crippled man in a wheelchair at the Library, and he was saying Columbus was actually in violation of Federal Law with the shoddy sidewalk systems.
All new sidewalks must meet the new ADA rules.
Old sidewalks do NOT have to be broken up and re-poured.
The heavy traffic residential area's do have sidewalks.

If you have a problem with Columbus and the way its run, how bad the streets have gotton, please thank Isaiah Hugley, our city manager. The worst Columbus has ever had.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#3002 Jul 26, 2013
Columbus Pedestrian wrote:
<quoted text>
All new sidewalks must meet the new ADA rules.
Old sidewalks do NOT have to be broken up and re-poured.
The heavy traffic residential area's do have sidewalks.
If you have a problem with Columbus and the way its run, how bad the streets have gotton, please thank Isaiah Hugley, our city manager. The worst Columbus has ever had.
The worst compared to who or what?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#3003 Jul 26, 2013
I cried because I had no Shoes,








Till I met a Man with no Feet,...
Statues

Columbus, GA

#3004 Jul 27, 2013
Why was there so much money wasted on the statues leading on to Fort Benning during a Recession? I believe the corrupted leaders in Columbus and the 5 wealthier than wealthy families so to speak have manipulated the lifers there that they can be "pied pipered" into anything. Are the citizens opinions in that town ever going to be heard?
Geoffrey

Columbus, GA

#3005 Jul 27, 2013
Statues wrote:
Why was there so much money wasted on the statues leading on to Fort Benning during a Recession? I believe the corrupted leaders in Columbus and the 5 wealthier than wealthy families so to speak have manipulated the lifers there that they can be "pied pipered" into anything. Are the citizens opinions in that town ever going to be heard?
That was paid for with Obama stimulus money.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#3006 Jul 27, 2013
Shows that obama does support our troops,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Wall Street Journal: America's newest commu... Fri Roehrenbecksux 8
News RYDC corrections officer fired after allegedly ... Fri Dell Gamble 1
News Jails have become costly psychiatric facilities Fri Dell Gamble 1
News Changes at the top of city government show tren... Wed Gabby 4
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) Sep 21 Honey 953
ambulance shortages. Sep 20 Gabby 2
News Gasoline outages in Columbus/Phenix City appear... Sep 19 The Fiend 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages