Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Slat Man wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I have wanted so much to get approval from you all here, LOL
Thanks pals
Well, a good story is a good story, y'know?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

___Lorri___ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember ever arguing with you Mr Dockery. We have disagreed.
Maybe you are confusing me with someone else?
Well, yeah, the "election year" debates get kind of strident, but I'm happy that things are looking good for "Our Little Town", as Paul Simon's song goes...

Happy New Year, and may it be the best one for you and yours yet, Lorri!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

josh green wrote:
The problem with Columbus is all these people from other places are moving here. We are losing our Southern identity as these people, who hate it here, try to make it like the shithole they came from.
Well, the influence of Fort Benning has always added to our unique character, just a slight bit of edge to our Southern style.
Karen

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

The most important thing to know about Columbus, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama is that it is not a Democracy. There is a network of very wealthy families that absolutely Do Not and Will Not allow change. The top regime do not give a damn about the soldiers and thier families. The military was put on this earth to die for them and them alone to protect their wealth. The police are more like the Mafia which is considered and termed The Good Ole Boys. If you are a female, this town is probably twice as dangerous as any large city like Atlanta, Austin, or New York. They cover up crime, Columbus is a Criminal's Dream Come True! The Higher Education Universities are saturated with the corrupt politicians that run the town. The network of keeping the town closed is through Troy University and Columbus State. For example, if your little girl is intelligent and gifted majoring in Business at Troy or CSU and you do not have the "Name" or "Money" to support her and protect her, she is in major danger of being raped or whatever to keep her down. The saturation of this is not just predominantly Military Women in "The Invisible war" depicted in that documentary. The "Invisible War" is on the towns people and no Lawyer or Policeman can fight the Good Ole Boy Regime that controls Columbus and Phenix City. The only thing anyone can do to survive their stay in Columbus is wear a cross, play dumb, and if someone violates your rights - just pray or pretend to pray. The large companies use the town's people for their Marketing by use of Survellience Equipment and the Police. So, that is how they are to pulverize small companies that may have potential of being successful with out of the approval of the Good Ole Boy Mafia. AFLAC has stolen most of its advertising. The AFLAC duck was sold out of a Counselor's Office. HIPPA in Columbus protects the Doctors not patients. Most of the discussion about some town's people are behind closed doors with the wealthy such as Doctors, Couselors, Lawyers, Judges and the top Executives and Officers. The regular townpeople not privy to all this but victim to this and in order to survive do what they can to be happy and bury the sadness of that town. The surrounding counties such as Harris County, Troup, and Counties in Alabama would be most appreciative of the tax payer support of moving to thier towns. Good People in Columbus, Horrible Local Government and Uncontrollable Corruption.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Karen wrote:
The most important thing to know about Columbus, Georgia and Phenix City, Alabama is that it is not a Democracy. There is a network of very wealthy families that absolutely Do Not and Will Not allow change. The top regime do not give a damn about the soldiers and thier families. The military was put on this earth to die for them and them alone to protect their wealth. The police are more like the Mafia which is considered and termed The Good Ole Boys. If you are a female, this town is probably twice as dangerous as any large city like Atlanta, Austin, or New York. They cover up crime, Columbus is a Criminal's Dream Come True! The Higher Education Universities are saturated with the corrupt politicians that run the town. The network of keeping the town closed is through Troy University and Columbus State. For example, if your little girl is intelligent and gifted majoring in Business at Troy or CSU and you do not have the "Name" or "Money" to support her and protect her, she is in major danger of being raped or whatever to keep her down. The saturation of this is not just predominantly Military Women in "The Invisible war" depicted in that documentary. The "Invisible War" is on the towns people and no Lawyer or Policeman can fight the Good Ole Boy Regime that controls Columbus and Phenix City. The only thing anyone can do to survive their stay in Columbus is wear a cross, play dumb, and if someone violates your rights - just pray or pretend to pray. The large companies use the town's people for their Marketing by use of Survellience Equipment and the Police. So, that is how they are to pulverize small companies that may have potential of being successful with out of the approval of the Good Ole Boy Mafia. AFLAC has stolen most of its advertising. The AFLAC duck was sold out of a Counselor's Office. HIPPA in Columbus protects the Doctors not patients. Most of the discussion about some town's people are behind closed doors with the wealthy such as Doctors, Couselors, Lawyers, Judges and the top Executives and Officers. The regular townpeople not privy to all this but victim to this and in order to survive do what they can to be happy and bury the sadness of that town. The surrounding counties such as Harris County, Troup, and Counties in Alabama would be most appreciative of the tax payer support of moving to thier towns. Good People in Columbus, Horrible Local Government and Uncontrollable Corruption.
Wow.

"Don't mince words, say what you really feel..." -William Shatner

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

What you wrote:
Say what you feel you advocate. Is that how you feel about women in your song TRUCK STOP WOMAN and others?
Well, thanks for the never ending plugs, my anonymous little friend... here's the song:

Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/Hv6u6GNe6Kk

Truck Stop Woman

Pulled into Auburn, Alabama,
It was raining of course.
All I seemed to contemplate besides the weather
What a shame to be divorced.
Truck stop woman waving sideways
She'll be in my dreams tonight.
Fifteen minutes of eternal love
Then she's back out of sight.

Rode past Buena Vista,
There was sand in the sky.
Plastic Jesus started trembling
Then I seen her with my eyes.
She'll light and warm my dreams tonight
Fifteen dollars worth of true love
Man that girl was out of sight.

Something about her was familiar
There was smoke in her eyes.

Back outside of Phenix City,
Pimps and their ilk all around.
Then it turned negative
When I seen her bouncing around.
Fifteen minutes of eternal love
Then she's back out of sight.

Fifteen dollars worth of true love
Man that girl was out of sight.
She's right back out of sight.

Words: Will Dockery
Music: Henry F. Conley

Truck Stop Woman written by Will Dockery & Henry Conley, from the CD Shadowville Speedway. 2009 Library of&#65279; Congress Registration Number / Date: PAu003501816 / 2008-09-23
Vocals: Will Dockery, Guitar: Henry Conley, Bass: Doug Conley, Flute: Gene Woolfolk, Jr. Drums: John Phillips.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Evuh man Evuh sawng wrote:
That is an evil song, written by an evil man.
Booo!

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Wihminz wrote:
All the womenz who hear this has to take UH NERVE PILL.
All of them?

--
Karen

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Redoubt wrote:
Wow, I am surprised at the negativity in some of the responses.
Rule of thumb: The grass is ALWAYS greener anywhere other than where you happen to be.
Columbus has its shortfalls, to be sure. Right now, there is an issue with a rising crime rate that probably goes back to the national economy. The city government has had its ups and downs and the local school board is a just little tyranical.
But compared to other cities of similar size, Columbus holds its own weight. There are improvements that could be made... but of Georgia's major cities, Columbus is probably the best if you are looking for a lower cost of living and a fairly good standard of the same.
One person's opinion? Not as bad as Atlanta for being crowded, or as bad as Savannah for racial strife, or as dirty as Augusta, or as congested as Macon.
Best wishes.
Columbus has the potential to be better with all the different people that has lived there or live there. But, the elitest few that own that town keep it down. The Good Ole Boys are a Mafia that network to keep it that way. The Police Department is Extremely Corrupt and it is one of the lowest paid Police Departments in the nation. I guess to keep bribery for the corrupted cops at a minimal ammount.
It is clear that it is now 2013 and it hasn't changed thus far and never will. The townspeople expect less out of the local government because that has been the conditioning. If someone is brave enough to stand up to any of that the rest tuck thier tales and run. For a military base town there is a lot of cowardace acts that go on. Maybe that is why Atlanta has the "Braves" and Columbus has the "Duck".
Karen

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Columbus has the potential to be better with all the different people that has lived there or live there. But, the elitest few that own that town keep it down. The Good Ole Boys are a Mafia that network to keep it that way. The Police Department is Extremely Corrupt and it is one of the lowest paid Police Departments in the nation. I guess to keep bribery for the corrupted cops at a minimal ammount.
It is clear that it is now 2013 and it hasn't changed thus far and never will. The townspeople expect less out of the local government because that has been the conditioning. If someone is brave enough to stand up to any of that the rest tuck thier tales and run. For a military base town there is a lot of cowardace acts that go on. Maybe that is why Atlanta has the "Braves" and Columbus has the "Duck".
lee york

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

columbus is a great city. i will hold it up to any city our size. sounds like sour grapes. interstate 185 runs both ways

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

lee york wrote:
columbus is a great city. i will hold it up to any city our size. sounds like sour grapes. interstate 185 runs both ways
True, there is good and bad to any place, anyway where... and there is a lot that's good about the Columbus-Phenix City area.

--
Karen

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

It is not sour grapes, it is the truth. However, the outer areas of Columbus isn't too bad. The areas in Harris County and West Point are nice. There are good people in Columbus who do not realize that they have been conditioned to expect soooo little out of the local government, schools, and judicial system. Most of the people that leave are the first ones to say the Grass is Really Greener on The Other Side. IT IS WHAT IT IS!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

FAMILY GUY wrote:
FAMILY GUY is filmed in Columbus Georgia. Dockery stars as HERBERT.
Well... I reckon I need to watch that show more often, or watch it closer... heh.

--
Music & Poetry of Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

GOLDEN MASK wrote:
Will also DONNED the GOLDEN CALIGULA MASK on stage with his wig and maternity shirt as he did his PRANCE DANCE at DOO NANNY'S. Did the guy in the VW van PROVIDE you with the shirt, wig and mask?
It was so DDDDOOO NANNY!
The Gold Masque of the Phantom of Shadowville...

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
The Devil Went Down To Ge

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Columbus has no side walks. The parks are poorly kept and designed. No dog parks, either. Columbus is designed on HATE. The police department skews the crime report. For a military town it is closed minded and there is a lot of "hate in the name of Jesus". If the Boston Bombing happened in Columbus the Police Department would have been completely clueless because there concern is to work at "The Invisible War" on Women. The dress shop Formal Elegance and others are being shut down by Women hating cops. What Cowards!!!!

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

If they see me talkin to you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company have announced a co-headline tour that takes the bands coast-to-coast for 12 dates. December in Smiths Station,...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Big Time wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company have announced a co-headline tour that takes the bands coast-to-coast for 12 dates. December in Smiths Station,...
Where will this be, at Buck Wild Saloon?

--

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

The Devil Went Down To Ge wrote:
Columbus has no side walks. The parks are poorly kept and designed. No dog parks, either. Columbus is designed on HATE. The police department skews the crime report. For a military town it is closed minded and there is a lot of "hate in the name of Jesus". If the Boston Bombing happened in Columbus the Police Department would have been completely clueless because there concern is to work at "The Invisible War" on Women. The dress shop Formal Elegance and others are being shut down by Women hating cops. What Cowards!!!!
True this is, I was talking to a crippled man in a wheelchair at the Library, and he was saying Columbus was actually in violation of Federal Law with the shoddy sidewalk systems.

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

If they see me talkin to you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Where will this be, at Buck Wild Saloon?
--

December in Smiths Station, oh no It will just be Christmas Time,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,901 - 2,920 of3,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 41 min silverfox 49,391
Murder suspect Vashon Walker gets $500,000 bond Tue JANICE 1
Who has the BEST pizza is Columbus? (Jan '13) Tue Columbus Insider 56
Fifty Years Ago Today, July 22, 1964 Tue Columbus Insider 1
Who is your favorite Columbus Topixer? (Jun '13) Mon Stanley 62
Is DooNanny really dead? Mon Stanley 137
Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) Mon Stanley 2,700
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••