Posted in the Columbus Forum

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1 Dec 19, 2012
SoHo Bar discussion moved here for easier access:
josh green wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been to SoHos on Open Mic once and it seemed to have a decent crowd, but they also have a great Monday night crowd, and I think it's just because it's 1) one of the few places open, and 2) they've been doing it for so long and offer Service Industry prices... so people in the service industry end up going there after work and wanting drinks.
Josh, I didn't realize you weren't too familiar with the SoHo schedules and audiences... and one reason why open mic does quite a bit better there than some other places I think has to do with in many ways as you say, SoHo has been running it for over a decade now, but also that Tripp Wrigley is a pretty good, engaing host, and Wendell the sound man puts a lot into making the performers sound as good as he can, rather than just turn it on and let it roll warts and all.

Now, I realize late that you may be unaware of the Thursday shows SoHo has been doing for a couple of years now, featuring local acts, Bibb City Ramblers, Sean Rox, Shadowville All-Stars, Oriental Jones, and even some strange avant-garde groups such as Echobeast, which I front with vocals, screams, poetry and even a little singing.

Echobeast is me and Bibb City Ramblers members, and assorted "art rockers" doing stuff even farther off the path than even our usual stuff, an aspect of what I enjoy in music both to listen to and perform. I like some surprises, to give listeners something different and to be surprised.

Here's a clip from the November 1st show we did at SoHo (Yes, it conflicts with the Tursday open mics at both Fountain City Coffee and Del Ranch, so it doesn't get as much promotion from these quarters as it really should, but hopefully that will change soon) in conjunction with the Spaceseed entourage:

Venus Star Ritual / Echobeast & Will Dockery
11-1-2012

"Gold mask replica, stars glitter in my muttonchops, echoing dreambeasts, nothing unreal exists." -Will Dockery

http://youtu.be/nOFI2uVSCAI

Echobeast: Brian Fowler, Dan Davidson, Gini Woolfolk-Davidson, Charles Fowler, Wildman Steve, Gabriel Holland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More 2 hr Will Dockery 1
Looking to breed male toy poodle (May '12) 2 hr Will Dockery 21
Who is your favorite Columbus Topixer? (Jun '13) 2 hr Will Dockery 68
Columbus nightlife: Who is playing where this w... (Sep '13) 2 hr Will Dockery 22
Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) 2 hr Will Dockery 2,716
Who Has The Best BBQ in Columbus? (Jan '13) 2 hr Will Dockery 56
SEGMENT: Pet of the Week - Emerson 2 hr Will Dockery 1
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]