Democrats to move Obama's big speech ...

Democrats to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor

There are 111 comments on the www.dailymail.co.uk story from Sep 5, 2012, titled Democrats to move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to 20,000-seater indoor . In it, www.dailymail.co.uk reports that:

Democrats WILL move Obama's big speech from 74,000-seater outdoor stadium to smaller indoor arena citing bad weather Democrats today announced that President Barack Obama's big speech on Thursday night will move from the vast Bank of America stadium to the much-smaller Time Warner indoor arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dailymail.co.uk.

“I Love Topix- Topix Loves Me”

Since: Feb 10

Dahlonega, GA

#51 Sep 8, 2012
All this silly idiotic talk about vampires, castles and other metaphors is ridiculous. I watched both conventions and was surprised that President Obama offered no new ideas to the problems this nation is suffering.
I read these boards and have found few arguments about Romney's plans that have any validity. It seems that people can vote for Romney who understands what this unprecedented spending has and still is doing to our economy or vote for Obama who seems happy with the current condition of this country.
I am a 24 year old woman and I am voting Romney.
Cat74

United States

#52 Sep 8, 2012
Thank you Leslie. Obviously you have the insight to see what we are up against. Obama simply dd not get the job done. Romney needs to try his plam now. I cannot believe the President said, "They tried their plan it didn't work, Our plan worked." Really, where did it work? 60% of our people think we are going in the wrong direction. 52% of our people are not better off then they were with President Bush. 88,000,000 of our workers are out of work. Gas is nearing $4. a gallon. Where, pray tell, is President Obama's plan working? Certainly not in my neighborhood. Life in his neighborhood gets worse every day. Yesterday they shot at a bus loaded with school children. Time for a change.

“New poetry book coming soon”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#53 Sep 9, 2012
Leslie_CC wrote:
All this silly idiotic talk about vampires, castles and other metaphors is ridiculous.
Things are so grim nowadays on almost every level, I say we should try to have a laugh as best we can...
August

Belleview, FL

#54 Sep 9, 2012
Leslie_CC wrote:
All this silly idiotic talk about vampires, castles and other metaphors is ridiculous. I watched both conventions and was surprised that President Obama offered no new ideas to the problems this nation is suffering.
I read these boards and have found few arguments about Romney's plans that have any validity. It seems that people can vote for Romney who understands what this unprecedented spending has and still is doing to our economy or vote for Obama who seems happy with the current condition of this country.
I am a 24 year old woman and I am voting Romney.
I agree. At the point I'd rather go with the unknown,'cause we all ready know what Obama has done and, more importantly, what he hasn't done.

Columbus, GA

#55 Sep 10, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. At the point I'd rather go with the unknown,'cause we all ready know what Obama has done and, more importantly, what he hasn't done.
That's the problem with candidates of all stripes though, is that no matter what they promise they'll do, what they actually become in office is mostly unknown to the voters.
August

Belleview, FL

#56 Sep 10, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem with candidates of all stripes though, is that no matter what they promise they'll do, what they actually become in office is mostly unknown to the voters.
True, that's why, and I can't stress this to everyone enough, it's not what the politician says, it's what he DOES.
Kinda like the health care bill, you don't know until you put it into action. How wonderful our political world is!

Columbus, GA

#57 Sep 10, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
True, that's why, and I can't stress this to everyone enough, it's not what the politician says, it's what he DOES.
Kinda like the health care bill, you don't know until you put it into action. How wonderful our political world is!
Sorry to say, the Health Care Bill is about the only thing Obama has managed to get done in four years, and we don't even know how well he got that right, or wrong, yet!
Cat74

United States

#58 Sep 10, 2012
By now someone has read it, and maybe the new President can save the best parts, and throw out the garbage. We need Healthcare reform, but we didn't need to gut the care we had before Nancy got hold of it.

Columbus, GA

#59 Sep 11, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
By now someone has read it, and maybe the new President can save the best parts, and throw out the garbage. We need Healthcare reform
The most recent quote from Romney that I found tonight, which might change because so far his opinion seems to change to some degree every day:

"Well of course I’m going to repeal Obamacare... Obamacare must be repealed –- in its entirety. It’s bad policy, it’s bad law, and frankly, a $2 trillion entitlement we don’t want and we certainly can’t afford. I have my own health care plan, and it does not require Obamacare to make our health care system work better. Obamacare is a disaster in my opinion, and has to be repealed entirely."

So, with Romney we start all over, but Romney does believe America needs a workable Health Care plan, just not Obama's.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#60 Sep 12, 2012
Just as Obama took parts of the Mass. healthcare reform, Romney can use parts of the Obama reform. Repeal the whole thing, and then rewrite it including some of whatever. It isn't rocket science. You don't need 2,200 pages. It isn't complicated.

Columbus, GA

#61 Sep 12, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Just as Obama took parts of the Mass. healthcare reform, Romney can use parts of the Obama reform. Repeal the whole thing, and then rewrite it including some of whatever. It isn't rocket science. You don't need 2,200 pages. It isn't complicated.
And the Mass. healthcare was the one Romney sponsored to begin with, right?

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#63 Sep 12, 2012
Romney/Ryan 2012

"Restoring Liberty - Honor the Constitution"
and 6 basic principles:
No more bailouts
Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
Stop raising our taxes
Repeal Obamacare
Cease out-of-control spending
Bring back American prosperity and jobs

Columbus, GA

#64 Sep 12, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
Romney/Ryan 2012
"Restoring Liberty - Honor the Constitution"
and 6 basic principles:
No more bailouts
Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
Stop raising our taxes
Repeal Obamacare
Cease out-of-control spending
Bring back American prosperity and jobs
True, that's all well and good, but promises such as this are a staple of campaigning, from at least Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter to the infamous George "Read my lips, no new taxes" Bush... we are well aware by now that these crooks, no matter what party, will say or do anything to get elected.

Then they just go head on and do whatever they're told for the next four years.

--
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Paradise Valley Arizona

#67 Sep 12, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
True, that's all well and good, but promises such as this are a staple of campaigning, from at least Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter to the infamous George "Read my lips, no new taxes" Bush... we are well aware by now that these crooks, no matter what party, will say or do anything to get elected.
Then they just go head on and do whatever they're told for the next four years.
--
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
So what about if the Obama gets 4 more?
Mr Jenkins

Smiths Station, AL

#69 Sep 13, 2012
This president is showing his true colors now by neglecting world events in which Americans have been murdered and continuing his reelection campaign unabated.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#70 Sep 13, 2012
Protesters Storm US Embassy in Yemen

Obama @ Vegas Fundraiser....what a great guy

Romney/Ryan 2012

Columbus, GA

#71 Sep 13, 2012
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not worry too much... Obama has already filled the electoral college. You might want to place a bet in Vegas!
Please let us know the next weather report. It is SO valuable!
And as we learned in 2000, no matter how many Americans vote for you, you better have that Electorial college thing covered or you will not "win".

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#72 Sep 13, 2012
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
Filled the electoral college? So if Florida goes to Romney the electoral college will cast their votes for Obama anyway?
Or are you looking at the polls and the maps the news media is selling you with?
The fact of this Topic is that Obama could not even garner half the capacity of that stadium in support.
He carried North Carolina in 2008, don't count on that in 2012.
I think you've mistaken me for another fact allergic, reality challenged voter! You could not be more confused!

Please view this short video. It explains my position.

&fe ature=related
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#73 Sep 13, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
And as we learned in 2000, no matter how many Americans vote for you, you better have that Electorial college thing covered or you will not "win".
--
http://electoral-vote.com/

Obama - 332
RobMe - 206
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#74 Sep 13, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
--
Music you may enjoy Will

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) 2 hr George John 3,752
Review: Live Music in Columbus Georgia 2 hr George John 174
News Ma Rainey Profile (Nov '11) 4 hr General Zod 17
News Herea s a timeline of Carson McCullersa life 4 hr General Zod 13
News City purchases former Club Majestic 4 years aft... 11 hr Enter Username 2
News Columbus activists prepare for Justice Day at t... 11 hr Mr Snyder 6
News Democrat Sanford Bishop says it is his a dutya ... 11 hr Mr Snyder 1

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance