Corporate Republic / America Say`s No

Corporate Republic / America Say`s No

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Kowita Native

Columbus, GA

#1 Nov 9, 2012
A corporate republic is a theoretical form of government. While retaining some semblance of republican government, a corporate republic would be run primarily like a business, involving a board of directors and executives. Utilities, including hospitals, schools, the military, and the police force, would be privatized. The social welfare function carried out by the state is instead carried out by corporations in the form of benefits to employees. Although corporate republics do not exist officially in the modern world, they are often used in works of fiction or political commentary as a warning of the perceived dangers of unbridled capitalism.
Malcolms disciple

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2012
President Obama should order US troops to seize control of all US corporations and bring all the corporate leaders to Washington in chains.
Only President Obama and his government can ensure we have what we need and are not victimized by the white mans greed through these corporations.
President Obama could then install people to run these corporations fairly and with equality of pay for ALL workers.
The times are changing and I thank GOD everyday for the wisdom and fairness of President Obama.
It's time to put the white man, and the evil he has wrought on people of color, at the bottom of society for a thousand years!
colgrad

Cartersville, GA

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Malcolms disciple wrote:
President Obama should order US troops to seize control of all US corporations and bring all the corporate leaders to Washington in chains.
Only President Obama and his government can ensure we have what we need and are not victimized by the white mans greed through these corporations.
President Obama could then install people to run these corporations fairly and with equality of pay for ALL workers.
The times are changing and I thank GOD everyday for the wisdom and fairness of President Obama.
It's time to put the white man, and the evil he has wrought on people of color, at the bottom of society for a thousand years!
Now please tell us that the white man is racist. Let Obama put people in charge. Like they did for the City of Atlanta. Like they did for the Atlanta Public School system. Like they did for the fulton county election process.
I can picture the entire USA sitting up on blocks like an LD Rado in the front yard of some meth head over in the "quarters."
Black Pride

Columbus, GA

#5 Nov 10, 2012
A big shift is under way...in just a few years the "quarters" and projects will be filled with white people while black people will be running everything and living in luxury. Amen! President Obama
A big shift is under way...America rejected the white man in this election, they know that our way is the true and just way, justice is here! Amen! President Obama
A big shift is under way... Blacks are becoming the movers and shakers in this country, we will lead this country and make it our own. Amen, President Obama!
colgrad

Cartersville, GA

#6 Nov 10, 2012
Black Pride wrote:
A big shift is under way...in just a few years the "quarters" and projects will be filled with white people while black people will be running everything and living in luxury. Amen! President Obama
A big shift is under way...America rejected the white man in this election, they know that our way is the true and just way, justice is here! Amen! President Obama
A big shift is under way... Blacks are becoming the movers and shakers in this country, we will lead this country and make it our own. Amen, President Obama!
Move a black boy in the luxury house and he'll tear it up within a month. They have trashed everything they ever owned. Ride out Buena Vista Road and you'll see what I mean.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Kowita Native wrote:
A corporate republic is a theoretical form of government. While retaining some semblance of republican government, a corporate republic would be run primarily like a business, involving a board of directors and executives. Utilities, including hospitals, schools, the military, and the police force, would be privatized. The social welfare function carried out by the state is instead carried out by corporations in the form of benefits to employees. Although corporate republics do not exist officially in the modern world, they are often used in works of fiction or political commentary as a warning of the perceived dangers of unbridled capitalism.
While a majority of Americans knew that they were voting against things like the seven listed below:

What do you think of the new post made elsewhere, "7 things Republicans must do"?

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/3358-7-thin...

Dear Republican Party:
1) Return to your fiscal conservative roots.
2) As true budget hawks, take the lead in two areas where the nation could save billions: military spending and prison reform.
3) Stop opposing the DREAM Act.
4) Stop talking about gay people.
5) While we're talking about people's sex lives, strike the words "contraception" or "rape" from your vocabulary.
6) Quit worrying about whether citizens can pass an English language exam.
7) Abandon the far-right moochers/parasite/takers paradigm.

Click the link for details...
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Yea, just look at what happened in Zimbabwa. Its farm production was more than what was needed so the country could export . Then the gov took the farms from white farmers , gave it to the natives and then there was mass starvation. You broke it so you fix it.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Obama Mama wrote:
Yea, just look at what happened in Zimbabwa. Its farm production was more than what was needed so the country could export . Then the gov took the farms from white farmers , gave it to the natives and then there was mass starvation. You broke it so you fix it.
Wow, didn't hear about that one... almost as bad as whet George Bush did with the thriving economy Bill Clinton left him, which as soon as he took office, Bush began tearing apart.

--
"Kaleidoscope" with guest artist Ricky Greer
http://youtu.be/Obpz5hEa-Vg
Stan the Man Staciak

Columbus, GA

#10 Nov 12, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, didn't hear about that one... almost as bad as whet George Bush did with the thriving economy Bill Clinton left him, which as soon as he took office, Bush began tearing apart.
--
"Kaleidoscope" with guest artist Ricky Greer
http://youtu.be/Obpz5hEa-Vg
Please tell what Bush did exactly to start to destroy the economy, from day one, that Clinton left him.
Links or sources? From 2000 to 2007 I thought the economy was pretty good, that's 7 years under Bush. I'm no Bush or Obama fan myself but I don't see much difference between the two.
Anyway, in 2 or 3 years from now, if the economy is still not any better, or worse, its still going to be Bush's fault, right?
I guess by this way of thinking Clinton's 8 years was the benefactor of the last term of Reagan and Bush#1 only term.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Stan the Man Staciak wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell what Bush did exactly to start to destroy the economy
Sure will, Stan.

That's actually one of my favorite topics, Stan, although I rarely find anyone who seems capable of discussing it intelligently and calmly... no offense, but intellect isn't exactly a Republican strong suit.

I've been writing about this for a few yars now, so rather than immediately repeat myself once again, since most Bush defenders tend to go away without responding once the facts begin to be exposed to daylight and modern times, here's mostly where it began, a run-down of what George Bush himself was left with, and the fact that he trashed all the progress made in the Clinton era.
Then we can take it from there:

https://groups.google.com/forum/... #!topic/alt.politics/DZqk6okjU D8

Exactly... that's how Obama came to be elected in the first place,
since in comparison with how Clinton left Bush and the way Bush
wrecked practically every bit of progress in eight years, the voters
decided they'd had enough of the Republican fiasco. Nobody, certainly
not Obama, ever claimed undoing the mess would be easy. Not at all...
Bush left a mess for the people who have to follow him to try to
fix... in this case, Obama. As a President George Bush was simply
inept, and he was too much of a stubborn dullard to think on his feet
and make changes in strategy when they were needed. "Mess" may not be
the proper word, maybe it is. I often notice these forgetful moments
when supporters of folks like Bush come up. I suppose I need to run
through a short reminder of how Bill Clinton left the situation (for
the popularly elected Al Gore, btw) and where things went during the
George Bush eight years...

1.) Economy: Good 2.) Wages: Up 3.)
Poverty: Down 4.) Unemployment: Down 5:) Housing: Up 6:) Crime: Down
7.) Stock Market: Up 8.) World: At Peace At the end of the Bush term
all the above eight points were pretty much at the opposite extreme...

Bush's "mess" does seem about right, after all. A fouled-up situation
like Bush left Obama will quite rightly take a number of years to set
right... and no one was under the delusion it would be an easy thing
to fix, the mess Bush made.-- Will Dockery 9-30-2011

--
Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/Hv6u6GNe6Kk
Stan the Man Staciak

Columbus, GA

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure will, Stan.
That's actually one of my favorite topics, Stan, although I rarely find anyone who seems capable of discussing it intelligently and calmly... no offense, but intellect isn't exactly a Republican strong suit.
I've been writing about this for a few yars now, so rather than immediately repeat myself once again, since most Bush defenders tend to go away without responding once the facts begin to be exposed to daylight and modern times, here's mostly where it began, a run-down of what George Bush himself was left with, and the fact that he trashed all the progress made in the Clinton era.
Then we can take it from there:
https://groups.google.com/forum/... #!topic/alt.politics/DZqk6okjU D8
Exactly... that's how Obama came to be elected in the first place,
since in comparison with how Clinton left Bush and the way Bush
wrecked practically every bit of progress in eight years, the voters
decided they'd had enough of the Republican fiasco. Nobody, certainly
not Obama, ever claimed undoing the mess would be easy. Not at all...
Bush left a mess for the people who have to follow him to try to
fix... in this case, Obama. As a President George Bush was simply
inept, and he was too much of a stubborn dullard to think on his feet
and make changes in strategy when they were needed. "Mess" may not be
the proper word, maybe it is. I often notice these forgetful moments
when supporters of folks like Bush come up. I suppose I need to run
through a short reminder of how Bill Clinton left the situation (for
the popularly elected Al Gore, btw) and where things went during the
George Bush eight years...
1.) Economy: Good 2.) Wages: Up 3.)
Poverty: Down 4.) Unemployment: Down 5:) Housing: Up 6:) Crime: Down
7.) Stock Market: Up 8.) World: At Peace At the end of the Bush term
all the above eight points were pretty much at the opposite extreme...
Bush's "mess" does seem about right, after all. A fouled-up situation
like Bush left Obama will quite rightly take a number of years to set
right... and no one was under the delusion it would be an easy thing
to fix, the mess Bush made.-- Will Dockery 9-30-2011
--
Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/Hv6u6GNe6Kk
Alot of words but you did not answer my question
Back in 2000 when Bush was elected what did he do or start to do to destroy the economy?
I hear many blame Bush for the way the economy is now but no one can really say what he did to cause it.
You could say the 9/11 attacks, We really didn't need to go to war over that, Congress approved both wars.
And we have seen that spending money we don't have is really not a problem, this previous election proves that.
So what did he do, Will Dockery??

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Stan the Man Staciak wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear many blame Bush for the way the economy is now but no one can really say what he did to cause it.
Okay, this article gives 5 reasons Americans think President George W. Bush is responsible for the state of todayís economy:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/14/4...

1. Deregulated Wall Street

2. Cut Taxes For The Wealthy

3. Ran Up A Tab On Two Wars

4. Left Homeowners In A Lurch

5. Weakened Workers

Click the link above if you still need more information on this, of course.
Mr Snyder

Shalimar, FL

#16 Nov 15, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure will, Stan.
That's actually one of my favorite topics, Stan, although I rarely find anyone who seems capable of discussing it intelligently and calmly... no offense, but intellect isn't exactly a Republican strong suit.
I've been writing about this for a few yars now, so rather than immediately repeat myself once again, since most Bush defenders tend to go away without responding once the facts begin to be exposed to daylight and modern times, here's mostly where it began, a run-down of what George Bush himself was left with, and the fact that he trashed all the progress made in the Clinton era.
Then we can take it from there:
https://groups.google.com/forum/... #!topic/alt.politics/DZqk6okjU D8
Exactly... that's how Obama came to be elected in the first place,
since in comparison with how Clinton left Bush and the way Bush
wrecked practically every bit of progress in eight years, the voters
decided they'd had enough of the Republican fiasco. Nobody, certainly
not Obama, ever claimed undoing the mess would be easy. Not at all...
Bush left a mess for the people who have to follow him to try to
fix... in this case, Obama. As a President George Bush was simply
inept, and he was too much of a stubborn dullard to think on his feet
and make changes in strategy when they were needed. "Mess" may not be
the proper word, maybe it is. I often notice these forgetful moments
when supporters of folks like Bush come up. I suppose I need to run
through a short reminder of how Bill Clinton left the situation (for
the popularly elected Al Gore, btw) and where things went during the
George Bush eight years...
1.) Economy: Good 2.) Wages: Up 3.)
Poverty: Down 4.) Unemployment: Down 5:) Housing: Up 6:) Crime: Down
7.) Stock Market: Up 8.) World: At Peace At the end of the Bush term
all the above eight points were pretty much at the opposite extreme...
Bush's "mess" does seem about right, after all. A fouled-up situation
like Bush left Obama will quite rightly take a number of years to set
right... and no one was under the delusion it would be an easy thing
to fix, the mess Bush made.-- Will Dockery 9-30-2011
--
Truck Stop Woman / Will Dockery & Henry Conley:
http://youtu.be/Hv6u6GNe6Kk
Exactly...Right-on Will!
Stanley

Columbus, GA

#18 Nov 16, 2012
You people are the problem, more worried about who to blame. Guess what? Both sides are to blame and its going to take Republican cuts to defense AND Democrat cuts to social and entitlement programs to get us out of this situation.
Imagine this, we are in a boat heading for a huge waterfall, yet the two people in the boat(Democrats and Republicans) who could row us away are too busy arguing who's right and who's wrong, who's fault is this and who's fault is that as we get closer and closer to the edge.

People like YOU are the PROBLEM!

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#19 Nov 17, 2012
colgrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Now please tell us that the white man is racist. Let Obama put people in charge. Like they did for the City of Atlanta. Like they did for the Atlanta Public School system. Like they did for the fulton county election process.
I can picture the entire USA sitting up on blocks like an LD Rado in the front yard of some meth head over in the "quarters."

. A recent report revealed that Grady might have to close at the end of the year if they don't get a 100 million dollars needed to pay off bills. The hospital is strapped for cash and has cut jobs and cut programs in an attempt to stay functional. It's puzzling that in the midst of an economically robust city like Atlanta the pulse of the city is struggling for continued existence.,

A county school system in metropolitan Atlanta on Thursday became the nationís first in nearly 40 years to lose its accreditation, and the governor removed four of its school board members for ethics violations.


The tap water was so dark in Atlanta some days this summer that Meg Evans
couldn't see the bottom of the tub when she filled the bath. Elsewhere in her
neighborhood, Gregg Goldenberg puts his infant daughter, Kasey, to bed
unbathed rather than lower her into a brew "the color of iced tea." Tom
Crowley is gratified that the Publix supermarket seems to be keeping extra
bottled water on hand; his housekeeper frequently leaves notes saying,
"Don't drink from the faucet today." All try to keep tuned to local radio, TV,
or the neighborhood Web site to catch "boil water" advisories, four of which
have been issued in the city since May to protect against pathogens. "We've
gotten to the point where I'm thinking this is just normal," Evans says. "It's
normal to wake up and take a bath in dirty water."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Live Music in Columbus Georgia (Dec '16) 1 hr Victor Hugo 1,823
Poll Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) 1 hr Victor Hugo 6,172
News Marina Dunbar tackles a Art with the Masters,a ... (Oct '16) 4 hr Victor Hugo 27
Word Association (May '15) 8 hr Kelly 1,296
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 9 hr Kelly 1,941
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 13 hr Victor Hugo 104
News a Oh, man. All hell broke loose,a witness says ... 19 hr Victor Hugo 208

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages