As Election Day nears, Romney crowds are surging

Oct 13, 2012 | Posted by: Jim R Pickens | Full story: hosted.ap.org

Look to dusty Iowa cornfields, rain-soaked Virginia parks, the muddy fields of the Shelby County Fairgrounds, where a crowd of 9,500 - almost half of this western Ohio town - gathered among the barns and stables on a frigid October evening this week to glimpse the Republican presidential contender.

Comments
1 - 20 of 113 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

2

As the election draws near, and each candidate is compared side by side, Obama comes out lacking in every category.
Undecided voters and independents are choosing Romney and Obama appears more desperate with each passing day.

Since: Nov 11

Pine Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I saw an Obama commercial tonight with him criticizing Romney for his tax plan and I thought, WTF, aren't we still under the "Bush Tax Cuts"?(They expire Jan 1 2013) Obama has no plan or at least hasn't had one for his first four years.
Get your own plan bubba, before you critique others.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Well people, I don't give a ratsazz about politics but there is no way in hell I am going to vote for that idiot Obama, nuff said

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Deasel Withershins wrote:
Obama has no plan or at least hasn't had one for his first four years.
I have to agree, Obama just seems overwhelmed by the task of POTUS.
Smith Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Even democrats such as myself are disillusioned with Obama, he should have never been the Democratic nominee four years ago much less president.
Unbelievable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree, Obama just seems overwhelmed by the task of POTUS.
It's cutting into his golf & party time.
lol

Springfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 15, 2012
 
I think the same person just posted six times lol

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

lol wrote:
I think the same person just posted six times lol
No, believe me, we are very different people who don't very often agree... on the obvious fact that Obama just doesn't seem to be cut out for the job of President, Obama has left us no choice but to agree.
Smith Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I think many do not understand that when Jim Pickens posts a political article on the Columbus Georgia Topix it is nationwide, but the comments usually all are from local people so I guess it looks like we are all the same.
John

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This Obama guy sure has taken the Dems down to the cellar. Everything Obama touches turns to crap. Hillary has ruined her career and her legacy is stained forever. No way she will ever win 2016 now. Wuhooo!
Obama is going to loose severely in a fog of scandal, lies, deception, cronyism, and Bidenisms. It has been a joy to watch as they tumble off 'The Mountaintop" and down the hill. Let my people go!will turn to-'Free At Last'. Run Mit run.
Druid Hills Commando

Valley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I couldn't believe it when Hillary took full responsibility for the Libya fiasco, I figured out of the entire Obama administration she would be the one who would show accountability.
Too bad this has probably ruined any chance at any future political aspirations she may have had.
I guess after Obama the democrats will have to rebuild the party.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 16, 2012
 
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
I think many do not understand that when Jim Pickens posts a political article on the Columbus Georgia Topix it is nationwide, but the comments usually all are from local people so I guess it looks like we are all the same.
We all type with the Southern Twang no matter what opinion we're giving, I reckon... heh.

Here's me, of course... the one and only, as if anyone needed two:

Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 16, 2012
 
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
I couldn't believe it when Hillary took full responsibility for the Libya fiasco, I figured out of the entire Obama administration she would be the one who would show accountability.
Too bad this has probably ruined any chance at any future political aspirations she may have had.
I guess after Obama the democrats will have to rebuild the party.
I thought it showed bravery that the rest of that "team" seems to lack, a bit like Truman and his "The buck stops here."

And I'm reminded, Hillary tried to warn us four years that Obama just wasn't ready or suitable for the job.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 16, 2012
 
John wrote:
Obama is going to loose severely in a fog of scandal, lies, deception, cronyism
No, too early to call that... I'll remind you that with all of that and more, Richard Nixon still won the 1972 race in a landslide.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 16, 2012
 
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
It's cutting into his golf & party time.
And look at Clinton, with all his cigars and BJs he still managed to get the trains running on time.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Frank

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What many fail to see is that Columbus is a democrat majority city and we are not behind Obama this time. If we are any indicator of how the election is going to go nationwide it will be a dismal night for Barack.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 16, 2012
 
Frank wrote:
What many fail to see is that Columbus is a democrat majority city and we are not behind Obama this time.
That's true, Columbus has voted overwhelmingly Democrat since the FDR era, I think my Columbus College history teacher used to point out... but is it true, has the Democratic base here really turned on Obama?

I haven't seen those figures anywhere yet.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Frank

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 16, 2012
 
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, Columbus has voted overwhelmingly Democrat since the FDR era, I think my Columbus College history teacher used to point out... but is it true, has the Democratic base here really turned on Obama?
I haven't seen those figures anywhere yet.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Not much local polling done here Will, just going by those I know and the general feel from the Ledger.
Of course with Columbus being racially about 50/50 and with the black voters 99.9% voting for Obama I am sure Obama will most likely win Columbus.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 16, 2012
 
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much local polling done here Will, just going by those I know and the general feel from the Ledger.
Of course with Columbus being racially about 50/50 and with the black voters 99.9% voting for Obama I am sure Obama will most likely win Columbus.
Well, just on my street alone I can count half a dozen Romney-Ryan signs... zero Obama.

And my street is a mixture of races and lifestyles.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
CBOW

Dover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 16, 2012
 
Based on these posts, I see an enlightened group of Americans and it gives me hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min ChicknButt 52,072
Is DooNanny really dead? (Feb '14) 15 hr Columbus Insider 145
Crime in Columbus 15 hr Columbus Insider 23
Excessive force? CSU shooting will be judged by... 15 hr Columbus Insider 14
1964: County requests road across dam Mon Will Dockery 1
Obama's Answer Sun Anonymous 4
Obama: 'Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 ye... (Jul '13) Aug 16 Hank 711
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••