First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John Richardson

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 14, 2013
Some friends and I are coming to Columbus to whitewater raft Saturday and will stay until Sunday night.
What's there to do in Columbus and where should we go, we are in our 40's.
I've listened to some of the music posted here and do not like that kind of stuff or atmosphere. Thanks in advance.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2 Jun 14, 2013
John Richardson wrote:
Some friends and I are coming to Columbus to whitewater raft Saturday and will stay until Sunday night.
I've listened to some of the music posted here and do not like that kind of stuff or atmosphere. Thanks in advance.
The new Superman movie opens this weekend, that's where millions of us will be.

Also Star Trek is still showing, worth seeing as many times as possible.

Since: Dec 12

Fort Benning, GA

#3 Jun 14, 2013
John Richardson wrote:
That's not all of the music we have to offer. The Great Affairs from Nashville, TN will be at The Loft, which is downtown, Saturday night.. youtu.be/dbTPhulIj_I

Before they go on at 10pm, The Loft hosts an 8pm comedy show that's usually pretty good.

Other options downtown (where I'm assuming you'll be since that's where the whitewater rafting is) include numerous clubs, bar's, and restaurants. The Living Room is a rooftop bar on Broadway I enjoy lounging at if the weather is nice. Rafters or Mix if you enjoy dancing. Belloo's is great cigar & martini bar (that's not very smokey, surprisingly).

The Cannon Brew Pub is always a nice stop. There might be a show to see at The Springer Opera House or The RiverCenter. Fishing off of the RiverWalk at night. Renting a bike from Ride On Bikes and riding the RiverWalk,

Going towards Ft. Benning and checking out the National Infantry Museum is pretty fun. Their exhibits are set up really nice.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
josh_green wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not all of the music we have to offer.
I didn't see any music offered for this weeked by anyone yet, but I'll take a look and see what alternatives to the same old Broadway fare we have, as the real action is now a little off the downtown path, such as SoHo, Mama's Pub, Del Ranch and Buck Wild Saloon, to name several of the better music venues in town, that move beyond the Broadway rut...

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#5 Jun 14, 2013
John Richardson wrote:
I've listened to some of the music posted here and do not like that kind of stuff or atmosphere.
The real question here is what kind of music are you looking for?

For Rock-N-Roll, SoHo is your best bet, or Chaos on Broadway... and possibly Mama's Pub, out Veteran's Parkway.

For Country-Western music, Buck Wild and Del Ranch over on the Alabama side would be your best bets.

Jazz, Soul and other genres?

I did read Kool And The Gang were supposed to be performing at Cooper Creek Park on Saturday.

So, all of it is simply a matter of taste, what you want in music.

--
John Richardson

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jun 14, 2013
josh_green wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not all of the music we have to offer. The Great Affairs from Nashville, TN will be at The Loft, which is downtown, Saturday night.. youtu.be/dbTPhulIj_I
Before they go on at 10pm, The Loft hosts an 8pm comedy show that's usually pretty good.
Other options downtown (where I'm assuming you'll be since that's where the whitewater rafting is) include numerous clubs, bar's, and restaurants. The Living Room is a rooftop bar on Broadway I enjoy lounging at if the weather is nice. Rafters or Mix if you enjoy dancing. Belloo's is great cigar & martini bar (that's not very smokey, surprisingly).
The Cannon Brew Pub is always a nice stop. There might be a show to see at The Springer Opera House or The RiverCenter. Fishing off of the RiverWalk at night. Renting a bike from Ride On Bikes and riding the RiverWalk,
Going towards Ft. Benning and checking out the National Infantry Museum is pretty fun. Their exhibits are set up really nice.
There is usually one person on Topix who will answer questions with no sideshows and you are it, thank you sir.
A live comedy show sounds fantastic and we had already planned for dinner at the Cannon.
Thank you again.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#7 Jun 14, 2013
John Richardson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is usually one person on Topix who will answer questions with no sideshows and you are it, thank you sir.
A live comedy show sounds fantastic and we had already planned for dinner at the Cannon.
Thank you again.
Still curious about what genre of music you are into... I woukd wager Josh would be interested in that answer, as well.
Truth Guy

Columbus, GA

#8 Jun 14, 2013
He obviously wants to see comedy, maybe he should go hear you play...ROFLMAO

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#9 Jun 14, 2013
Truth Guy wrote:
He obviously wants to see comedy, maybe he should go hear you play...ROFLMAO
Well it is a given, and part of the vision, that there's various elements in humor in The Shadowville All-Stars catalogue.

--
Druid Hills Commando

Lawrenceville, GA

#10 Jun 15, 2013
I was hoping we were going to get to come down to Columbus this weekend to do the whitewater course but work prevailed.
I wonder if any events are planned around the 4th of July with the whitewater course? I probably will get down their then and I am looking forward to an Golden's Ale and Tiger Burger from the Cannon.
Maybe 2 or 3 Golden's Ales.
Haven't seen as much as I thought Iwould on the whitewater here on the Columbus Topix.

Fort Benning, GA

#11 Jun 15, 2013
I'm scared to do it, to be honest. I'm going to wait a while.. if no one dies, I'll do it next year (or maybe towards the end of Summer if I get bored one day).

Being a military town, there's usually things planned for the 4th. I haven't heard mention yet, but usually their's a fair of sorts called "Thunder On The Hooch" right along the river with a big fireworks show closing out the night.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#12 Jun 15, 2013
josh_green wrote:
I'm scared to do it, to be honest. I'm going to wait a while.. if no one dies, I'll do it next year (or maybe towards the end of Summer if I get bored one day).
Being a military town, there's usually things planned for the 4th. I haven't heard mention yet, but usually their's a fair of sorts called "Thunder On The Hooch" right along the river with a big fireworks show closing out the night.
The spoken word idea?

Definitely you need to be ready, but I'd look forward to it when the time comes, Josh.

--
"Silver Blazing Sun" / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ot-RTkMkQJo

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#13 Jun 15, 2013
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
I was hoping we were going to get to come down to Columbus this weekend to do the whitewater course but work prevailed.
I wonder if any events are planned around the 4th of July with the whitewater course? I probably will get down their then and I am looking forward to an Golden's Ale and Tiger Burger from the Cannon.
Maybe 2 or 3 Golden's Ales.
Haven't seen as much as I thought Iwould on the whitewater here on the Columbus Topix.
There's never a shortage of July 4th events... come on down!

--

Fort Benning, GA

#14 Jun 15, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
The spoken word idea?
Definitely you need to be ready, but I'd look forward to it when the time comes, Josh.
The white water rafting course. I've never been at a loss of words. ;)

I think I'll still be out of town come your show, though. I'm leaving Tuesday with my girlfriend and the kids for family vacation and then heading up to Nashville when we get back.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#15 Jun 15, 2013
josh_green wrote:
<quoted text>
The white water rafting course. I've never been at a loss of words. ;)
I think I'll still be out of town come your show, though. I'm leaving Tuesday with my girlfriend and the kids for family vacation and then heading up to Nashville when we get back.
There's also Mama's Pub shows coming up, and hopefully a few others this Summer. Just riding the waves while they're here...

Come on out and say hello to Pepper!

--

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#17 Jun 20, 2013
Thats Yucky wrote:
Ask Josh only for WHOLESOME venues and places to go. Josh is a clean decent person. Well known, valued and respected as an upstanding proponent of UPTOWN revitalization. Josh is a straight by the book citizen. Good. And everyone speaks of Josh in HIGH REGARD.
Agreed, Josh Green's a level headed part of the Broadway scene, and when on Broadway the iconic and historic Loft is a must-visit for tourists.

--

“I see you”

Since: Oct 10

CSU

#18 Jul 20, 2013
This is the eternal question in Columbus.
There may be plenty to do but 80% of it is graded D-
(Less than average).
We have period of good stuff followed by loooooooooooooooooooooong stretches of blah blah blah.
So goes life in Columbus Georgia.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#19 Jul 20, 2013
John Richardson wrote:
And for a great example of the talent in the Columbus-Phenix City music scene tonight, check out the local favorites Bibb City Ramblers at The Loft tonight.

Bibb City Ramblers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RusticViewer07/vi...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#20 Jul 20, 2013
___Lorri___ wrote:
So goes life in Columbus Georgia.
This is one of the good Saturdays in Columbus, though, Lorri, as one of the best of the local music scene are playing downtown.

For a great example of the talent in the Columbus-Phenix City music scene tonight, check out the local favorites Bibb City Ramblers at The Loft tonight.

Bibb City Ramblers:

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#21 Jul 20, 2013
And as "josh_green" pointed out earlier:

So, check out the Bibb City Ramblers at The Loft, and maybe take a stroll down Broadway for a wealth of entertainment and fine drinking and dining...

And for a great example of the talent in the Columbus-Phenix City music scene tonight, check out the local favorites Bibb City Ramblers at The Loft tonight.

Bibb City Ramblers:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 2 hr GEORGIA 827
News Columbus driving has its quirks Thu Trevor 4
Mayors tattoos Thu Anonymous 4
Word Association (May '15) May 25 Will Dockery 411
Obama's Dystopian Society May 20 Anonymous 3
Is Columbus a good place to live? (Sep '08) May 20 Isabelle 3,162
News Asheville Art Talk: Matt Tommey, not A typical ... May 19 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages