Is the Columbus music scene legitimate

Created by I Love Music on Jul 8, 2012

13,279 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, its varied and alive

No, its dead, not much talent in these parts

Druid Hills Commando

Anniston, AL

#1946 Mar 10, 2013
I read your poem/ song Truck Stop Woman aloud tonight to all my guests at my home in Druid Hills Atlanta.
It was very comedic and roused much laughter, have you considered being a comedic songster like Weird Al, maybe you are more suited for this avenue in the music world.
I bet you have a very hard time with people taking you seriously.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1947 Mar 10, 2013
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
I read your poem/ song Truck Stop Woman aloud tonight to all my guests at my home in Druid Hills Atlanta.
It was very comedic and roused much laughter, have you considered being a comedic songster like Weird Al, maybe you are more suited for this avenue in the music world.
I bet you have a very hard time with people taking you seriously.
Well, Country music has a lot of roots in humor, thanks for giving it a performance, my friend!

--
Swamp Street Exile (Stopwatch)/ Will Dockery & Rusty Wood:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_116...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1949 Mar 11, 2013
Country Disguise wrote:
He keeps calling it a typical country song. But it is not. It describes the prostitution and sexual abuse of a woman like that is cute, or sport.
You don't know much about Country music, do you?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1950 Mar 11, 2013
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
I would agree that when Will uses Topix to "share" his or his friends music or musical event he is setting himself up for ridicule. Maybe not because the quality of the musicians but because Topix is not really the place for that, most people get on here to complain about whatever and to attack that which they hate.
I could start a post about some new movie I watched and liked and 9 out of 10 would say they hated it and I'm a idiot for posting, that's just the way it is.
Will, you seem like a nice guy but you are unrealistic if you think you can post what you do and get nice replies
You get right to it here, Commando, and worth repeating.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1951 Mar 12, 2013
For those unfamilar with the music scene in Columbus-Phenix City then and now, the scene is also thriving with talent of every variety:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RusticViewer07/vi...

These videos can be viewed by Phenix City residents on East Alabama Cable-TV channel 7 throughout the days and nights.

Follow the link above for a good representative overview of the local Columbus-Phenix City music scene with videos from local talent both young and old.

--
Under The Radar / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1953 Mar 12, 2013
Reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
A voice of sanity among blanketed posts from an odd person claiming Columbus Georgia has a music scene when the music he/she posts proves otherwise.
They say insane people will pull out their hair and fingernails all the while claiming it does not hurt, that's what we got here:
He/she posts videos to prove there is a music scene yet the videos they post prove there isn't.
Insanity
This comment pretty much nails the negative bia of most Topix.com regulars, actually:
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
I would agree that when Will uses Topix to "share" his or his friends music or musical event he is setting himself up for ridicule. Maybe not because the quality of the musicians but because Topix is not really the place for that, most people get on here to complain about whatever and to attack that which they hate.
I could start a post about some new movie I watched and liked and 9 out of 10 would say they hated it and I'm a idiot for posting, that's just the way it is.
Will, you seem like a nice guy but you are unrealistic if you think you can post what you do and get nice replies
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1954 Mar 14, 2013
Well, you said it best long ago, Commando, the Topix.com crowd is just of a naturally negative, "do nothing" bent:
Druid Hills Commando wrote:
I would agree that when Will uses Topix to "share" his or his friends music or musical event he is setting himself up for ridicule. Maybe not because the quality of the musicians but because Topix is not really the place for that, most people get on here to complain about whatever and to attack that which they hate.
I could start a post about some new movie I watched and liked and 9 out of 10 would say they hated it and I'm a idiot for posting, that's just the way it is.
Will, you seem like a nice guy but you are unrealistic if you think you can post what you do and get nice replies
The fact that despite all that negativity and worthlessness, we /still/ have 2000 "Yes" votes in favor of the Columbus-Phenix City music scene, and getting more votes every day.

I find that a significant positive force... indeed.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Since: Dec 12

Valley, AL

#1955 Mar 15, 2013
Having artists in an area does not constitute a scene.

Yet there is a scene here. The artists promoted heavily here, like The Conley Brothers which every regular on this board is familiar with at this point, are part of a real scene. All of those artists help and support one another. They come and cheer on each other at the various open mics. They put each other on their cable access show. They created their own little festival and support each other (as well as The House of Heroes) there. They help each other in the recording of each other's material and then buy each other's music. It is 100% a scene, albeit an incestuous one that doesn't really leave their circle.

But the question asked is, "Is the Columbus music scene LEGITIMATE?"

My vote now, as much as I hate it, is _NO_.

This is not saying you should not check out the local artists promoted and especially those who aren't. This is just a statement of the legitimacy of the "scene".

There are talented artists in this area, but the scene mentioned above is not a legitimate one. None of those artists are trying to be a professional musicians (scratch that, a couple may be trying.. but it's not going to happen). Hobbyists, with no real shot or end goal, are not capable of creating a legitimate scene. They might not like being called hobbyists but it's true. A couple of years ago, the Live Nation talent buyer in Atlanta said his pet peeve was someone calling themselves a musician but they're actually a waiter or cook or whatever. To paraphrase the quote, "If you're in a band but pay your bills by being a cook, you're a cook. A musician is a professional who gets paid."

I was watching PJ20 again the other night (Pearl Jam documentary). Seattle had a legitimate scene. Young, talented bands who had legitimate shots at "making it" and most importantly, were actually trying to make music professionally, who were all supportive and helping of each other. That's a scene. Old guys having pickathons is not -- no matter how many cable access tv shows they're on. Seattle's scene got lucky and several of those bands "made it", but the scene was legitimate long before and long after any band got signed by a major label. This has existed (and I'm sure continues to exist) in other places as well, but not here in Columbus. Not in a legitimate fashion anyways.

Cover bands sharing musicians don't count, either.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1956 Mar 15, 2013
josh_green wrote:
Having artists in an area does not constitute a scene.
Yet there is a scene here. The artists promoted heavily here, like The Conley Brothers which every regular on this board is familiar with at this point, are part of a real scene. All of those artists help and support one another. They come and cheer on each other at the various open mics. They put each other on their cable access show. They created their own little festival and support each other (as well as The House of Heroes) there. They help each other in the recording of each other's material and then buy each other's music. It is 100% a scene, albeit an incestuous one that doesn't really leave their circle.
But the question asked is, "Is the Columbus music scene LEGITIMATE?"
My vote now, as much as I hate it, is _NO_.
This is not saying you should not check out the local artists promoted and especially those who aren't. This is just a statement of the legitimacy of the "scene".
There are talented artists in this area, but the scene mentioned above is not a legitimate one. None of those artists are trying to be a professional musicians (scratch that, a couple may be trying.. but it's not going to happen). Hobbyists, with no real shot or end goal, are not capable of creating a legitimate scene. They might not like being called hobbyists but it's true. A couple of years ago, the Live Nation talent buyer in Atlanta said his pet peeve was someone calling themselves a musician but they're actually a waiter or cook or whatever. To paraphrase the quote, "If you're in a band but pay your bills by being a cook, you're a cook. A musician is a professional who gets paid."
I was watching PJ20 again the other night (Pearl Jam documentary). Seattle had a legitimate scene. Young, talented bands who had legitimate shots at "making it" and most importantly, were actually trying to make music professionally, who were all supportive and helping of each other. That's a scene. Old guys having pickathons is not -- no matter how many cable access tv shows they're on. Seattle's scene got lucky and several of those bands "made it", but the scene was legitimate long before and long after any band got signed by a major label. This has existed (and I'm sure continues to exist) in other places as well, but not here in Columbus. Not in a legitimate fashion anyways.
Cover bands sharing musicians don't count, either.
Well written and really no argument there, Josh... it is nearly impossible to survive in Columbus and Phenix City on just the music and jobs generated from it.

I think Joey Allcorn does, as does Henry Conley, who works no other job and lives off his Del Ranch and assorted other gigs, a few others such manage to be full-time musicians but are able to because of existing wealth, inherited or worked for.

Myself, I've always said that if I was involved in poetry, art and music for a living I'd have starved long ago.

On the other hand, I could argue against jusging Art as "legitimate" simply on a mercenary,$$$ level, as that's placing the creative process on the level of prostitution.

--
Swamp Street Exile (Stopwatch)/ Will Dockery & Rusty Wood:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_116...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1957 Mar 15, 2013
josh_green wrote:
Having artists in an area does not constitute a scene.
Yet there is a scene here. The artists promoted heavily here, like The Conley Brothers which every regular on this board is familiar with at this point, are part of a real scene. All of those artists help and support one another. They come and cheer on each other at the various open mics. They put each other on their cable access show. They created their own little festival and support each other (as well as The House of Heroes) there. They help each other in the recording of each other's material and then buy each other's music. It is 100% a scene, albeit an incestuous one that doesn't really leave their circle.
But the question asked is, "Is the Columbus music scene LEGITIMATE?"
My vote now, as much as I hate it, is _NO_.
This is not saying you should not check out the local artists promoted and especially those who aren't. This is just a statement of the legitimacy of the "scene".
There are talented artists in this area, but the scene mentioned above is not a legitimate one. None of those artists are trying to be a professional musicians (scratch that, a couple may be trying.. but it's not going to happen). Hobbyists, with no real shot or end goal, are not capable of creating a legitimate scene. They might not like being called hobbyists but it's true. A couple of years ago, the Live Nation talent buyer in Atlanta said his pet peeve was someone calling themselves a musician but they're actually a waiter or cook or whatever. To paraphrase the quote, "If you're in a band but pay your bills by being a cook, you're a cook. A musician is a professional who gets paid."
I was watching PJ20 again the other night (Pearl Jam documentary). Seattle had a legitimate scene. Young, talented bands who had legitimate shots at "making it" and most importantly, were actually trying to make music professionally, who were all supportive and helping of each other. That's a scene. Old guys having pickathons is not -- no matter how many cable access tv shows they're on. Seattle's scene got lucky and several of those bands "made it", but the scene was legitimate long before and long after any band got signed by a major label. This has existed (and I'm sure continues to exist) in other places as well, but not here in Columbus. Not in a legitimate fashion anyways.
Cover bands sharing musicians don't count, either.
Josh, I fixed a couple of typos and actually can see my response to you as a "stand alone" statement, which I'll use to try to bring more debate, positive and negative, to this discussion.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T...

As being discussed on the "Is the Columbus music scene Legitimate?" Poll, it is generally agreed that it is nearly impossible to survive in Columbus and Phenix City on just the music and jobs generated from it.

I think Joey Allcorn does, as does Henry Conley, who works no other job and lives off his Del Ranch and assorted other gigs, a few others such manage to be full-time musicians but are able to because of existing wealth, inherited or worked for.

Myself, I've always said that if I was involved in poetry, art and music for a living I'd have starved long ago.

On the other hand, I could argue against jusging Art as "legitimate" simply on a mercenary,$$$ level, as that's placing the creative process on the level of prostitution.

Since: Dec 12

Columbus, GA

#1958 Mar 15, 2013
I'm not judging the art itself on a mercenary level but I am judging the legitimacy of the scene on that level. I think for "the scene", as a whole, to be considered legitimate then there would have to be people involved who are advancing it in an upward direction and that's not happening because no one involved in the "scene" I'm referring to is making a living strictly off the strength of their original music, Henry Conley included. The "scene" simply does not have the means to support such efforts. Does he get paid for his weekly open mic hosting duties and for his scattered coffee shop gigs? Sure. I know how much, too. He's not surviving off that alone. And _IF_ he were, it's still not off the strength of his own original music and sales/support of it which does nothing for the advancement of the legitimacy of "the scene".

Joey Allcorn is the only person in this town who lives solely off of his earnings from record sales (iTunes and physical copies) and performances in different markets but he is not a part of this "scene" at all. There are other people who are making money through music and are professional musicians... giving lessons, leading church bands, session work, etc... hell, even hosting open mics... but no one besides Joey who's making a career out of their own original music. If you want to attach Henry Conley to that, ask Henry how many copies of his album (from the 1st pressing) he still has in his closet. Then ask Joey Allcorn the same thing.

Understand this is not a slam on Henry or anyone else. This is just the facts as I see them. My vote is still no for legitimacy but YES towards talent and progress towards eventual legitimacy! That's my goal.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1959 Mar 15, 2013
josh_green wrote:
I'm not judging the art itself on a mercenary level but I am judging the legitimacy of the scene on that level. I think for "the scene", as a whole, to be considered legitimate then there would have to be people involved who are advancing it in an upward direction and that's not happening because no one involved in the "scene" I'm referring to is making a living strictly off the strength of their original music, Henry Conley included. The "scene" simply does not have the means to support such efforts. Does he get paid for his weekly open mic hosting duties and for his scattered coffee shop gigs? Sure. I know how much, too. He's not surviving off that alone. And _IF_ he were, it's still not off the strength of his own original music and sales/support of it which does nothing for the advancement of the legitimacy of "the scene".
Joey Allcorn is the only person in this town who lives solely off of his earnings from record sales (iTunes and physical copies) and performances in different markets but he is not a part of this "scene" at all. There are other people who are making money through music and are professional musicians... giving lessons, leading church bands, session work, etc... hell, even hosting open mics... but no one besides Joey who's making a career out of their own original music. If you want to attach Henry Conley to that, ask Henry how many copies of his album (from the 1st pressing) he still has in his closet. Then ask Joey Allcorn the same thing.
Understand this is not a slam on Henry or anyone else. This is just the facts as I see them. My vote is still no for legitimacy but YES towards talent and progress towards eventual legitimacy! That's my goal.
Yes, Josh, I understand that we're looking at this topic from two different perspectives, the old Art versus Commerce rub, and you're right, Columbus-Phenix City just isn't very attuned to actually supporting and patronizing all the talented creators that exist here in the local music scene... in fact, Joey Allcorn would possibly have starved if he stayed here and not found a way to take his music to a Worldwide level.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1960 Mar 15, 2013
This discussion has inspired me to set down mt perspective on the interesting situation here in the Columbus-Phenix City music scene, an essay where I'll attempt to cover the various aspects of Art vs. Commerce.

"Art vs. Commerce... do they cancel each other out?" (excerpt from an essay in progress)

As being discussed on the "Is the Columbus music scene Legitimate?" Poll, it is generally agreed that it is nearly impossible to survive in Columbus and Phenix City on just the music and jobs generated from it. The old Art versus Commerce rub, and Columbus-Phenix City just isn't very attuned to actually supporting and patronizing all the talented creators that exist here in the local music scene... in fact, the only performer in the local music scene I know of who does make a living only from his performances would possibly have starved if he stayed here and not found a way to take his music to a Worldwide level.

Myself, I've always said that if I was involved in poetry, art and music for a living or if I had /ever/ thought the creation of Art here in Columbus would be likely to "pay off" I'd have starved long ago. I, as other creators of my ilk, create not for profit but because we /have to/ get these visions out, onto paper, on records, canvas... to an audience.

On the other hand, I could argue against and stridently object to judging Art as "legitimate" simply on a mercenary,$$$ level, as that's placing the creative process on the level of prostitution.

--
Swamp Street Exile (Stopwatch)/ Will Dockery & Rusty Wood:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_116...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1961 Mar 16, 2013
I'm finally getting the hundreds of hours of 1990s video digitized and online. Here in episode three we have One Day in Shadowville with Rick Howe, George Sulzbach and Will Dockery, 1996. n these hundreds of hours of episodes are 1990s open mic & poetry readings, and many current and long gone members of the local scene, performance video & documentary interviews.

http://youtu.be/u8qbj_axVvM

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1963 Mar 18, 2013
Typical wrote:
Did you hear Will Dockery's new song, go to YouTube and search "Heart and Soul"
Illegitimate plagiarism

<snipped misrepresentations>
No, while similar the songs are not the same... Google and hear for yourself.

As I wrote earlier:

I didn't actually write the music to that song, only the lyrics set to Woolfolk and Conley's music.

While there is a slight similarity to the old song you mentioned, the melody is actually put together very differently, as is my vocal meoldy and subject matter.

Good point, though, and well taken.

Hope this clears up your confusion.

--
Under The Radar / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1965 Mar 18, 2013
Typical wrote:
Did you hear Will Dockery's new song, go to YouTube and search "Heart and Soul"
I just did that and a comparison with my song "Cheshire Bridge Road" and the older song by Frank Loesser, "Heart And Soul" shows that my words and vocal melody have nothing similar to the older lyrics and melody.

As usual, mine is completely original.

No, actually the "Cheshire Bridge Road" lyrics and melody are almost nothing like the old standard "Heart & Soul".

Here's mine, compared to the older song, and you can see how different they are at a glance:

Cheshire Bridge Road

Early Sunday morning walking with you on Cheshire Bridge Road
passing sound of radio.
Gee, I think it'd be nice to have a couple of cups of coffee with you
and watch morning come.

Walking on Cheshire Bridge Road early Sunday morning with you
barefoot in the dew.
Sunlight burns away until the fog is gone
and brings in the dawn.

Every time I see your face
it reminds me of music.
Every time I see your face
across that bar.

Early Sunday morning walking with you down Cheshire Bridge Road
passing sound of radio.
Still would like to have a couple of cups of coffee with you
and watch morning come.

-Will Dockery (words)/ Geno Woolfolk & Henry Conley (music)

And an excerpt of Fred Loesser's "Heart & Soul", the rest can be found at:

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/frank_loes...

Heart and soul, I fell in love with you,
Heart and soul, the way a fool would do,
Madly...
Because you held me tight,
And stole a kiss in the night...

Heart and soul, I begged to be adored,
Lost control, and tumbled overboard,
Gladly...
That magic night we kissed,
There in the moon mist.

-Frank Loesser

More lyrics:
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/frank_loes...

As you can see, my poem and song is nothing like the older song, though I know the piano riff is reminiscent of the old song, a homage of sorts.

--
Idle Hour Night / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1967 Mar 19, 2013
Typical wrote:
You lack any originality
The facts as I've shown reveal you to be the lying anonymous troll that you are.

Here's the post that proves you're lying...

It is obvious there's nothing in my lyrics or melody that is the "same" as the classic song you claim to have listened to.

Listen again, and let me know if ANY of my lyrics or singing is in the other song.

If so, please post your findings here, rather than just glossing along with false statements of them being "the same. I expect better from you, of all people.

As I wrote earlier, and the facts remain...

No, actually the "Cheshire Bridge Road" lyrics and melody are almost nothing like the old standard "Heart & Soul".

Here's mine, compared to the older song, and you can see how different they are at a glance:

Cheshire Bridge Road

Early Sunday morning walking with you on Cheshire Bridge Road
passing sound of radio.
Gee, I think it'd be nice to have a couple of cups of coffee with you
and watch morning come.

Walking on Cheshire Bridge Road early Sunday morning with you
barefoot in the dew.
Sunlight burns away until the fog is gone
and brings in the dawn.

Every time I see your face
it reminds me of music.
Every time I see your face
across that bar.

Early Sunday morning walking with you down Cheshire Bridge Road
passing sound of radio.
Still would like to have a couple of cups of coffee with you
and watch morning come.

-Will Dockery (words)/ Geno Woolfolk & Henry Conley (music)

And an excerpt of Frank Loesser's "Heart & Soul", the rest can be found at:

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/frank_loes...

Heart and soul, I fell in love with you,
Heart and soul, the way a fool would do,
Madly...
Because you held me tight,
And stole a kiss in the night...

Heart and soul, I begged to be adored,
Lost control, and tumbled overboard,
Gladly...
That magic night we kissed,
There in the moon mist.

-Frank Loesser

More lyrics:
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/frank_loes...

As you can see, my poem and song is nothing like the older song, though I know the piano riff is reminiscent of the old song, a homage of sorts.

--
Idle Hour Night / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1968 Mar 19, 2013
Typical wrote:
Hope that clears up
Cleared up your lying smear attemp anyhow, my little anonymous friend... heh.

--
Idle Hour Night / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1970 Mar 19, 2013
Typical wrote:
A blatant copying

<lying rant snipped>
No, this is a blatant and false accusation you've made, and I've shown it to be, my anonymous little friend.

Your lying attempt to smear me won't stand, as a comparison of my song with the older one shows. Here's another, perfect example of the original content in my song:
Smiths Station Panthers wrote:
I am drinking coffee right now and there is dew in my yard, wanna come walk with me in it
Are you a female, Panther?!?

I never guessed... you know the character in the poem does more than just drink coffee and walk in the dew with the girl, right?

Something, I'll note, has never been written about in any other song that I know of... haven't checked, but since it really happened to me and I wrote about it, i'm %99 certain that it is completely original.

Just sayin'...

--
Idle Hour Night / Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#1971 Mar 19, 2013
For a great representation of the Columbus-Phenix City music scene, check out the open mic at Old SoHo bar tonight, hosted by Tripp Wrigley, and featuring the best of our local talents.

For another example, here's this particularly strong set from many of the local performers, including me on a couple of the songs, the tribute show to our friend Clyde Baker, a singer-songwriter who suddenly passed away in April:

http://youtu.be/HON4gaacGsU

"Seems To Be No Time", written by Basil Fitzpatrick originally sang by Clyde Baker, vocal interpretation by Will Dockery / "Bang A Gong" written by Marc Bolan, vocal by Will Dockery / "Nothing & Nothing" written by Clyde Baker, vocal Basil Fitzpatrick / "Tonight Is Mine" written by Clyde&#65279; Baker, Vocal by Derundo Jenkins / "White Rabbit" written by Grace Slick, vocal by Gini Davidson / "Gloria" written by Van Morrison, vocal by Dan Davidson.

And have a nice day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aflac partners with The GRAMMYs 5 hr Will Dockery 1
Justice 15 hr Observation 1
Armoni Records of Columbus, GA Announces Signin... Sat Will Dockery 8
Chattahoochee River Restoration Churns Up White... Sat Will Dockery 1
Vietnam, WWII veterans inducted into Alabama Mi... Sat Will Dockery 1
House of Mercy gives toys to families in need Sat Will Dockery 1
Little Homeless Clown / a poem by Will Dockery Sat Will Dockery 1
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:47 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:47PM
Falcons eliminate Saints 30-14, setting up Panthers showdown
NBC Sports 2:00 PM
Panthers-Falcons tie would deliver division title to Carolina, in unusual way
ESPN 3:24 PM
Falcons WRs to CB Lewis: Back up trash talk
Bleacher Report 3:58 PM
Is This End of the Line for Brees in NOLA?
Bleacher Report 6:22 PM
Can NFC South Winner Steal Playoff Win?