Click on an option to vote

Yes, its varied and alive

No, its dead, not much talent in these parts

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#3245 Nov 5, 2013
Harold wrote:
Music is music but old people tend to play the music of their youth and to the young it is repulsive.
The times change but most old musicians like yourself don't remain current or innovative.
That is not narrow minded but a sad reality.
Maybe you should open your mind to the possibility you are NOT quite the musician you think you are.
And the opinions of an anonymous troll in (supposedly, or so you claim) Buffalo New York are so supposed to be important in what way?

That's right... not at all.

Thanks now, and have a nice day!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3246 Nov 5, 2013
Harold wrote:
The Columbus music scene

<snip for focus>
This is hilarious.

And the opinions of an anonymous troll in (supposedly, or so you claim) Buffalo New York about a music scene over 1000 miles away are supposed to be important in what way?

That's right... not at all.

Thanks now, and have a nice day!

And so it goes.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3247 Nov 5, 2013
Alonzo wrote:
The Columbus music scene consists of

<snip for focus>
Why do I get the feeling that you're just another anonymous troll who has never even heard any music from the Columbus-Phenix City music scene..?

Probably because you look just like a dozen more anonymous trlls hiding behind fake names with opinions that amount to zero credibilty?

Yeah, I'd bet the farm on it.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3248 Nov 5, 2013
josh green wrote:
Haha. You're funny, Will.
Thanks, Josh, I remember you wrote that about me in the past, also...

"Having sit through countless hours of these open mics over the past year, I can honestly say that Will is a welcomed treat by the end of the night. You're guaranteed to at least have a good laugh at something humorous he says or does on stage whether you enjoy the music or not. His online "persona" and his real life personality are quite different as his humor does not translate at all online..." -Josh Green

[...]

"...Well, I don't think Will is riding anyone's coattails. I am a firm believer that music is subjective, as I've stated. Will does his own thing clearly. Will's music a very niche market but I enjoy a lot of his songwriting personally (the lyrics more than the actual song). I will also attest to the fact that he is at least 10x more entertaining on stage than the majority of the people that exist in the "scene" he's associated with. Sean Rox is also one of the more engaging performers. The rest...*snore*."
-Josh Green

And that's the name of that tune.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3249 Nov 6, 2013
Rusty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfortunate that folks feel that way.. Will is a good guy.
And likewise, Rusty.

For those unfamiliar with Rusty Wood, he's one of the finest of the Columbus-Phenix City music scene, look for "Rusty Wood" on Reverb nation, currently #3 on the Rock Charts there.

And... that's the name of that tune.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3250 Nov 13, 2013
Harold wrote:
The Columbus music scene, legitimate?
Over 3000 voters who voted "Yes" think so... and for this area 3000 voters is a significant number.

And so it goes.
Tommy

Brooks, GA

#3251 Nov 13, 2013
So is 8000 voting no, very significant.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3252 Nov 13, 2013
Tommy wrote:
So is 8000 voting no, very significant.
Well yeah, obvioudly not everyone can be please, but 3000 "Yes" votes is a good number out of a population of over 100,000 obviously the voting isn't over.

So far the positive response is strong at over 3000 votes.

And so it goes.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3257 Nov 14, 2013
Its Dan Filler wrote:
I heard its really Dan Filler.
I've heard of him... it seems.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3258 Nov 14, 2013
Moshe Begin wrote:
Is this person a character persona. Is it just his image he has created. I know some singers use props. Is this dockiry character really named that. Is he just using the Will Dockery from Wikipedia that had the plantation years ago in mississippi? If so that isn't fair or right.
Says the anonymous, unregistered troll.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3259 Nov 16, 2013
Harold wrote:
The Columbus music scene
The Shadowville All-Stars will be performing on the Broadway Stage Saturday Night - November 30th, at 7:00 p.m.

Broadway will be filled with great music all night long, so bring your lawn chair, a warm blanket, and your family for a night of great music and fun!
Music Man

Newnan, GA

#3260 Nov 16, 2013
Well folks, this little event is not anyway, shape or form part of the the Fall Friday night series on Broad. I vote avoid!
As long as people associate the Columbus music scene with Will Dockery and his ilk you will get overwhelming vote that say "illegitimate"

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3261 Nov 16, 2013
Music Man wrote:
Well folks, this event is not

part of the the Fall Friday night series on Broad.
No, this is the World AIDs Day Concert sponsored by CVBWF Chattahoochee Valley Better Way Foundation Inc. and Jeremy Scott Hobbs.

As the Press Release goes...

"Everywhere I go, I see very much the same thing. I see the same compassion for people who live half a world away. I see the same concern about events beyond these borders. And, increasingly, I see the same conviction that we can and we must join together to stop the scourge of AIDS and poverty." -Bono

CVBWF Chattahoochee Valley Better Way Foundation Inc. and Jeremy Scott Hobbs present The Shadowville All-Stars concert fundraiser for World AIDS Day, Saturday November 30th. World AIDS Day on 1 December brings together people from around the world to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and demonstrate international solidarity in the face of the pandemic. The day is an opportunity for public and private partners to spread awareness about the status of the pandemic and encourage progress in HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care in high prevalence countries and around the world.

The Shadowville All-Stars will be performing on the Broadway Stage Saturday Night - November 30th, at 7:00 p.m. Broadway will be filled with great music all night long, so bring your lawn chair, a warm blanket, and your family for a night of great music and fun!

And so it goes.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3262 Nov 16, 2013
Tommy wrote:
very significant
Over 3000 "Yes" votes, very significant indeed.

And so it goes.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3263 Nov 22, 2013
Josh Green's critique, if you are out there Josh, thanks and best of luck to you:

"...Well, I don't think Will is riding anyone's coattails. I am a firm believer that music is subjective, as I've stated. Will does his own thing clearly. Will's music a very niche market but I enjoy a lot of his songwriting personally (the lyrics more than the actual song). I will also attest to the fact that he is at least 10x more entertaining on stage than the majority of the people that exist in the "scene" he's associated with. Sean Rox is also one of the more engaging performers. The rest...*snore*..."

[...]

"...Having sit through countless hours of these open mics over the past year, I can honestly say that Will is a welcomed treat by the end of the night. You're guaranteed to at least have a good laugh at something humorous he says or does on stage whether you enjoy the music or not. His online "persona" and his real life personality are quite different as his humor does not translate at all online..." -Josh Green
Dilliam Wockery

Griffin, GA

#3264 Nov 25, 2013
Will, I don't think you are riding anyone's "coattails."
You are too much of a narcissist and egotist to be able to do that at all.
You are, in fact, one of the worst human beings I have ever encountered, and I just can't see you having the ability or desire to "ride anyone's coattails." Your fragile psyche would shatter like a snow globe on concrete if that ever happened.

As for being a welcomed treat? Well maybe if you got the audience drunk and maybe if you set fire to the building causing people to leave in a hurry. Other than that? No.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3266 Nov 26, 2013
Dilliam Wockery wrote:
I just can't see you having the ability or desire to "ride anyone's coattails."

Right... who would?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3267 Dec 30, 2013
Rusty wrote:
With over 600 videos and countless hours, I seriously doubt that anyone here took too much time to check it out. If you did, you would find much talent.
Indeed, it can hardly be denied that we have a great music scene with a wide variety of local talents!
Perscribed Music

Columbus, GA

#3268 Dec 30, 2013
Will Dockery has no symptoms or side effects. Take him daily. A dockery poem in the morning. Truck Stop Woman after lunch. Then The Suspension of disbelief at night. Better than Geritol.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

#3269 Dec 31, 2013
Perscribed Music wrote:
Will Dockery has no symptoms or side effects. Take him daily. A dockery poem in the morning. Truck Stop Woman after lunch. Then The Suspension of disbelief at night. Better than Geritol.
Just some of that rock-n-roll music it'll satisfy your soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The no sale of Confederate flags has reached Co... 1 hr goonsquad 182
Quote of the Day 7-4-15 7 hr Advice to Kentucky 1
Moving to columbus 7 hr Advice to Kentucky 2
*keep a word- drop a word* Game Fri Will Dockery 151
Word Association Fri Will Dockery 146
Check this out Thu Will Dockery 23
Walking (To The Edge Of Town) - The Video Thu Will Dockery 128
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE