Obama adviser: Jobless rate is really 8.254%

There are 20 comments on the Aug 3, 2012, content.usatoday.com story titled Obama adviser: Jobless rate is really 8.254%. In it, content.usatoday.com reports that:

Rather than 8.3% -- the rounded-up figure -- Obama economic adviser Alan Krueger writes on the White House website that the real jobless rate is 8.254%. "The household survey showed that the unemployment rate ticked up to 8.3% in July ," wrote Krueger, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at content.usatoday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 3, 2012
Obama's economic adviser would be better served in worrying about what this record breaking run of unemployment has done to the American people than scaling the numbers to the thousandths.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Aug 3, 2012
Oh yes another JimPickens post. And several positive checks from Desperate republicans. Well go to your doctors and ask for valium or xanax and get penty of refills cause your republican party burnt the 68% of us non-republicans so bad with your Devil's Reject George Bush that you will have to wait a while before the majority of Americans are willing risk another disaster. Their are also other countries that might allow some of you to emigrate there.
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

#3 Aug 3, 2012
My brother has been out of work for 20 months, best friend just graduated college and cannot find a job anywhere. Things really suck now, Obama has gotta go.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 3, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
Oh yes another JimPickens post. And several positive checks from Desperate republicans. Well go to your doctors and ask for valium or xanax and get penty of refills cause your republican party burnt the 68% of us non-republicans so bad with your Devil's Reject George Bush that you will have to wait a while before the majority of Americans are willing risk another disaster. Their are also other countries that might allow some of you to emigrate there.
Obama is the disaster, 8.3% unemployment, 15 trillion in debt...is this how he fundamentally changes America? By authoring its decline?
The democrats do not have a clue about the economy, time for real change.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Aug 4, 2012
And you think a 250 million dollar baby is going to rescue my country after the permanent devastation caused by Bush. This monster stuck the death blow into America's backside and has yet to pay for his many Felonies. Maybe God will give him a pardon.
Trent

Columbus, GA

#6 Aug 4, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
And you think a 250 million dollar baby is going to rescue my country after the permanent devastation caused by Bush. This monster stuck the death blow into America's backside and has yet to pay for his many Felonies. Maybe God will give him a pardon.
Uh, excuse me but Obama caused the devastation.

“I Love Topix- Topix Loves Me”

Since: Feb 10

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Aug 4, 2012
Obama will be remembered for unemployment and his lack of understanding of the economy. I had professors in college just like him. They were very smart yet hadn't any real life experience with business or as a player in the economy.
He is isolated and out of touch or at least gives that impression.
All my conservative friends give me a hard time because I voted for him but they know I will not again, if fact, I do not know one person who is going to vote for Obama.
My brother was the last hold out but threw his hands in the air and gave up, he realizes Obama is not who he made himself out to be.
Zero support for Obama in my circle, funny 4 years ago everyone was abuzz about the election and the "Hope & Change".
Romney comes off as a CEO instead of a professor and I think that is what America needs right now.
Just a few of my humble ramblings from the North Georgia mountains.
Steven

Smiths Station, AL

#8 Aug 9, 2012
This is Obama's biggest fail.

“The undiscovered country... ”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#9 Aug 9, 2012
Leslie_CC wrote:
Obama will be remembered for unemployment and his lack of understanding of the economy. I had professors in college just like him. They were very smart yet hadn't any real life experience with business or as a player in the economy.
All my conservative friends give me a hard time because I voted for him but they know I will not again, if fact, I do not know one person who is going to vote for Obama.
My brother was the last hold out but threw his hands in the air and gave up, he realizes Obama is not who he made himself out to be.
Zero support for Obama in my circle, funny 4 years ago everyone was abuzz about the election and the "Hope & Change".
Romney comes off as a CEO instead of a professor and I think that is what America needs right now.
Much as I wish the last four years had gone otherwise, Leslie, your post almost perfectly nails the "Trouble With Obama" so many of us former supporters feel.
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The eight years Bush was President was not that bad economically
That's absurd, and the same kind of statement that caused the McCain-Palin comedy team to lose the election last time, when McCain follishly stated that things were "fine" with Bush and that if elected he'd give us "more of the same".

Of course, like most Bush fans, you make these absurd statements yet never manage to provide anything to back them up... typical of what I call the "mass amnesia" the Repubican party seems to be suffering under right now.

No, although I voted for and gave Obama lierally years to get something done, come November I'm leaning to the first steps of the next level of American history... joining with those fellow Americans utterly weary of the sham and scams of the two-party Democrat-Republican shell game, and am casting my vote to the long range building of a valid Third Party within my lifetime.

In other words- Vote for Gary Johnson for President in 2012!

It won't happen this year, or maybe even next election in 2016, but I think this is something we have to do to break away from what's become obvious as a mutual shelacking og the American people, this two-party shell game.

In the immortal words of George W. Bush:

"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice... won't get fooled again."

--
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Columbus, GA

#10 Aug 9, 2012
Leslie_CC wrote:
Sorry, that last post got bogged down with a repeat of the last post I just made elsewhere on another thread... so, to put it simply, your post pretty much nails the problems we former Obama supporters have with him.

Although I still can't trust the Republicans to vote for one just yet, I can't imagine having confidence in another four years of Obama, either.

Thus I'm forced to vote third party, for Gary Johnson this year.

--
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Aug 9, 2012
Jim the arch republican Pickens posted these figures. I would have to see the facts in writing, you see Ol Jim tends to twist the truth in his and his republican friends way. But Ol Jim will probably be there at church next sunday and " The Good Lord" will wash away his sins.

“Semi Retired”

Since: May 12

Columbus, GA

#12 Aug 9, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
Jim the arch republican Pickens posted these figures. I would have to see the facts in writing, you see Ol Jim tends to twist the truth in his and his republican friends way. But Ol Jim will probably be there at church next sunday and " The Good Lord" will wash away his sins.
You do know that the top of this page is a link to the actual story this topic is based on. I generally make it a rule to read the article before I comment on it.

The unemployment rate is accurate and President Obama's economic adviser did say it. So whats the problem?

Columbus, GA

#13 Aug 9, 2012
Trent wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, excuse me but Obama caused the devastation.
No, that's wrong.

Although Obama hasn't been able to stop this "devastation", and after four years he's obviously been in over his head, the original problem was set into motion by Bush during his eight year fiasco in the White House.

--
3rd Ave Spokesman

Smiths Station, AL

#14 Aug 10, 2012
From what I have seen and read, Obama is to blame for the economic woes hurting us today.
Social Security is Great

Edmond, OK

#15 Aug 10, 2012
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is the disaster, 8.3% unemployment, 15 trillion in debt...is this how he fundamentally changes America? By authoring its decline?
The democrats do not have a clue about the economy, time for real change.
Obama is gaining in swing states Jim, so get ready for 4 more years. Bush is the reason for the season.

Columbus, GA

#16 Aug 10, 2012
3rd Ave Spokesman wrote:
From what I have seen and read, Obama is to blame for the economic woes hurting us today.
Plus the fact that Romney lacks a basic appeal to mainstream Anericans, who are /not/ rich white boys...

Location hidden

#18 Aug 11, 2012
_Gadfly_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the top of this page is a link to the actual story this topic is based on. I generally make it a rule to read the article before I comment on it.
The unemployment rate is accurate and President Obama's economic adviser did say it. So whats the problem?
Don't waste your time arguing with these hacks. They are so blinded by their hatred of me and those who are successful in this country. Obama tells them who the problem lies with.
Obama nurtures this "blame others" mentality.
Remember:
Blame the doctors and our healthcare system
Blame the Banks
Blame the mortgage lenders
Blame Wall Street
Then the Republicans won the House back in the mid-terms and then it bacame:
Blame the Congress
And lets not forget the latest:
Blame the rich

Obama has brought a grand level of divisiveness and immaturity to our great nation. He is only effective when he demonizes certain groups. This is his greatest tragedy.
He has never led this country and we need a positive leader
Frank

Columbus, GA

#19 Aug 11, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus the fact that Romney lacks a basic appeal to mainstream Anericans, who are /not/ rich white boys...
keep your racism to yourself, no one wants to read that.

Columbus, GA

#20 Aug 11, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
keep your racism to yourself, no one wants to read that.
My statement was not "racist", Frank, just calling it as I see it, and the way I see it Obama's failure has nothing to do what race he belongs to:

Much as I wish the last four years had gone otherwise, the "Trouble With Obama" so many of us former supporters feel id that. like Jimmy Carter, although his intentions might have been good, he just wasn't cut out for the work of being President.

The same kind of statement that caused the McCain-Palin comedy team to lose the election last time, when McCain follishly stated that things were "fine" with Bush and that if elected he'd give us "more of the same".

Of course, like most Bush fans, you make these absurd statements yet never manage to provide anything to back them up... typical of what I call the "mass amnesia" the Repubican party seems to be suffering under right now.

No, although I voted for and gave Obama lierally years to get something done, come November I'm leaning to the first steps of the next level of American history... joining with those fellow Americans utterly weary of the sham and scams of the two-party Democrat-Republican shell game, and am casting my vote to the long range building of a valid Third Party within my lifetime.
In other words- Vote for Gary Johnson for President in 2012!
It won't happen this year, or maybe even next election in 2016, but I think this is something we have to do to break away from what's become obvious as a mutual shelacking og the American people, this two-party shell game.

In the immortal words of George W. Bush:
"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice... won't get fooled again."

--
Truth

Columbus, GA

#21 Aug 11, 2012
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement was not "racist"
I think you are a racist from your history of posting on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hogbottom #10 - May 2nd 32 min Will Dockery 1
Chris shelling 3 hr Bond Joe Vee 12
News Police: Shooting at Kia plant in Georgia 3 hr Shanika 2
News Fort Benning: Sgt. Jerome C. Owens dies in wrec... (Jun '11) 16 hr praying 4
Georgia State Patrol needs to slow down! (Apr '07) Sun andy 224
Is Columbus a good place to live? (Sep '08) Apr 25 hijwfwjgwhj 3,122
News Chattahoochee Unplugged Apr 24 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]