Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpa...

Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain

There are 13 comments on the cnsnews.com story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Food Stamp Rolls in America Now Surpass the Population of Spain. In it, cnsnews.com reports that:

Since taking office in 2009, food stamp rolls under President Barack Obama have risen to more than 47 million people in America, exceeding the population of Spain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cnsnews.com.

“Way down, in Columbus Georgia”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Feb 12, 2013
The article goes on to report that when Obama entered office in 2009 there were 31,939,110 American receiving food stamps, as of November 2012 - the most recent data available- there were 47,692,896 Americans enrolled, an increase of 49.3 %.
That is over 1 1/2 million added in just 4 years!
Obama's motto is "forward" but we are moving backwards unlike never before in this nations history.

Location hidden

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
The article goes on to report that when Obama entered office in 2009 there were 31,939,110 American receiving food stamps, as of November 2012 - the most recent data available- there were 47,692,896 Americans enrolled, an increase of 49.3 %.
That is over 1 1/2 million added in just 4 years!
Obama's motto is "forward" but we are moving backwards unlike never before in this nations history.
I meant 15 1/2 MILLION!
Truly scary numbers!
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Feb 12, 2013
The food stamp program is small in comparison to the huge pork barrel defence industry. While you worry over some welfare mama lying and getting a few hundred extra for a child she really does'nt have, the private company supplying our troops in Afganistan with meals has already gone over 2012 for 12 billion dollars. That with haliburton receiving 18 billion for a contract that was probably half that and boeing charging 22 billion for a fence on the border that highest estimates put at 8 billion show you need to get your priorities straight. While the little guy cheats and steals thousands that you stress over and is wrong for them to do, the big guys in three piece suits are stealing trillions from our government. Why don't you point out their theft or are you too blind to see.

Location hidden

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
The food stamp program is small in comparison to the huge pork barrel defence industry. While you worry over some welfare mama lying and getting a few hundred extra for a child she really does'nt have, the private company supplying our troops in Afganistan with meals has already gone over 2012 for 12 billion dollars. That with haliburton receiving 18 billion for a contract that was probably half that and boeing charging 22 billion for a fence on the border that highest estimates put at 8 billion show you need to get your priorities straight. While the little guy cheats and steals thousands that you stress over and is wrong for them to do, the big guys in three piece suits are stealing trillions from our government. Why don't you point out their theft or are you too blind to see.
Entitlement spending is projected to be well over 2 trillion for 2013 and was 1.85 trillion last year.
Defense spending was around 800 million last year.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Sure glad romney lost though, are'nt you? This con artist wanted to spend 2 trillion on a navy we don't need. Anyway you republicans have 4 long years to stress out now like most of us had to do when bush plague has us all sick. I am sure glad it is you and not me, I sleep good at night.
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Almost a 50% rise in just 4 years, and people still say there is nothing wrong here.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Feb 14, 2013
I'm still glad bush and his ugly ho and little bit-h daughters are gone, almost as glad about romney losing but much more happy rich man romney lost by a LANDSLIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE. Damn believe I'll go fix myself a good stiff drink and wash it down with 2 10mg hydrocodones.
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#8 Feb 15, 2013
I have always believed that a presidents family, such as Bush's daughters are off limits to attacks, especially name calling like you did Columbus Native.
We discuss Obama, Bush, Romney, etc and their policies but not their families here but you seem to always resort to name calling or making fun of how someone looks. You never provide any arguments, links or sources for your points.
Why is that?
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Feb 15, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
Entitlement spending is projected to be well over 2 trillion for 2013 and was 1.85 trillion last year.
Defense spending was around 800 million last year.
It's time for the small and middle income to have more entitlements for a change after the rich, defence industry, and big corporations receives larger entitlements under a punk named bush. It's goog to spred the wealth better.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Smith Station Panthers wrote:
I have always believed that a presidents family, such as Bush's daughters are off limits to attacks, especially name calling like you did Columbus Native.
We discuss Obama, Bush, Romney, etc and their policies but not their families here but you seem to always resort to name calling or making fun of how someone looks. You never provide any arguments, links or sources for your points.
Why is that?
Agreed, I find many of my democrat friends are very short when it comes to discussing our current president and inability to lead this great nation. They are running out of excuses for him.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Feb 16, 2013
Most non- republicans don't like excuses for what is going on but look at the alternative. A return to bush type policies scares the hell out of them so they have no choice but to overpower republicans at the polls. bush made a permanent impression in the majority of voters that will take tears to overcomr. You republicans all make excuses for this reclusive monster. If you could you would install this rotten piece the flesh bush back in power today!
Copy It Over

Columbus, GA

#12 Feb 24, 2013
Iam looking forward to graduating college and joining the entitlement class. I want food stamps, a place to live and my free health care.
I hope to "work on the side" and make tax free money. This is the new reality and I will ride it for as long as I can
Smith Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#14 Feb 25, 2013
Jim R Pickens wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, I find many of my democrat friends are very short when it comes to discussing our current president and inability to lead this great nation. They are running out of excuses for him.
He has failed on so many levels to do what is best for our nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 1 hr GEORGIA 820
Mayors tattoos 16 hr Will Dockery 3
Word Association (May '15) 16 hr Will Dockery 411
News Columbus driving has its quirks May 23 Will Dockery 3
Obama's Dystopian Society May 20 Anonymous 3
Is Columbus a good place to live? (Sep '08) May 20 Isabelle 3,162
News Asheville Art Talk: Matt Tommey, not A typical ... May 19 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages