Ramnath Subramanian: Breaking away fr...

Ramnath Subramanian: Breaking away from pressure of our peers

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 11, 2013, titled Ramnath Subramanian: Breaking away from pressure of our peers. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Last week, a 13-year-old boy hanged himself in Columbus, Ga. The boy became a target of bullies after he reported a girl with a butcher knife who had threatened to stab a teacher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Eduardo

Columbus, GA

#2 Apr 11, 2013
Street trash at Rothchild, bet they are proud the took out a "snitch".
Animals, all of them
Gregory

Wellington, AL

#3 Apr 12, 2013
Snitching in today's thug street culture is the worst thing you can do. Even if you are the victim, you better not tell.
The priorities and morality in their lives is backward and animalistic.
We have areas in El Paso but considering the demographics of Columbus, I am sure I could guess the racial makeup of that school.
If the situation was reversed ethnically, this would have made national headline news and you would have Sharpton, Jackson and the NAACP calling for an investigation and wanting school officials fired.
Stanley

Columbus, GA

#4 Apr 13, 2013
Gregory wrote:
Snitching in today's thug street culture is the worst thing you can do. Even if you are the victim, you better not tell.
The priorities and morality in their lives is backward and animalistic.
We have areas in El Paso but considering the demographics of Columbus, I am sure I could guess the racial makeup of that school.
If the situation was reversed ethnically, this would have made national headline news and you would have Sharpton, Jackson and the NAACP calling for an investigation and wanting school officials fired.
not much about it on the news here, one of the liberals rules is minorities can't be bullies, they always gotta be the victims.
This news doesn't fit so they bury it or don't report it.
Really

Columbus, GA

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Very Sad.
Sally

Douglasville, GA

#6 Apr 14, 2013
Bullying is ugly and can mold a persons outlook on others for life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 18 hr _Zoey_ 244
*keep a word- drop a word* Game 18 hr _Zoey_ 348
Looking to breed male toy poodle (May '12) Aug 26 No breeding 27
Firm Roberts Cafe (Jul '14) Aug 25 Big Eddy 13
Joe Biden Aug 24 Jonesie 1
Fatal car accident in Smiths Station Aug 19 Will Dockery 2
Gary S. Frankfurth - Obituary Aug 14 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages