Forward Thinking

Macon, GA

#1 Nov 13, 2012
I have some ideas for President Obama for the next 4 years.
1) Expand the EBT system to cover clothing for our children, it does not have to be near as much a food allotments but $500 per card should be good.
2) we need some kind of something to offset the cost of gas and electricity, give like a $2000 yearly amount to families.
3) Internet access should be in every home in this country regardless of income. Those who cannot afford it should get free access and a free computer or money to buy one.
4) there needs to be job pools and more programs like HeadStart but for all ages.
5) Lack of money should not keep anyone out of college, the government should pay for those who cannot afford higher education.
All we are asking for is economic fairness and reelecting President Obama is moving forward, the right direction.
OMG

Ray City, GA

#2 Nov 13, 2012
what do you think the child earned income credit is? its pure welfare.

If you have lets say, 3 kids, and you only make around 25,000 a year. you get ALL if any income tax u paid back, PLUS a few extra thousand to go with it.That extra money not yours. it comes from the people that actually pay taxes and have a higher income. So they are giving you welfare.So use that welfare money to buy your kids clothes, pay your internet bill,also if your low income, your kids can go to college for free, just like your friend Obama did .

Electing Obama was the worse thing for this country. The more the government gives, means the more they can take away later once the people become dependant on the govt. for their livelyhood. IT"S CALLED CONTROL. Just like you give a child a car at 16. and you take it away if they do something wrong. or their cell phones.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Nice try, but this was never the actual policies or platform.

This is what Fox News told you it was about. Big surprise, they lied.....like they always do.

Will you be disappointed that when these things don't happen even though you lost the election?

You're going to get exactly what you wanted in regards to your above statement. Of course, you won't be able to admit that.
Jimmy

Bainbridge, GA

#4 Nov 13, 2012
Fox News lies for the Republican Party
Forward Thinking

Macon, GA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
I see that reading comprehension isn't big here.
I said these were my ideas, not the Presidents.
I think President Obama must address the suffering from economic disparity among the poor and lower middle class. These ideas of mine would go a long way to help.
Earned income was a start, a good start, but we still have a long way to go.
What you people do not understand is that for many Americans, they can complete certain tasks, lets say 1-10, and become successful and financially secure. Yet a large portion of Americans can complete the same tasks and fail.
Why? Is it institutionalized racism? President Obama will bring equality of outcomes, something this nation has needed for a long long time.
All Americans have a right to the same economic standards. It's past time to raise taxes and raise them substantially to put everyone on the same economic levels.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#7 Nov 14, 2012
All we are asking for

We =??
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#8 Nov 14, 2012
You aren't being clever or fooling anyone.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
Fox News lies for the Republican Party
And even the Republicans are turning against the misrepresentations put out by the Fox-News crew and their ilk.
Cacophony

Columbus, GA

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Stupid thread by stupid people

Location Shown

#11 Nov 14, 2012
Danny Noonan: I planned to go to law school after I graduated, but it looks like my folks won't have enough money to put me through college.

Judge Smails: Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too.
Ronnie

United States

#12 Nov 15, 2012
Big Time wrote:
Danny Noonan: I planned to go to law school after I graduated, but it looks like my folks won't have enough money to put me through college.
Judge Smails: Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too.
It ain't gotta be one to the other extreme, lots of other good careers you can have in between those two.

Location Shown

#13 Nov 15, 2012
A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
Smiths Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>
It ain't gotta be one to the other extreme, lots of other good careers you can have in between those two.
Its from the movie, "Caddyshack"

Location Shown

#17 Jan 11, 2013
Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) 3 hr Victor 5,511
Word Association (May '15) 5 hr _Zoey_ 1,244
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 5 hr _Zoey_ 1,868
News About 10,000 Jehovaha s Witnesses coming to Col... 6 hr ihveit 10
Columbus-Phenix City music scene (Jun '15) May 26 Will Dockery 32
News Special Report: The bridges of Muscogee County May 26 Will Dockery 6
News Columbus Museum Gets Teens Into the Chattahooch... May 25 hoochbear 6

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance