WTVM.com and WTVM News Leader 9, Colu...

WTVM.com and WTVM News Leader 9, Columbus, GA

There are 4 comments on the WTVM Columbus story from Jun 7, 2008, titled WTVM.com and WTVM News Leader 9, Columbus, GA. In it, WTVM Columbus reports that:

What's the Buzz? Seth Rogen Is the Green Hornet! It's official: After months of murmurings, Seth Rogen is set to star as the Green Hornet in the upcoming, eponymous film.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVM Columbus.

Elmer Dix Lewis

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 12, 2008
I do not agree with the settlement of $200,000.00 from the city of Columbus GA, for the wrongful death of Kenneth Walker Jr. Yes $200,000.00 is a substantial amount of money however; the loss of human life, the love and companionship of a husband, the dedication of a son and the protective presence of a devoted father is far more valued than the settlement offer. The settlement amount of $200,000.00 would in no way equal the contributions Mr. Walker would have made had he lived. I applaud the anonymous donors whose contributions far exceeded the offer made by the city of Columbus GA.
My prayer is that the donors along with the Walker Family be forever blessed.
Thank You Ms.Elmer Dix Lewis
therealstory

France

#3 Sep 2, 2008
Sure the Cops do not always perform perfectly and yes they need better training but perhaps if Walker had listened to the cops,, done what he was told and not be high on cocaine and hanging out at known drug houses with that had harbored a cop killer then maybe he would be alive today.

“Stick it in your carpetbag”

Since: Apr 07

Phenix City, AL

#4 Sep 15, 2008
If I may, let's remove race from this issue and pretend that the guy that got wasted was green, okay?

True, he was out late but... we have all been out past midnight before. last time I checked, the crime of being outside after dark has never included getting shot in the head.

We all want to support our law enforcement people but if we do not hold them to the same laws and standards that they would certainly hold us to... then the laws mean nothing.

We can all be, loyal, law abiding citizens and still call this duck a duck.
ola

AOL

#5 Jul 4, 2011
I HAVE HAD AN AID ATTENDANCE CLAM INTO THE VA IN MONGERMY.AL. SINCE 2010 ,OCT. MY HUSBAND IS GETTING WORSE AND I HAD TO TAKE A LEAVE OF ABSANCE FROM MY JOB ,HE IS UNABLE TO STAY BY HIMSELF.HE IS A VETERN . I HAVE STRESSED TO VA THAT I NEED HELP.WHAT CAN I DO? YJEY ARE TAKING 7HEIR TIME ABOUT THIS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firm Roberts Cafe (Jul '14) Aug 26 Will Dockery 16
News The Wall Street Journal: America's newest commu... Aug 26 indict robert mercer 3
Dennis Beck quote from 2006 Aug 25 Will Dockery 1
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) Aug 24 Will Dockery 951
Word Association (May '15) Aug 24 Will Dockery 443
News Warrants issued for man with four missing boys Aug 23 TheTruthIs YouKno... 1
News Former Miss Columbus headed to Miss America Pag... Aug 21 Tighty whitey 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages