I_GOTTA_KNOW

Phenix City, AL

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Do you think Columbus Police write tickets for running "Yellow" lights?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
I_GOTTA_KNOW wrote:
Do you think Columbus Police write tickets for running "Yellow" lights?
Yellow lights are just "slow down" from what I've always known.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#3 Dec 20, 2012
A red light running violation occurs when a motorist enters an intersection after the traffic signal has turned red. Motorists already in the intersection when the signal changes to red, when waiting to turn for example, are not considered red light violators
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Show Me wrote:
A red light running violation occurs when a motorist enters an intersection after the traffic signal has turned red. Motorists already in the intersection when the signal changes to red, when waiting to turn for example, are not considered red light violators
That is what I have always been told that if it turns red after entering then your OK.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#5 Dec 21, 2012
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>That is what I have always been told that if it turns red after entering then your OK.
Sure, in the middle of an intersection is not a great place to slam on brakes and stop... and also when the light turns green the oncoming drivers should of course give the driver caught in flux a few seconds to get on out of there.

In my opinion as a man on the road for 40+ years.

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#8 Dec 31, 2012
They profile ,

Don't shop at Home Depot for a gallon of Milk,...
Swamp D

Jefferson, GA

#10 Jan 6, 2013
They all do whatever they want and get away with it. You will be lucky to beat the wrap, the lawyers owe favors, but you definately will not beat the ride. True stories.
Smith Station Panthers

Smiths Station, AL

#11 Jan 8, 2013
You usually on hear the lawbreakers bitch

Since: Jul 11

Columbus Georgia

#12 Jan 8, 2013
The biggest gang in Columbus.., the Columbus Police Department.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, in the middle of an intersection is not a great place to slam on brakes and stop... and also when the light turns green the oncoming drivers should of course give the driver caught in flux a few seconds to get on out of there.
In my opinion as a man on the road for 40+ years.
You won't get a ticket if the lights turns yellow while entering and red half way thru. This has nothing to do with slaming on your brakes, but if you enter on red whether there are cars coming at you or not the police can write a ticket.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Jan 8, 2013
I have noticed a considerable let-up in police brutality and abuse cases since the GESTAPO regime of George Bush finally died. Republican State and local and Federal regimes give consideral favor to police powers on the blue collar level but vary little on the white collar level. Resulting in local and federal abuses of our constitutional rights by FBI,DEA and local and state police powers. In the white collar area republican regimes are very lack in policing Wall Street, Banks and Mortgage companies. Also Defence companies can start phony wars easier under republicans. Reason? " We've always had wars". Does'nt make much difference if they are justified are not" Might makes Right". So glad Bush is gone but not so glad he was never prosecuted,I guess that will be up to God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr rename 55,361
How hot will Columbus be after 100 more years o... 13 hr CodSack 5
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
Historic riverfront mansion gutted by fire Sep 12 Stanley 1
The Truth About Benghazi- On The Ground Sep 8 dadgum 2
Columbus Culture of Corruption Sep 7 Unknown 3
SOA Watch may protest on Fort Benning Road unde... Sep 6 DogGone 3
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••