Obama Bypasses Congress to Impose Black Boxes

Dec 15, 2012 Full story: articles.washingtonpost.com 6
Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of “black boxes” in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014. Full Story

“Pair of Socks”

Since: Dec 06

.Beats an Ace High

#2 Dec 15, 2012
Crash info will be used to deny insurance claims later on, corvettes and some trucks have one now,..

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, most new cars contain data recorders. While the information captured by the box (speed, direction, etc.) could work in your favor after an accident, things could just as easily go the other way.

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#4 Dec 15, 2012

Looks like they didn't provide complete surveillance of Adam Lanza,...
Kristan

Conley, GA

#6 Dec 19, 2012
The Shamans Wife wrote:
Many in my Country use the USA as a model for how to indiscreetly provide complete surveillance of its citizens. I laugh at many USA patriots who still maintain they are free when I see no real difference between the USA and other countries anymore.
I am very happy that you have finally woken up about your old tired government and are moving toward a collective system. You President, if unshackled by opposition, could move your country far toward a fair system and eventually toward joining one world government with fairness and equality toward all nations.
If only your country would understand that you must silence opposition for the common good,
Garump garble blah blah blah, I sees you floooo ent in nonsense
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Yes but if George Bush or romney wanted these boxes republicans would immediately jump at the opportunity. Strange how so many people caught up in these political cults are driven by the party POPE and forget sound judgement. This country is moving more and more to a Federal Police State. The GOOD NEWS! when this country goes off the fiscal cliff in January there will be huge automatic budget cuts to the Justice Department. That's the department that hires and mantains a bloated calvary of overpaid and over-rated FBI, DEA, and Homeland Security special opps. Scary when you consider since the installation in 2001 of the Unconstitutional Patriot Act Federal agents don't have to get a judges approval to wiretap home and cell phones. Now I admit that there are corrupt judges but they make fewer mistakes in the long run than a cocky punk federal cops. Besides read the 4th admendment against unreasonable searches and seizures. Better WAKE UP Amreica you either control your government or it will eventually CONTROL you, BIG BROTHER! How less stressful we will be over the next 10 years with 400 billion in automatic cuts to the justice department that kicks in Jan.2013.

“Pair of Socks”

.Beats an Ace High

#9 Dec 31, 2012
Presidunce Buckwheat Orders 'Slow' Joe to Shutup and Listen!

moi

Arta, Russia

#10 Jan 14, 2013
The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged ...

... they had covertly funded a project with the U.S. auto makers for the past five years whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four-wheel drive pick-up trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 49 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2 percent of fatal crashes were "OH GOD!" Only the state of Georgia was different, where 89.3 percent of the final words were: "HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Out Source Purdue Oct 18 Stan 3
Are Discussions on politics being sensored on T... Oct 16 Country Captain 2
Columbus 'played such a pivotal role in the wor... Oct 15 David53g 18
Historic riverfront mansion gutted by fire Oct 14 L-E-O 17
Ebola In Texas Oct 9 Concerned in Colu... 3
June 8: Expect music, barbecue, ukulele jam at ... Oct 3 Will Dockery 6
“White Privilege” or “Jewish Privilege” : The U... Oct 2 The Truth 1
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs