Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mama's Pub (was the Cat's Eye to all us old timers).

One of the coolest little music venues... Locally or anywhere.

http://www.reverbnation.com/venue/899731
Tidbit of info

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Mama's Pub is a block building with antiquated ventilation systems.
Their fresh air consists of opening the front and back doors to get a draft. 90% of the people there smoke so if you want to enjoy second hand smoke at its finest then by all means go there.
Your clothes, underwear, hair and even your shoes will smell like cigarette smoke for weeks.
As a non smoker I hacked for weeks after spending a few hours in that smoker's paradise, if you don't smoke, stay the hell away. If you do smoke you might want to do the same.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Tidbit of info wrote:
Mama's Pub is a block building with antiquated ventilation systems.
Their fresh air consists of opening the front and back doors to get a draft. 90% of the people there smoke so if you want to enjoy second hand smoke at its finest then by all means go there.
Your clothes, underwear, hair and even your shoes will smell like cigarette smoke for weeks.
As a non smoker I hacked for weeks after spending a few hours in that smoker's paradise, if you don't smoke, stay the hell away. If you do smoke you might want to do the same.
I haven't had a cigarette in three years and I didn't notice a problem there.

But you wouldn't make up a lie and post it here, now would you?

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Tidbit of info

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't had a cigarette in three years and I didn't notice a problem there.
But you wouldn't make up a lie and post it here, now would you?
--
I have been once on a Friday night to see a band a year ago and it was packed. Like I said, the smoke was unbearable, it just lingered and the only relief was around the front door. Also I remember we had to go to the bar to get a beer because the waitress would not even acknowledge we were there, I know they were crowded but still. The bathrooms are absolutely filthy.
Second , and last time. There was someone there just playing guitar and although the smoke wasn't as bad because there wasn't near as many people there, it still saturated our clothes and shoes. One person in our party, a runner, had difficulty breathing with the smoke. The service was better I guess because there wasn't as many people there but they still were not very friendly.
The bathrooms were still filthy.
----------
I don't know who you think you are insinuating that someone is a liar just because they give their honest review of their experiences at a place. Maybe you are the owner or someone who works there you will take your blinders off and see what other people are seeing instead of calling them a liar on Topix.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Tidbit of info wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been once on a Friday night to see a band a year ago and it was packed. Like I said, the smoke was unbearable, it just lingered and the only relief was around the front door. Also I remember we had to go to the bar to get a beer because the waitress would not even acknowledge we were there, I know they were crowded but still. The bathrooms are absolutely filthy.
Second , and last time. There was someone there just playing guitar and although the smoke wasn't as bad because there wasn't near as many people there, it still saturated our clothes and shoes. One person in our party, a runner, had difficulty breathing with the smoke. The service was better I guess because there wasn't as many people there but they still were not very friendly.
----------
I don't know who you think you are insinuating
I'm Will Dockery, and I "insinuated" you were mistaken because I've been to Mama's Pub, know the owner, and know I've never had the problems you're coming up with here.

The place is clean and the service is splendid.

What can I say but suspect you have an agenda against Mama's Pub, as so many anonymous posters here on Topix.com have about this and that they want to vent a grudge on.

Fair enough?
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Tidbit of info wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
I don't know who you think you are insinuating that someone is a liar just because they give their honest review of their experiences at a place. Maybe you are the owner or someone who works there you will take your blinders off and see what other people are seeing instead of calling them a liar on Topix.
I see you've met Will Dockery. He is known on this Topix for intolerance on opposing views and experiences of other users, especially if they conflict his views and experiences.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Smiths Station Panthers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've met Will Dockery.

<bitter whining snipped>
Wow!

You just never miss a beat when you get a chance to go "Will Dockery Bashing", do you, my obsesed little friend?

And you claim you're not carrying a little grudge around. In the words of Obama:

"How transparent."

--
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
You just never miss a beat when you get a chance to go "Will Dockery Bashing", do you, my obsesed little friend?
And you claim you're not carrying a little grudge around. In the words of Obama:
"How transparent."
--
Now Will, I am not bashing you. You know good and well that if someone disagrees with you or see's things differently than you, you bash them on here. You have called me a liar or said that I have a grudge or agenda just like you did this person.
They were only giving their account of the place you posted about and YOU did not miss an opportunity to discredit their opinion or experience even saying they were lying.
I have disagreed with people, including you, on here about everything from politics to Barbeque yet I don't feel the need to call anyone a liar or state that they have an "agenda"
C'mon Will, lighten up, sheesh.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

<quoted text>
Now Will, I am not bashing you.
Okay, I'll take your word for it on that, but you sure seem to scuttle right in gleefully to post your misinformation and other false statements about me, whatever you want to call it.

--
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll take your word for it on that, but you sure seem to scuttle right in gleefully to post your misinformation and other false statements about me, whatever you want to call it.
--
No, you are wrong.
I have posted about some local events and my problem with them, how is that "about you"?
I have posted about politics and my problems with that, how is that "about you"?
Just because you start a topic like this one about something and someone doesn't like that something, it is not a personal attack against you.
Why would you even think that?

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

<quoted text>
how is that "about you"?
What, you don't even read your own posts?

Or you don't even know what message you're sending when you write and post your obsessive whining about me?

You wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've met Will Dockery. He is known on this Topix for intolerance on opposing views and experiences of other users, especially if they conflict his views and experiences.
Thanks for proving my point for me.

--

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

<quoted text>

Why would you even think that?
The only reason I would think it is because here you are, day after day, posting the same rubbish about me.

Get it?

--
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Am I wrong in what I've said? You have done the same thing to me time and time again when I post.
You've called me a liar just as you did that person and was letting them know how it is when you post something that YOU don't agree with.
Are you now backtracking and saying you don't do that?
I can point out example after example of you "bashing" someone after they post something YOU do not agree with.
You personally attack someone for thinking differently and I called you on it and PROVED that is what you do. But you twist it and try and make me be the one who is doing wrong by pointing that out.
Understand now.
Secondly, I am not on here "day after day".

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

<quoted text>
And we see he has met the whining anonymous trroll known as Panther... heh.

--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery:
https://soundcloud.com/jack-snipe/shark-pact-...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Am I wrong in what I've said?
I think you're wrong to continue following me around smearing my name like you did here, yes.

I belive anyone would feel the same as me if they have been continually followed and targeted with such misrepresentation and false statements as those you've made here and countless other places about me.

Why not just give the "Will Dockery bashing" a rest?

I don't see the point of it all except to show your obvious grudge and agenda to attempt to smear me... who knows why or whem I hurt your feelings so, but whatever it was, I apologize.

Fair enough?

--
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're wrong to continue following me around smearing my name like you did here, yes.
I belive anyone would feel the same as me if they have been continually followed and targeted with such misrepresentation and false statements as those you've made here and countless other places about me.
Why not just give the "Will Dockery bashing" a rest?
I don't see the point of it all except to show your obvious grudge and agenda to attempt to smear me... who knows why or whem I hurt your feelings so, but whatever it was, I apologize.
Fair enough?
--
I don't follow you around bashing. You got mad at me when I was critiquing $DooNanny$ and the admission charge. You said I had a "personal vendetta" or "axe to grind" with someone and that simply was not the case as I said time and time again.
I don't hold a grudge against you or anyone, it would seem Will Dockery, that you hold a grudge against me.
Again, I never "FOLLOW" you, I post HERE about the same things you do at my own area's Topix. This isn't YOUR exclusive board nor does every comment here ABOUT you.
Any problems you have with other posters has nothing whatsoever to do with me, understand.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

<quoted text>
I don't follow you around bashing.

<endlessly silly whining and false statements snipped>
Actually, your post of earlier shows exactly otherwise.

Here it is:
<quoted text>

<endlessly silly whining and misrepresentation snipped>
Why don't you find something else that interests you to write about, already?

Everyone here should be well aware of your obsessive grudge against me by now, don't you think?

Fair enough?

--

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

<quoted text>
You got mad at me when I was critiquing $DooNanny$ and the admission charge.
Wrong again, Panther.

I was never "mad" at you over your silly fixation over Doo-Nanny charging a measely ten bucks for admission... I simply told you that if you couldn't afford to go to Doo-Nanny, perhaps you should find another, more affordable festival.

You had to even be corrected with the fact that Doo-Nanny has charged admission for a couple of years, already, which I noticed you got really quiet about around that time.

So you don't like Doo-Nanny, you hate the local music scene, you have some strange fixation and grudge against me... fine. Why not post about all these things and then move on to something else?

Why the endless posts bashing me, Doo-Nanny, the local music scene, all the little things that seem to keep you either awake at night or stamping your little feet in frsutation?

Why keep trying to smear my name over and over here?

What is it that you're trying to achieve by posting these lies, false statements and misrepresentations of "Will Dockery", when I supposedly don't even know you?

--

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

<quoted text>

I don't hold a grudge against you or anyone
That's great, so why do you insist on following me around posting your attempts at smearing my name with misrepresentations, false statements and other statements that indicate that you do have some sort of negative agenda against me?

Obviously you didn't have to jump in spewing all this bs against me, but you did, and the term for what you are doin is "bashing".

Any casual reader can see that, so why coninue it if you claim to not feel that way?

--
Smiths Station Panthers

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2013

How can I follow you on our local board, by your logic, I cannot post here if you are, silly.
I have been posting here for 3 or 4 years and have noticed that you are mean and "bash" anyone who disagrees with you, that is a proven fact.
I won't argue $DooNanny$ with you anymore because it is useless, I noticed though you became rather quiet when it was pointed out to you that the much ballyhooed NY Times article was if fact about the owner of the property and in the "Homes & Garden" section. Not the coveted "Arts" section.
You could be away from this board for weeks but let someone mention something they don't like about a nightclubs or local band and you go into attack mode.
I have gone for months without discussing anything having to do with you but some person posts something and you immediately bashed them and called them a liar and I spoke my mind about that because that is the exact same think YOU did to me over $DooNanny$.
You jumped on me because I was looking forward to the CutBait festival but could careless about the same old same old local stuff. I even went into detail on why I feel the way I do yet you still had to bash me.
I disagree with you much but only ever call you on it when you bash me or another poster like you did here.
Have you noticed that most of the people who used to post here no longer do, except Jim Pickens and his political topics.
This used to be a thriving board that would make me laugh with some of the hilarious stuff and insightful posts by all. Not no more. All or most of the locals are gone.
Now..........
I will continue to post whatever opinions I have here about anything whether you like them or not, I will encourage others to do the same and if you are mean to anyone I will call you on it.
You best learn to deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••