How long before the Ledger Enquirer g...

How long before the Ledger Enquirer goes out of business

Created by Jim Pickens on Feb 26, 2010

24 votes

Click on an option to vote

1 month

1 year

2-3 years

Never

Not soon enough

What's the Ledger Enquirer

Jim Pickens

Columbus, GA

#1 Feb 26, 2010
Talk about a big time decline in quality, wow

“Community Organizer”

Since: Nov 08

Columbus, GA by way of Atlanta

#2 Feb 26, 2010
I think it'll be a long time before it goes completely under. It wouldn't really surprise me if it becomes a weekly paper within a few years, though. I don't anticipate it but it wouldn't shock me.
Truth B Told

Waverly Hall, GA

#3 Feb 26, 2010
Well lets just say I could roll with what they leave in my box. Full of lies anyway.
Jim Pickens

Columbus, GA

#4 Feb 27, 2010
In the paper today:
Ben Holden, vice president and executive editor of the Ledger-Enquirer, said Friday he is leaving the Columbus newspaper to take an academic position with the University of Nevada-Reno.

and the hits just keep on coming
Truth B Told

Waverly Hall, GA

#5 Feb 27, 2010
They could start selling toilet paper,so as whats in the paper is the same as whats on it.

“Maker of poetry, art & music”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#6 Jun 27, 2011
joshdash wrote:
I think it'll be a long time before it goes completely under. It wouldn't really surprise me if it becomes a weekly paper within a few years, though. I don't anticipate it but it wouldn't shock me.
How many old timers here remember the old Thursday newspaper, which briefly ended the L-E's local newspaper monopoly?

http://www.wikinfo.org/index.php/J._Edward_Wi...

"...J. Edward Wilson Wilson was publisher and editor in 1973 and 1974 of the short-lived Columbus newspaper Thursday (newspaper).

In July 1973, Thursday Newspaper was announced for Columbus, Georgia, founded and funded by John Amos, who also founded the AFLAC Insurance Company. For editor-publisher, Amos selected Wilson, known for his hard-hitting broadcast editorials on WDAK radio. The first weekly 48 page edition of Thursday was published on September 20, 1973, the front page headline reading:

"Thursday New Day For City: Long Standing Newspaper Monopoly Broken By Competitive Publication."

Wilson wrote in his editorial "I have never heard of a city where the public attitude is as favorable for the publication of a new newspaper as it is in this city right now."

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Yep

Columbus, GA

#7 Jun 28, 2011
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Wilson wrote in his editorial "I have never heard of a city where the public attitude is as favorable for the publication of a new newspaper as it is in this city right now."
Guess he was wrong.

Columbus, GA

#8 Jun 29, 2011
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess he was wrong.
Possibly they just went about it in the wrong way.
SSgt

Columbus, GA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
Well the vote for one month missed the mark.
Smiths Station Panthers

Pittsview, AL

#10 Mar 26, 2013
I haven't read the local paper in years.
Rusty Houser

Locust Grove, GA

#11 Mar 26, 2013
The subject of the Ledger is parallel to all subjects of consequence in the entire US, the #1 being racial statistics. They are censored by the media / black block vote / business political alliance. The latest subject of their censoring, the economic bottom line truths, will be their downfall. What is ahead is a worse case scenario for the alliance and the brainwashed. Those with morals accept the possibility of death as opposed to lowering themselves,without fear,OR RACIAL PREJUDICE.
Ronnie

Columbus, GA

#12 Mar 26, 2013
Tell it, tell it.

http://youtu.be/c80ErUAIaVs

Columbus, GA

#14 May 23, 2015
Shelly wrote:
The did have to sell their old building and move into a new smaller place.
Print media is certainly taking a beating with all the online reading that is available.

Columbus, GA

#15 Jun 3, 2015
Now that they've scaled down and caught up more withe the times, probably never.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 1 hr Guerrilla 497
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 2 hr Kelly 2,004
Word Association (May '15) 3 hr Will Dockery 1,350
News a Oh, man. All hell broke loose,a witness says ... 15 hr Will Dockery 227
Poll Is the Columbus music scene legitimate (Jul '12) 15 hr Will Dockery 6,368
News Bonds set for man accused of fatally injuring w... 23 hr George Jackson III 1
News Man shot outside of Columbus apartment Fri George Jackson III 4

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages