Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took ...

Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took No Action During Benghazi Attack

There are 422 comments on the townhall.com story from Feb 16, 2013, titled Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took No Action During Benghazi Attack. In it, townhall.com reports that:

Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at townhall.com.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#426 Apr 7, 2013
Darryl wrote:
Obama f---ed up and tried to cover his azz. He knew he would always have those who will believe whatever he said, you all are proof of that.
By the time Obama and Clinton figured it out and help arrived in Benghazi, it was too late and the Ambassador was dead.
Obama f---ed up people, thats it, plain and simple.
the ambassador was dead by the time the White house knew of the attack.

you really should learn about a subject before you make a fool of yourself trying to talk about it.
Darryl

Columbus, GA

#427 Apr 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the ambassador was dead by the time the White house knew of the attack.
you really should learn about a subject before you make a fool of yourself trying to talk about it.
yeah and he died of a heart attack before the attack ever started, and it was a American crazed killer who got the rest, luckily the Libyans took him out for us.
That as plausible as the lame excuses you bought, please tell us all here how it feels to be so clueless and stupid as to believe everything you hear because they are of the same political mindset.
Keep sitting in your highchair and taking your spoonfed mush and thanking those who give it to you.....fool.

St. Croix valley

#428 Apr 7, 2013
Darryl wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah and he died of a heart attack before the attack ever started, and it was a American crazed killer who got the rest, luckily the Libyans took him out for us.
That as plausible as the lame excuses you bought, please tell us all here how it feels to be so clueless and stupid as to believe everything you hear because they are of the same political mindset.
Keep sitting in your highchair and taking your spoonfed mush and thanking those who give it to you.....fool.
No, the ambassador died of smoke inhalation.

you really should learn before posting...
see the light

United States

#429 Apr 7, 2013
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>How did the survivors and the bodies get out if they had been left to die and responders had been told to "stand down?"
Did they WALK the 630 miles to Tripoli?
Why can't y'all answer such a simple question?
Because you're full of shit, that's why.
Ya, they decided to send help....like 5 hours after they were dead. Just like your'e brain.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#430 Apr 7, 2013
The WhiteHouse Strategy is Hide/Distract until the 'bump in the road', wears down.
That is a lot of walking.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#432 Apr 8, 2013
republicans are history for the next 4 years and there is't anything they can do about it. They sure do try and persuade all of us who are'nt republicans to put another circus freak in office. I believe that Americans will never turn to republicans again, maybe a well-balanced third party would have a chance and be welcomed to run against a democrat.
Rex in Rex

United States

#433 Apr 8, 2013
It's not about the democrats or the republicans at this point, there isn't that much difference anymore.
I have been a democrat my whole life but I can say without hesitation Obama is a really bad president. Maybe the worst.
Bush was bad but he rose to the occasion after 911 and led this country.
I expected Obama to lead us through these awful economic times but he is making it worse.
He seems more concerned about gay marriage and gun control and other stuff that don't matter now.
He should have made jobs and the economy #1 from day one.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#434 Apr 8, 2013
Obama should step down after a public flogging.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#435 Apr 8, 2013
Hillary needs to be in a penitentiary.
Rice should be put in blocks in the public square and be spat upon by all.

St. Croix valley

#436 Apr 8, 2013
Rex in Rex wrote:
It's not about the democrats or the republicans at this point, there isn't that much difference anymore.
I have been a democrat my whole life but I can say without hesitation Obama is a really bad president. Maybe the worst.
Bush was bad but he rose to the occasion after 911 and led this country.
I expected Obama to lead us through these awful economic times but he is making it worse.
He seems more concerned about gay marriage and gun control and other stuff that don't matter now.
He should have made jobs and the economy #1 from day one.
how exactly did Bush rise to the occasion and lead us after 9-11? by telling us to go shopping? by starting a war unrelated to terrorism because of personal wishes? please be specific in how you think he rose to the occasion?

St. Croix valley

#437 Apr 8, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
Obama should step down after a public flogging.
Oh i don't think he would flog you. he would pity your stupidity, but he wouldn't flog you.
tellin it like it is

Jasper, GA

#438 Apr 8, 2013
why would he make a call? He's not a leader....worst President this country has ever seen, hands down! And I'm a Dem....hate to admit it at this point!

St. Croix valley

#439 Apr 8, 2013
tellin it like it is wrote:
why would he make a call? He's not a leader....worst President this country has ever seen, hands down! And I'm a Dem....hate to admit it at this point!
yet he and hillary both made the needed calls.

ignorance is typical of Dems...

St. Croix valley

#441 Apr 9, 2013
Deal With It wrote:
<quoted text>You are a dumbazz. The SOB's went to bed to only wake up to fly to NV for a fund raiser. Azz hats like you who voted this moron in to office that is the reason our country is messed up. Freaking moron.
Yup, they got the military doing what the military is supposed to do in such a situation. what else should they have done? flown one of the planes?

please replace the flowers on the graves when you are done dancing...

St. Croix valley

#443 Apr 9, 2013
Deal With It wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said moron. You are a fcking dumbazz and I will replace the flowers once I get done dancing on your grave retard once you kill yourself for being the dumbest bastard on earth hell in the universe for that matter.
Awww... did you get shown to be a fool again? are your little feelings hurt?

if you had any facts , you would have shown them.

tell me, you blame Obama for going to NV after the Benghazi attack, but after the 9-11 attacks in NY and DC on our own soil...where did Bush go? you see, the Pres. can monitor situations wherever they go. they have more connectivity to the world when they travel than most rulers have in their own offices.

grow up and learn about your own country like a real citizen would...

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#446 Apr 10, 2013
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Very good question.
Ask Lidsay Graham, John McCain,Mitch McConnell, Darrell Issa, etc.... They All could have subpoenaed the survivors to testify at the Congressional Hearings but DIDN'T.
You'd think the testimony of the people there would be valuable if you were interesting in finding the truth. Seems they were only interesting in Grandstanding and making a big show of chewing out people who Weren't there.
Survivors testifying that they wouldn't be alive if help hadn't been sent doesn't really support that narrative, does it.
They don't want answers, they want sound bites to feed to simpletons.
Hillary and Obama Still need to answer for their inaction and disregard for the safety of U.S. personnel despite the multiple requests for more security and multiple warnings. And yes, this should be news the the MSM should cover. It shouldn't take Congressmen wrestling it out to get the truth, but so far their requests to interview the survivors is being blocked by the Obama administration. http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardminiter/20...
see the light

United States

#447 Apr 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet he and hillary both made the needed calls.
ignorance is typical of Dems...
Really, Leon Panetta admitted they made no calls.
columbus native

Edmond, OK

#448 Apr 10, 2013
republicans are history for the next happy days. bush was by far the worst ever and all those who support the republican party can sit back and whine wnine whine just like a dog with ear mites, you deserve it!
see the light

United States

#449 Apr 10, 2013
columbus native wrote:
republicans are history for the next happy days. bush was by far the worst ever and all those who support the republican party can sit back and whine wnine whine just like a dog with ear mites, you deserve it!
You think we deserve to have America destroyed by Obama, well unfortunately your'e here too-think about that.

St. Croix valley

#450 Apr 11, 2013
see the light wrote:
<quoted text>Really, Leon Panetta admitted they made no calls.
After they talked to the people needed to get the ball rolling. good leaders let the people who know what they are doing do it.

perhaps you misunderstood the timeline giving by the military which included the OK from the White House..or more likely, you haven't bothered to learn about he issue you are talking about and just parrot shit you hear from whackjob media sources...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*keep a word- drop a word* Game (May '15) 4 hr Will Dockery 821
Mayors tattoos 20 hr Will Dockery 3
Word Association (May '15) 20 hr Will Dockery 411
News Columbus driving has its quirks May 23 Will Dockery 3
Obama's Dystopian Society May 20 Anonymous 3
Is Columbus a good place to live? (Sep '08) May 20 Isabelle 3,162
News Asheville Art Talk: Matt Tommey, not A typical ... May 19 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages