Confirmed: Obama Made No Calls, Took No Action During Benghazi Attack

Feb 16, 2013 Full story: townhall.com 422

Last week, Lindsey Graham's unrelenting line of questioning compelled Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to confirm under oath that not a single military asset was deployed to help rescue besieged US personnel in the course of a terrorist raid in Benghazi, Libya.

Full Story
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#246 Mar 3, 2013
[QUOTE who="gossamerA real leader like Reagan who had both democrat houses made it work. And Clinton with both houses Repulican made it work.[/QUOTE]Notice how neither of them had Tea Party zealots, idiots who try to claim that the president's birth certificate is fake, and a grown man who bursts into tears like little bitch to deal with?

Comprimise and results take BOTH sides.

Your boys have been too busy throwing tantrums to take care of the business of this country.

Since: Mar 12

Atlanta, GA

#247 Mar 3, 2013
Bill in CIayton County wrote:
<quoted text>
Accountability no matter the party in power, hmmmm, isn't that the way its supposed to be? We are way off track here in this country I think.
Yep, too many folks just letting Odumbo do whatever and not questioning.
They stayed on Bush's azz, but they got their boy in office and giving him a pass at the cost of peoples lives, the economy and national security.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#248 Mar 3, 2013
_Zipper_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, too many folks just letting Odumbo do whatever and not questioning.
They stayed on Bush's azz, but they got their boy in office and giving him a pass at the cost of peoples lives, the economy and national security.
Actually, i think your posts plays better to Bush's administration...
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#249 Mar 3, 2013
Well time to get past Benghazi. Reckon why it is so hard to find pepto bismol in the store nowadays? These republican idiots are still sulking over the election where we independents had to pull the plug on them. WMD''s and many republicans still believe Saddam had them. Well the sequestor is here, and now its nut-cutting time at the pork barrell militatry. DEA and FBI agents are now going to be furloughed bless their little hearts. Now there will be less violators of our constitution. What a GREAT day for America!

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, TX

#250 Mar 3, 2013
Libs are quick to sweep the mistakes and indiscretions of those in their party under the rug as quickly as possible.
I have not seen a bigger bunch of hypocrites in my life.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#251 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What about Benghazi? that was obama's fault? is everything obama's fault to you? you sound exactly like all the people who used to say that about bush II...exactly.
get a life...become a better citizen than just parroting media soundbytes.
You are in love with Obama. No one can take you serious.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#252 Mar 3, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
Well time to get past Benghazi. Reckon why it is so hard to find pepto bismol in the store nowadays? These republican idiots are still sulking over the election where we independents had to pull the plug on them. WMD''s and many republicans still believe Saddam had them. Well the sequestor is here, and now its nut-cutting time at the pork barrell militatry. DEA and FBI agents are now going to be furloughed bless their little hearts. Now there will be less violators of our constitution. What a GREAT day for America!
The sequester was OBAMA's IDEA, Gomer. Now he pretends it's the Republican's fault because he knows the propaganda outlets that used to be news agencies will cover his ass.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#253 Mar 3, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>
HOw MANY PEOLE DID W SAVE RIGHT HERE ON AMERICAN SOIL DURING 9-11???
NONE. After the first plane nothing was done no help came, ther were not even fighters in the air when the last plane was taken back by the passengers and cradhed in a field.
Obama got MOST of the people out of Bengazi unharmed.
AND OBAMA ACTUALLY KILLED THE GUY RESPONSIBE FOR 9-11.
W COULDN'T DO IT IN 8 YEARS. AND INVADED @ COUNTRIES
I know I was yelling but you GOP guys are just stupid.
Nobama didn't kill shyte.

Bush put in the policies after 9/11 that got bin laden. Bush captured the terroists who gave the info on the courier that later gave info on the doctor who is NOW rotting in a pakistani jail.

Slicke willie clinton let al queda run wild, allowed the terroists to train here, did NOTHING about the US Embassy attacks in Narobi, nothing about the Air Force barracks attacks in Saudi, nothing about the USS Cole all done by al queda. YOU are gullible and stupid, boy.

Thes policies, designed by Bush after 9/11 is what your messiah is STILL using.

Special operations forces. One of the first steps taken by President Bush after Sept. 11 was to revive, fund and expand special operations forces as the dog that would hunt down and kill terrorists.
President Bush also made U.S. Special Operations a war-independent command, just like U.S. Central Command, meaning it could plan and execute its own battle plans.
The U.S. Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), the Army's Delta Force and Navy’s SEAL Team 6 mostly had focused on hostage rescue. After Sept. 11, they started receiving the manpower and intelligence to become manhunters. Their biggest successes: Saddam Hussein; al Qaeda’s top Iraq terrorist, Abu Musab Zarqawi; and Osama bin Laden.
Special Ops/Intelligence. The Bush administration fused commandos with the nation’s intelligence agencies — the CIA, the National Security Agency and the Defense Intelligence Agency — into task forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
President Bush also transferred a highly secretive military intelligence unit, which specialized in technical surveillance and intercepts, to the Joint Special Operations Command so that commandos and intelligence experts could work together directly.
Predator strikes. The Bush administration established Predator drone bases in Pakistan to strike at al Qaeda and Taliban extremists in that country’s frontier badlands, where U.S. ground troops cannot go.

Get to bed, the short bus leaves early on Monday.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#254 Mar 3, 2013
Columbus Native wrote:
108 democrats voted to go to Iraq, including Hillary. The violator in chief is still in the WH.

St. Croix valley

#255 Mar 3, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in love with Obama. No one can take you serious.
you'd think i would have voted for him then, yet i didn't.

perhaps you are confusing me supporting facts with supporting obama...

high end brain function isn't your forte...
Democracynow org

Oakdale, NY

#259 Mar 4, 2013
Just for the record, under Richard Clarke's leadership as Czar of Counterterrorism:
CLINTON developed the nation's first anti-terrorism policy, and appointed first national coordinator of anti-terrorist efforts.
Bill Clinton stopped cold the Al Qaeda millennium hijacking and bombing plots. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to kill the Pope. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up 12 U.S. jetliners simultaneously. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up UN Headquarters. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up FBI Headquarters. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up the Israeli Embassy in Washington. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up Boston airport. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up Lincoln and Holland Tunnels in NY. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up the George Washington Bridge. Bill Clinton stopped cold a planned attack to blow up the US Embassy in Albania. Bill Clinton tried to kill Osama bin Laden and disrupt Al Qaeda through preemptive strikes (efforts denounced by the G.O.P.). Bill Clinton brought perpetrators of first World Trade Center bombing and CIA killings to justice. Bill Clinton did not blame the Bush I administration for first WTC bombing even though it occurred 38 days after Bush left office. Instead, worked hard, even obsessively - and successfully - to stop future terrorist attacks. Bill Clinton named the Hart-Rudman commission to report on nature of terrorist threats and major steps to be taken to combat terrorism. Bill Clinton sent legislation to Congress to tighten airport security.(Remember, this is before 911) The legislation was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the airlines. Bill Clinton sent legislation to Congress to allow for better tracking of terrorist funding. It was defeated by Republicans in the Senate because of opposition from banking interests. Bill Clinton sent legislation to Congress to add tagents to explosives, to allow for better tracking of explosives used by terrorists. It was defeated by the Republicans because of opposition from the NRA. Bill Clinton increased the military budget by an average of 14 per cent, reversing the trend under Bush I. Bill Clinton tripled the budget of the FBI for counterterrorism and doubled overall funding for counterterrorism. Bill Clinton detected and destroyed cells of Al Qaeda in over 20 countries. Bill Clinton created national stockpile of drugs and vaccines including 40 million doses of smallpox vaccine.
Of Clinton's efforts says Robert Oakley, Reagan Ambassador for Counterterrorism: "Overall, I give them very high marks" and "The only major criticism I have is the obsession with Osama".
Paul Bremer, current Civilian Administrator of Iraq disagrees slightly with Robert Oakley as he believed the Bill Clinton Administration had "correctly focused on bin Laden.
Barton Gellman in the Washington Post put it best, "By any measure available, Bill Clinton left office having given greater priority to terrorism than any president before him" and was the "first administration to undertake a systematic anti-terrorist effort".
Clarence Swinney,
Political Historian

St. Croix valley

#260 Mar 4, 2013
Forte wrote:
You are into forte.
and you probably pronounced it for-tay...
reasoning with fools

Coffeyville, KS

#261 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
how could Obama have done nothing, as the headline suggests, if Panetta was involved?
Another blatent lie in this partisan witch hunt? and a stupid one at that! imagine...
Because Obama is "Commander in Chief" dumbass!!! DUH! Do you liberals take a class on how to be such morons or is it just natural? The only lie being told by anyone is that Obama is president of the United States instead of calling him President of the Muslim Brotherhood. They are the only ones he seems interested in helping anyway.

St. Croix valley

#262 Mar 4, 2013
reasoning with fools wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Obama is "Commander in Chief" dumbass!!! DUH! Do you liberals take a class on how to be such morons or is it just natural? The only lie being told by anyone is that Obama is president of the United States instead of calling him President of the Muslim Brotherhood. They are the only ones he seems interested in helping anyway.
Well, i'm not a liberal at all.

You really don't understand what you are I said, do you?(how can you reason with fools when you can't reason?)

if Panetta was involved, that means that Obama was involved, the SecDef does not act in sutuations like this on his own. you cannot even understand 1st grade level logic...sheesh!

Keep parroting media soundbyte you don't understand...pretty bird!
reasoning with fools

Coffeyville, KS

#263 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, i'm not a liberal at all.
You really don't understand what you are I said, do you?(how can you reason with fools when you can't reason?)
if Panetta was involved, that means that Obama was involved, the SecDef does not act in sutuations like this on his own. you cannot even understand 1st grade level logic...sheesh!
Keep parroting media soundbyte you don't understand...pretty bird!
Perhaps if you pocessed the ability to form a sentence that made sense one could understand your rambling.

"you really don't understand what you are I said, do you?"

I really don't understand what you said here, how the hell do you expect anyone to understand that?

St. Croix valley

#264 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Perhaps if you pocessed the ability to form a sentence that made sense one could understand your rambling.
I really don't understand what you said here, how the hell do you expect anyone to understand that?
that is a perfectly good sentence.

you need a perfectly good brain.

go away little minded person...you are not worthy

St. Croix valley

#265 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
oops, my apologies. it should be you or I said, not you are I said.

regardless, you don't seem to be able to grasp the idea that Obama was involved if Panetta was involved.

not a tough concept and the sentences I used to convey that idea were grammatically correct.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#266 Mar 4, 2013
Why were all the previous attacks and escalations ignored? This attack did not just come out of nowhere, there was rising violence in that area and direct attacks on the Embassy leading up to the full scale battle that killed our people.http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/ho...

St. Croix valley

#267 Mar 4, 2013
Naughtyrobot wrote:
Why were all the previous attacks and escalations ignored? This attack did not just come out of nowhere, there was rising violence in that area and direct attacks on the Embassy leading up to the full scale battle that killed our people.http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/10/ho...
What makes you think they were ignored?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#268 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you think they were ignored?
Well, how do I answer this politely in small enough words...?
You see young child, The President gets these things called security briefings and supposedly intelligent aides and staff keep him informed of the goings on of the business of the United States of America, and the happenings and reports from our official Embassies across the globe provide the data. Even President Clinton paid attention to these. That's how we got involved in Somalia and Kosovo and such. Now the Benghazi Embassy sent numerous official requests and reports to this Administration, and they were very obviously ignored. Then Susan Rice was given wrong information from the White House that a YouTube video was the reason for the attack and that the attack was spontaneous, and maintained that lie for a long period of time, even after the truth was known. Truth was, this was a pre-planned attack with heavy weapons, with several "soft" probes beforehand, by extremist Islamic terorrists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 11th Annual New Year's Eve Ball begins at 7... 9 hr Cosmic Cauliflower 3
Announcement 9 hr Cosmic Cauliflower 25
Robin's Music 20 hr Columbus Insider 1
The Electric Toadstool - early rock club in Col... Sat Will Dockery 7
F.Y.E to close Columbus store Sat Will Dockery 7
Who will end up being the NCAA College Footbal... Sat anonymous obsesso 2
Columbus nightlife: Who is playing where this w... (Sep '13) Fri Will Dockery 23
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:39 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:39PM