Want GOOD music? Ponderosa at The Loft TONIGHT (1/25)!!

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Since: Dec 12

Valley, AL

#1 Jan 25, 2013
PONDEROSA ( http://www.ponderosamusic.com/ )

"Featuring former members of The Butch Walker Band, Sovus Radio and Variac, Ponderosa’s rhythm section has the chops to craft timeless, impeccable songs. Singer Kalen Nash’s voice has often been described as “golden,” though this gold is equal parts honey and whiskey. The group’s three-part harmonies, jaw-dropping performances, and rock-and-roll lifestyle make them truly peerless, which is why Ponderosa is already a favorite among industry professionals…"-William Cane (Performer Magazine)

VIDEO: Navajo:

VIDEO: Old Gin Road (Off The Ave Live): http://www.youtube.com/watch...
VIDEO: Hold On You (Live): http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Non-local national touring band that's big on the "indie rock" scene performing all night for only a $5 cover/ticket. They said on their Twitter account that it "will be the show of the year".

Buy tickets: https://boutique.theloft.com/index.php...
Poster for show: http://i.imgur.com/rcLUT.jpg

Since: Dec 12

Valley, AL

#2 Jan 25, 2013
Tomorrow night (1/26) will be another BIG one with A Thousand Horses headlining and Poanna opening!

A THOUSAND HORSES ( http://www.athousandhorses.com/ )

"What is most unique about the band is their way of flawlessly combining a bit of R&B with sounds from the bass and drums that resemble those of rock legends like the Rolling Stones. A Thousand Horses’ ability to show off their skills is evident in their naturally harmonizing music. The record is undoubtedly exactly what a rock record should be: fun, simple, and lyrically unforgettable.

In A Word: Classic" - The Aquarian Weekly

VIDEO: Landslide (Official Video): http://youtu.be/5qXlziaTP9k
VIDEO: Trailer Trashed (Live at 12th & Porter): http://youtu.be/F0OJgosrH1s
VIDEO: Tennessee Whiskey (Official Video): http://youtu.be/zrIiS-Well8

POANNA ( http://www.poannamusic.com/ )

Poanna, a band out of Columbus, Georgia by way of Australia and parts unknown, rides that fine line between folk, rock, Americana, and polka (when the mood strikes). Call it what you want but it sure feels good!

Another non-local national touring act (ATH has been on the road with Kip Moore who they played with this week at The Georgia Theatre in Athens, Blackberry Smoke, and are a regular staple on the Lynyrd Skynyrd and KISS cruises) with one of the more promising local bands, POANNA, kicking off the party for only $5. Show starts at 10pm!

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#3 Jan 25, 2013
josh_green wrote:
Tomorrow night (1/26) will be another BIG one with A Thousand Horses headlining and Poanna opening!
A THOUSAND HORSES ( http://www.athousandhorses.com/ )
"What is most unique about the band is their way of flawlessly combining a bit of R&B with sounds from the bass and drums that resemble those of rock legends like the Rolling Stones. A Thousand Horses’ ability to show off their skills is evident in their naturally harmonizing music. The record is undoubtedly exactly what a rock record should be: fun, simple, and lyrically unforgettable.
In A Word: Classic" - The Aquarian Weekly
VIDEO: Landslide (Official Video): http://youtu.be/5qXlziaTP9k
VIDEO: Trailer Trashed (Live at 12th & Porter): http://youtu.be/F0OJgosrH1s
VIDEO: Tennessee Whiskey (Official Video): http://youtu.be/zrIiS-Well8
POANNA ( http://www.poannamusic.com/ )
Poanna, a band out of Columbus, Georgia by way of Australia and parts unknown, rides that fine line between folk, rock, Americana, and polka (when the mood strikes). Call it what you want but it sure feels good!
Another non-local national touring act (ATH has been on the road with Kip Moore who they played with this week at The Georgia Theatre in Athens, Blackberry Smoke, and are a regular staple on the Lynyrd Skynyrd and KISS cruises) with one of the more promising local bands, POANNA, kicking off the party for only $5. Show starts at 10pm!
I came across Poanna on Reverb Nation also... great vibe and sound, and a truly great addition to the Columbus Georgia music scene!

http://www.reverbnation.com/poanna

Love Is Lead / Poanna:

http://www.reverbnation.com/poanna/song/15410...
Travis

Griffin, GA

#4 Jan 25, 2013
Ah, the pathetic night life in Columbus.
Could it possibly get any f/<king worse?

Since: Dec 12

Valley, AL

#5 Jan 25, 2013
Really? Yes, it can get worse. Trust me.

These are 2 national touring acts at the best venue in town. I wish there was more going on in this town but there isn't which is why I try to do my best in bringing QUALITY entertainment to Columbus while I'm here.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#6 Jan 25, 2013
josh_green wrote:
Really? Yes, it can get worse. Trust me.
These are 2 national touring acts at the best venue in town. I wish there was more going on in this town but there isn't which is why I try to do my best in bringing QUALITY entertainment to Columbus while I'm here.
And, again, Poanna is prettdarned good even if they are a local band!

--
Idle Hour Night / Shadowville All-Stars
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Travis wrote:
Ah, the pathetic night life in Columbus.
Could it possibly get any f/<king worse?
Yeah, you should have seen what Downtown Columbus/Phenix City was like back about twenty years ago... heh.

--
Idle Hour Night / Shadowville All-Stars
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

Since: Dec 12

Valley, AL

#8 Jan 28, 2013

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#9 Jan 29, 2013
josh_green wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PI_QxykEBBQXX
Keeping it local, Josh, thanks for turning me on to Poanna, they are an excellent group of musicians:

I came across Poanna on Reverb Nation also... great vibe and sound, and a truly great addition to the Columbus Georgia music scene!

http://www.reverbnation.com/poanna

Love Is Lead / Poanna:

http://www.reverbnation.com/poanna/song/15410...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#11 Jan 29, 2013
So it goes wrote:
Poanna could have naturally flowered but the old goat wandered over into their garden. Maybe if ya'll stay near Athens the goat won't have gas money to go that far. All the real music people should fan out and avoid the goat getting in their garden.
If they're gonna make it there will be no stopping them, my anonymous and bitterly jealous little friend.

--
Scenes of Hogbottom:

http://youtu.be/EBpnUOepRZg

Since: Dec 12

Valley, AL

#12 Jan 29, 2013
That video is Ponderosa, not Poanna. Ponderosa isn't local.

Poanna was great Saturday night, though. They opened up for A Thousand Horses. Nashville songwriter (Montgomery Gentry, Billy Currington, and more) and Jamey Johnson's guitarist, Chris Hennessee, was also added to the line up. The Loft reached capacity and was 1 in/1 out that night.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#13 Jan 29, 2013
josh_green wrote:
That video is Ponderosa, not Poanna. Ponderosa isn't local.
Poanna was great Saturday night, though. They opened up for A Thousand Horses. Nashville songwriter (Montgomery Gentry, Billy Currington, and more) and Jamey Johnson's guitarist, Chris Hennessee, was also added to the line up. The Loft reached capacity and was 1 in/1 out that night.
Yeah, I knew that, Josh, I watched the little video clip of the Ponderosa, but there wasn't enough there for me to get a feel for whether they were that impressive for me.

I was thanking you for turning me on to the Poanna group... they are indeed excellent and something fresh for this area!

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
He said what wrote:
Watch it everyone. He gets TURNED ON he says.
It is a figure of speech, my semi-literate and anonymous little friend.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Is it a figure wrote:
Is it a figure of speech when you asked ROBIN if there is a link so you could SAMPLE her thirteen year old cousin's musical talent?
You seem to be projecting your own fantasies here, my anonymous troll, since that's not what I wrote.

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Hes sixty five wrote:
He is sixty five years old. why is he all over these forum threads?
And don't feel a day over 67.

--
Over You / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/4rvCp_xzWH8

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Everyones a troll wrote:
Everyone is a troll but him. He trolls all day every day. Watch him snip and post that last sentence. He is king of the trolls. Look at how many times his name is on the thread list. 99.9% of the names are his.
Not at all, I'm a real person, posting under my real identity about real issues. You, on the other hand, are an anonymous, unregistered troll, who spends his days sniffing behind me trying to start an argument.

See the difference/

No, the particular phenomenon of the anonymous trolls that target Topix.com Forums is well defined, as this post made earlier elsewhere today explains, defined by no less than the New York Times.

The "problem and animosity" seems to be a widespread problem with anonymous trolls such as you and others, hiding behind fake names and posting lies and smears against people.

Unfortunately for you, I fight back and correct your lies and misrepresentations about me... and label you for the trash you are. Truth hurts, eh?

The fact is that I'm just a real person posting here, while anonymous trolls such as you whatever fake name you're hiding behind today, create these threads apparently from some obsessed agenda they have to attempt to smear my name, libel, and otherwise misrepresent me. And from further reading, it appears to be a sort of Topix.com phenomenon that some don't seem to be able to deal with as well as I have.

For example:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/us/small-to...

"...a social media Web site called Topix, where they write and read startlingly negative posts, all cloaked in anonymity, about one another. And in Dee’s Place, people are not happy... called Topix a 'cesspool of character assassination.'[...] In rural America, older, poorer remote population lagged the rest of the country in embracing the Internet, the growing use of social media is raising familiar concerns about bullying and privacy... hubs of unsubstantiated gossip, stirring widespread resentment in communities where ties run deep, memories run long and anonymity is a novel concept.'Something about rural culture seems to make people want to have conversations in public,' Topix, a site lightly trafficked in cities, enjoys a dedicated and growing following across the Ozarks, Appalachia and much of the rural South, establishing an unexpected niche in communities of a few hundred or few thousand people..."

And, of course, there's a difference between free speech and libel. The posts made here and elsewhere on Topix.com by the trolls you asked about generally tend to fall into the latter category.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
One of Many

Americus, GA

#22 Jan 30, 2013
Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, I'm a real person, posting under my real identity about real issues. You, on the other hand, are an anonymous, unregistered troll, who spends his days sniffing behind me trying to start an argument.
See the difference/
No, the particular phenomenon of the anonymous trolls that target Topix.com Forums is well defined, as this post made earlier elsewhere today explains, defined by no less than the New York Times.
The "problem and animosity" seems to be a widespread problem with anonymous trolls such as you and others, hiding behind fake names and posting lies and smears against people.
Unfortunately for you, I fight back and correct your lies and misrepresentations about me... and label you for the trash you are. Truth hurts, eh?
The fact is that I'm just a real person posting here, while anonymous trolls such as you whatever fake name you're hiding behind today, create these threads apparently from some obsessed agenda they have to attempt to smear my name, libel, and otherwise misrepresent me. y
You are very wrong, just because you chose to use your real name and picture does not mean your posts are any better or valid.
You make the music scene the #1 topic here and when someone post something you don't like you say they are sniffing behind etc when in fact it is you sniffing behind them. Look at what happened with Robin from Riverdale Georgia, everything she posted about her time in Columbus you posted immediately after her, so who was sniffing?
You just could not stand that someone followed something you posted and ended up hating it.
I have yet to see an out of towner post anything positive about the garbage you post and promote here.
You are the one with the problem, you are the troll. You simply cannot stand that the overwhelming majority of people reject what you do and what you call art.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#23 Jan 30, 2013
One of Many wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very wrong, just because you chose to use your real name and picture does not mean your posts are any better or valid.
You make the music scene the #1 topic here and when someone post something you don't like you say they are sniffing behind etc when in fact it is you sniffing behind them. Look at what happened with Robin from Riverdale Georgia, everything she posted about her time in Columbus you posted immediately after her, so who was sniffing?
You just could not stand that someone followed something you posted and ended up hating it.
I have yet to see an out of towner post anything positive about the garbage you post and promote here.
You are the one with the problem, you are the troll. You simply cannot stand that the overwhelming majority of people reject what you do and what you call art.
Well thanks for giving your *anonymous* an unsurprisingly negative opinion... my point has already been made elsewhere so I won't bother with your typical trollish gibberish right now...

Fair enough?

And you forgot to add "In my opinion" to your frothy rant.

--
"Idle Hour Night" / Shadowville All-Stars 2013:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/...

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

#24 Jan 30, 2013
josh_green wrote:
POANNA ( http://www.poannamusic.com/ )
Poanna, a band out of Columbus, Georgia by way of Australia and parts unknown, rides that fine line between folk, rock, Americana, and polka (when the mood strikes). Call it what you want but it sure feels good!
Another non-local national touring act (ATH has been on the road with Kip Moore who they played with this week at The Georgia Theatre in Athens, Blackberry Smoke, and are a regular staple on the Lynyrd Skynyrd and KISS cruises) with one of the more promising local bands, POANNA, kicking off the party for only $5. Show starts at 10pm!
To keep this thread on topic and positive, here the link to Poanna again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muscogee County Jail first in nation with speci... 25 min CodSack 2
Janice Ford 19 hr James 1
News Flash Fri Mr Snyder 1
Obama’s and Democrat’s Illegals Thu David53g 1
Review: CHAPLAIN PAUL VOORHEES MINISTRIES Nov 19 Enemy Mine 8
Debate: Marijuana - Columbus, GA (Aug '10) Nov 18 ken 132
Is Today's Explicit Music Affecting Our Childre... Nov 18 Truth 3
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:19 pm PST

Bleacher Report10:19PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
NBC Sports 8:39 AM
Steven Jackson, Julio Jones practicing Friday
Bleacher Report 1:17 PM
Blake Bortles Reportedly Broke Up with Girlfriend Lindsey Duke
NBC Sports 2:24 PM
Column: NFL should realign after NFC South debacle - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Roman Harper fined $8,268 for unnecessary roughness