Chattahoochee Chatter: Mayor not satisfied with 'poll' results

Nov 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ledger-Enquirer.com

TV ran an online poll on Tuesday and Wednesday. The question: "It has been three years since Mayor Teresa Tomlinson took office in Columbus.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bierman

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

She's done OK. Just good that she won and not that inexperience Zeph character, his only experience was as a youth minister in his daddy's church.
Puh-leeze!!!!!

Since: Sep 13

Fort Benning, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Bierman wrote:
She's done OK. Just good that she won and not that inexperience Zeph character, his only experience was as a youth minister in his daddy's church.
Puh-leeze!!!!!
Yeah, let's get someone in that squanders even more money, lies about crime going down, and tells everyone that everything is ok. I could run against both of them and win. My first step? FIRE everyone on the council, and show the rich folks how much the other 98 percent of this town suffer because of them. Game, set, match.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Mayor not satisfied wit poll results.

Well, DUH! Crime is rampant, the Deliverance Project is a massive FAIL, and the citizens are suffering even more corruption and incompetence.

And TT wonders why this is happening? Look in the mirror...
Columbus Insider

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, let's get someone in that squanders even more money, lies about crime going down, and tells everyone that everything is ok. I could run against both of them and win. My first step? FIRE everyone on the council, and show the rich folks how much the other 98 percent of this town suffer because of them. Game, set, match.
I see why y'all got the boot from the Ledger.
The Columbus City Council is elected, not appointed by the mayor.
Statistic show crime has gone down, its just spread out all over Columbus instead of a few neighborhoods now.
Columbus Insider

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

riceboy1701e wrote:
Mayor not satisfied wit poll results.
Well, DUH! Crime is rampant, the Deliverance Project is a massive FAIL, and the citizens are suffering even more corruption and incompetence.
And TT wonders why this is happening? Look in the mirror...
The Whitewater project was well in the works before Tomlinson was elected mayor.
Are you stating that Mayor Tomlinson is corrupt? Please enumerate.
Her only mistake was not firing Isaiah Hugley, the city manager, when she took office.
She counted on his experience to help her and he has proved to be a liability.
emw12

Phenix City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Columbus Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah Hugley, the city manager, when she took office.
She counted on his experience to help her and he has proved to be a liability.
Isaiah Hugley, the city manager, and TT, the mayor are both LARGE liabilities.

Fort Benning, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

Columbus Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
I see why y'all got the boot from the Ledger.
The Columbus City Council is elected, not appointed by the mayor.
Statistic show crime has gone down, its just spread out all over Columbus instead of a few neighborhoods now.
First of all, idiot, we didn't "get the boot" from anything. I could go make 50 different comments on the L-E site, under 50 different names before the schmucks figured out what was happening. I just simply don't fall into the "I do what the newspaper tells me to do" category, because they don't like what is being said. Too bad their are thousands of other sites we can go to when we want to trash the city, and let others know what happens here, huh?

If crime is down, as you state, tell me why the illustrious newspaper of yours is reporting nothing BUT crime. Circle K robbed 3 times, Captain D's robbed twice, officer shoots and kills robber, numerous assault and battery cases, shootings left and right, and almost 20 homicides to date. The people of Columbus do not like the squandering of money to build new buildings for the so called "city workers" to sit their fat asses in and take a paycheck for nothing. The polls are pretty accurate according to the people I talk to here in town. Except for the folks benefiting from the current Mayor's term in office, NO ONE likes her, or the job she is doing. Time to wake up and get out of your little dream world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Judged:

emw12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since I do not live in Columbus, I can't say what happens there affects me personally. However, I do have family and friends who DO live there, and the political and social climate in Columbus hasn't changed in the past 30 years.

Of course, the Deliv...er, WW project was not initiated by TT. I never said it was. But it was a completely unnecessary project, benefiting only a certain privileged few, and meant solely to line to pockets of those like Turner and Uptown Columbus. It was certainly not built or designed with the average Columbusite in mind. People complain that there is nothing to do in Columbus, and this only adds to that problem. What needs to be done in Columbus is to get leadership who cares about the AVERAGE Columbus resident---someonoe who is not politically, socially or economically connected to the existing PTB and get things that they would like to see and have done. Instead, the current government continues to have its head up its you-know-what, the attitudes and thinking continue to be stagnant, and no one works to get anything accomplished. Yet, along comes a few rocks and machines placed in a river which was not designed to be treated in such a manner, and a "white water rafting course" (if it can jokingly be referred to as such) is manufactured, and it is mildly successful...and out come the kudos, backslapping and "attaboys" among the "in crowd" in Columbus. Poor Phenix City does not share in the sudden wealth, and the drumbeat goes on.

Columbus crime is all but ignored by the administration in the name of getting those dollars from the few who do venture into the germ-laden, polluted by Atlanta river water, and the city makes a few national headlines. Just sweep the bad Little League parents, the "Brokest City" and "Atlanta's Redheaded Stepchild" all under the rug. Columbus never has, and never intends to attempt to change this perception of the city.

So, Columbus Insider, Columbus Supporter, or whatever gleaming, sugar-coated moniker you are using today, don't attempt to distort the facts. Those few of us who know and have been around long enough to know better continue to see the malfeasance and corruption that continues in the CCG. And it starts at the top, and TT bears that ultimate responsibility.

Put that in your smoke and pipe it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

emw12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, friend emw. That discourse was directed solely at Columbus Insider. Not you.

We know where we stand.
stelio kontos

Fort Benning, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

riceboy1701e wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since I do not live in Columbus, I can't say what happens there affects me personally. However, I do have family and friends who DO live there, and the political and social climate in Columbus hasn't changed in the past 30 years.
Of course, the Deliv...er, WW project was not initiated by TT. I never said it was. But it was a completely unnecessary project, benefiting only a certain privileged few, and meant solely to line to pockets of those like Turner and Uptown Columbus. It was certainly not built or designed with the average Columbusite in mind. People complain that there is nothing to do in Columbus, and this only adds to that problem. What needs to be done in Columbus is to get leadership who cares about the AVERAGE Columbus resident---someonoe who is not politically, socially or economically connected to the existing PTB and get things that they would like to see and have done. Instead, the current government continues to have its head up its you-know-what, the attitudes and thinking continue to be stagnant, and no one works to get anything accomplished. Yet, along comes a few rocks and machines placed in a river which was not designed to be treated in such a manner, and a "white water rafting course" (if it can jokingly be referred to as such) is manufactured, and it is mildly successful...and out come the kudos, backslapping and "attaboys" among the "in crowd" in Columbus. Poor Phenix City does not share in the sudden wealth, and the drumbeat goes on.
Columbus crime is all but ignored by the administration in the name of getting those dollars from the few who do venture into the germ-laden, polluted by Atlanta river water, and the city makes a few national headlines. Just sweep the bad Little League parents, the "Brokest City" and "Atlanta's Redheaded Stepchild" all under the rug. Columbus never has, and never intends to attempt to change this perception of the city.
So, Columbus Insider, Columbus Supporter, or whatever gleaming, sugar-coated moniker you are using today, don't attempt to distort the facts. Those few of us who know and have been around long enough to know better continue to see the malfeasance and corruption that continues in the CCG. And it starts at the top, and TT bears that ultimate responsibility.
Rice (aka SM), I almost spit my beer out on that one, but that would be alcohol abuse. Something of which I could never be found guilty. I'm sure emw knows you weren't aiming for him/her. Gotta keep the anonymity for us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
Rice (aka SM), I almost spit my beer out on that one, but that would be alcohol abuse. Something of which I could never be found guilty. I'm sure emw knows you weren't aiming for him/her. Gotta keep the anonymity for us.
No, ster...don't spit out your beer. Yes, that's alcohol abuse!:-)

No worries. We'll keep it real, or at least attempt to do so.:-D
Damien

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

riceboy1701e wrote:
<quoted text>
TLDR

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Damien wrote:
<quoted text>
TLDR
Then don't read it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2013

Damien wrote:
<quoted text>
TLDR
I'm certainly not going to put it in text format for you or anyone.

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2013

riceboy1701e wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ster...don't spit out your beer. Yes, that's alcohol abuse!:-)
No worries. We'll keep it real, or at least attempt to do so.:-D
As long as those of us who don't know y'all personally can keep up with who is real and who's an imposter!
Gerrymandering

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Puffy and impostering qtip

“Shadowville All-Stars”

Since: Dec 08

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Gerrymandering wrote:
Puffy and impostering qtip
Can you translate that into English?

Fort Benning, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

Will Dockery wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you translate that into English?
I guess it would be a qtip, but instead of cotton on the tips, there is barbed wire? Who knows...
Stelio kontos

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

ster402005 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it would be a qtip, but instead of cotton on the tips, there is barbed wire? Who knows...
Or it could mean someone's head looks like a Qtip
You never know with these guys, lol

Fort Benning, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Stelio kontos wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could mean someone's head looks like a Qtip
You never know with these guys, lol
I bet you had no clue I am the real Stelio, did you? It's all good, you can have it. I got bored with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••