Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Preserving history

Full story: Carrollton Free Press Standard

Employees from Santini Construction of Washingtonville, OH, removed a communications tower from atop the courthouse bell tower last week and are in the process of applying a coat of sealer to the structure.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

WOW, nice job Santini...under bid and raise the price after you get the bid. What part of 'signed contract' do you people not understand.
Im not sure if Im more angry with the county or santini. I know, I know..it's only money.

Carroll County Commissioners signed a contract with Santini last year, but weather conditions prevented the work from being completed until this year. The original contract was for $45,214.90, but the delay added about $6,300 to the price because the crane the company planned to use for the project was no longer available.

Santini submitted a change order to increase the cost because two cranes were required to complete the project, one of which weighed 29 tons.
Tired of the Game

Malvern, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

The ORIGINAL courthouse had neither a dome or a tower and the building served it's purpose . It very well could have been expanded and renovated to fill the needs of the court system . Plan and simple would have worked just fine but numerous people , some who just walked away from the project weren't happy until they came up with the design which still stands today. Why ? Who knows , but I do know it's crazy to keep pumping money into it , trying to keep it as is . And as far as Santini I agree with Euro , a contract is a contract . Why should the county pay more for other equipment because YOU made changes in your business. Sounds like the old bait and switch . Also are you telling me there is NO company IN Carroll County that could have done this job . If not then I guess county development needs to start doing their job and convince more businesses to move here , keeping County tax dollars in the County , Commissioners force other departments to buy local, what makes them any different . Spend money where it can do the most good , like law enforcement , other public safety and community development not on some antiquated building that will probably fall down before the present work is completed .
mrgoodcitizen

Minerva, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

The rich history of Carroll County is symbolized by our beautiful courthouse. I wonder what happened to the original Goddess of Libery statue? I compliment the county for the restoration. Carrollton is a treasure and all attempts to restore our architectural heritage is a GOOD thing.
Lynde

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Wouldn't it be nice if they could give some of the money to the schools that look like they are falling to the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbiana Discussions

Search the Columbiana Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 7 hr Vote out every incumbent 169
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 hr ha ha 25,331
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Waste Dis... Apr 16 Notorious 1
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Leetonia Apr 11 Gracie Duko 2
OH Who do you support for Attorney General in Ohio... (Oct '10) Mar 20 Recon 403
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbiana Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance