maury county government needs investi...

maury county government needs investigation ran...

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Jan 23, 2013
How many of u think that all maury county government officials including sheriff, police, judges , dcs ect. Needs to be investigated and even drug tested along with background checks ran from age 18?.... by the TBI. If u think this needs to be done please state what ur reasonings are and how many people in the community will be replaced .
game

Columbia, TN

#2 Jan 29, 2013
agree...not for ny partcular reason except that anyone representing the county shouldnt have issue with being tested or having a complete background check. i think it should be standard practice. after all. it is we the citizens paying their salaries, and it is we the citizens whom they are accountable to. i read where people think welfare reciepiants should be drug tested, we the tax payers support their needs. we the tax payers support the counyt and city government as well. there must be a system of checks and balances for every level of government. countless times we have seen coverups, money dissappearing, favoratism, harrassment, etc. in maury county. if all is well, and on the up and up i really dont see why anyone would object to backgound check or drug testing. i think anyone in a position that represents the citizens would feel an obligation to do this. after all, arent they supposed to be the upfront and most honorable? they should be proud to verify that as public servants they have the cleanest of records. it should be required and become a matter of public record. we the citizens employ them. they should be held to the highest of standards, as any crime they commit is a travesty. we elect and pay them to enforce and they know the law, and make a commitment to the citizens to always do the right thing. we should require testing and background checks by outside independent agencies the results to be published yearly in the daily herald.
soagree

Columbia, TN

#3 Jan 30, 2013
c buden wrote:
How many of u think that all maury county government officials including sheriff, police, judges , dcs ect. Needs to be investigated and even drug tested along with background checks ran from age 18?.... by the TBI. If u think this needs to be done please state what ur reasonings are and how many people in the community will be replaced .
I agree 100% All the back alley deals that go on ..Pay 500$ and get out of jail free card..Some Judges Need to retire because there so tired they sleep while court is going on lol..But Who will the people be that tests them? But Yes things need to change :)
columbia resident

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2013
my husband used to work for the county as a corrections officer, and now works for the city as a police officer, i know they do randoms like 2 times a year (i think its twice, but i know at least once) but i do agree that some things need to change because the bad people who need weeded out are the ones making the good ones like my husband look bad.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 22, 2013
soagree wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% All the back alley deals that go on ..Pay 500$ and get out of jail free card..Some Judges Need to retire because there so tired they sleep while court is going on lol..But Who will the people be that tests them? But Yes things need to change :)
totally agree !

Location hidden

#6 Mar 22, 2013
game wrote:
agree...not for ny partcular reason except that anyone representing the county shouldnt have issue with being tested or having a complete background check. i think it should be standard practice. after all. it is we the citizens paying their salaries, and it is we the citizens whom they are accountable to. i read where people think welfare reciepiants should be drug tested, we the tax payers support their needs. we the tax payers support the counyt and city government as well. there must be a system of checks and balances for every level of government. countless times we have seen coverups, money dissappearing, favoratism, harrassment, etc. in maury county. if all is well, and on the up and up i really dont see why anyone would object to backgound check or drug testing. i think anyone in a position that represents the citizens would feel an obligation to do this. after all, arent they supposed to be the upfront and most honorable? they should be proud to verify that as public servants they have the cleanest of records. it should be required and become a matter of public record. we the citizens employ them. they should be held to the highest of standards, as any crime they commit is a travesty. we elect and pay them to enforce and they know the law, and make a commitment to the citizens to always do the right thing. we should require testing and background checks by outside independent agencies the results to be published yearly in the daily herald.
agree!

Location hidden

#7 Mar 22, 2013
columbia resident wrote:
my husband used to work for the county as a corrections officer, and now works for the city as a police officer, i know they do randoms like 2 times a year (i think its twice, but i know at least once) but i do agree that some things need to change because the bad people who need weeded out are the ones making the good ones like my husband look bad.
i do agree that there are some good ones but truthfully... my recommendation.... get out and go where they can advance.... i have family thats worked in part of the system and i feel their decision of leaving was smart due to how it is there ... they always say .... birds of the sane feather flock together and if hubbys a good one... he wont remain there or atleast trasfer until the bads gone. I truely wish u guys luck....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbia Drug Dealer/ illegal gambling 11 hr highfiver 5
bear creek dollar general by school 17 hr Too-Bad 2
News Columbia Academy teaches more than classroom le... Sat MaltaMon 13
Info on a old house Fri browser 2
Steaks and Shakes Fri Business 101 8
Gary Owen Thu Nosey 6
Any Wiccans or Pagans? (Apr '11) Jul 29 Dabbler 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages