Stay away from Lewisburg
Towne Dweller

Lewisburg, TN

#13927 Sep 30, 2012
I'd like to know the percentage of peeps here in Lewisburg that are non-working (disabled/living on the gov't handouts/food stamping) verses the working (or actually retired from a job with pension, not just SS). I'm sure the stats wouldn't be suprising, but still would love to see.
Read the news

Lewisburg, TN

#13929 Oct 1, 2012
Towne Dweller wrote:
I'd like to know the percentage of peeps here in Lewisburg that are non-working (disabled/living on the gov't handouts/food stamping) verses the working (or actually retired from a job with pension, not just SS). I'm sure the stats wouldn't be suprising, but still would love to see.
Loosersburg has it's problems, but non-working stats are meaningless in poor economic times such as this. Colorado just announced their unemployment at 20%!! The problem in this area is it employed a good number of people before the businesses hightailed it for overseas and the recession killed the rest. That left that good number of people with no way out. While they waited for jobs to return (that never happened) they ran out of funds and couldn't even afford to move to a place that might have more job opportunities. So this really is not a case of people being lazy and not wanting to work.
AnonymouslySynan imous

Chapel Hill, TN

#13930 Oct 2, 2012
Everyone in that area is Denying that that is true. I was around when it happened though I do not know first hand. I have heard nothing more than rumors but am fairly sure due to certain things I know for fact that it happened and would like confirmation and if possible to know why because he is still a major influence in most facets of the legal system in that town and personally I don't agree with most of his practices or morals for that matter, any information you have will be appreciated and I thank you in advance for it
Sincerely, a concerned citizen.. That would like to know the truth about the man he sees around every now and then.
PappaBear

Columbia, TN

#13931 Oct 23, 2012
Shoney's , I ll never step foot in there again . I took my family there , 2 of us had the buffet (Sat before 4pm). The chicken was bloody red & raw (bad enough that they pulled it from the bar after we pointed it out), the rest of the food was dried out , scummed over & cold . Upon asking for the manager we were shown nothing but rudeness & hostility . So I went home & decided to call in on the customer support line & got a return call from the "new & improved" owner/operator just to get more of the same insults & degrading treatment . I refuse to spend my money on food that isn't safe to eat , very bad service & abusive/hostile customer relations .
Think Again

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13932 Nov 1, 2012
My comment is about the hot spot idea on the square. Who are we helping out? The poor? We don't have enough parking and you are asking folks to hang out in their cars using free internet?

In the real world where people have good jobs because they didn't scare away industry it works fine. Folks set around and drink $5 coffees in local businesses and spend the rest of the day shopping and spending money. Good thing the obama free phones do not have the capability, or do they?
The best place would be around colleges if they don't already. What happened to the days when you wanted internet you paid for it.

Nothing like asking for trouble on the square because you would be attracting the wrong types to take advantage of a free thing. To be fair if you are going to provide internet for the square businesses you should provide it for all the local businesses in Lewisburg. We are the wrong area to make this work for the good of all.
Yes they do not

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13933 Nov 1, 2012
PappaBear wrote:
Shoney's , I ll never step foot in there again . I took my family there , 2 of us had the buffet (Sat before 4pm). The chicken was bloody red & raw (bad enough that they pulled it from the bar after we pointed it out), the rest of the food was dried out , scummed over & cold . Upon asking for the manager we were shown nothing but rudeness & hostility . So I went home & decided to call in on the customer support line & got a return call from the "new & improved" owner/operator just to get more of the same insults & degrading treatment . I refuse to spend my money on food that isn't safe to eat , very bad service & abusive/hostile customer relations .
I did notice most of the local born servers are single task folks who lack the ability not only to do two things at once but do not know how to set priorities. No one trains anyone. They assume you are born with the skills of proper serving. I eat there a lot and never ever witnessed training, they must just put them out there to learn for themselves.
test

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13934 Nov 1, 2012
test test
Think again

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13935 Nov 1, 2012
Think Again wrote:
My comment is about the hot spot idea on the square. Who are we helping out? The poor? We don't have enough parking and you are asking folks to hang out in their cars using free internet?
In the real world where people have good jobs because they didn't scare away industry it works fine. Folks set around and drink $5 coffees in local businesses and spend the rest of the day shopping and spending money. Good thing the obama free phones do not have the capability, or do they?
The best place would be around colleges if they don't already. What happened to the days when you wanted internet you paid for it.
Nothing like asking for trouble on the square because you would be attracting the wrong types to take advantage of a free thing. To be fair if you are going to provide internet for the square businesses you should provide it for all the local businesses in Lewisburg. We are the wrong area to make this work for the good of all.
To add to this. This kind of thinking is basic Liberal Democrat way of thinking. They say local party affiliation means nothing when it comes to local level appointed and elected positions. It means everything and thinking like this helps prove it. The mind set you live with helps guide you in your everyday thinking process. No wonder we are in the dark ages compared to many other communities.
all what u make it

Pisgah Forest, NC

#13936 Nov 23, 2012
I have lived all over this country (short of the NE)and have lived in Lewisburg now for 5 years. I have two young adult children and they love it here, too. Just be a benefit to the community and make sure you like small town living. Would recommend highly!
nyc looking to move wrote:
was looking at buying a place with a few acres outside of Lewisburg now living in NYC all my life I can tell you what a city awash in drugs is like and I agree its who you hang with that has lot to do with how much you come in contact with drug users
we don't have kids are looking to sell your home here for a place down there now come be truthful how is the area
allmybabies

Columbia, TN

#13937 Nov 30, 2012
I moved to Lewisburg in 1983 and have made it my home!! I found a good job and stayed with it until my health made me quit. I have found, as in any town, the good ones and the bad ones. I made my choice to stay with the good ones. And there are a lot of them!! I raised my family here and now I'm surrounded by grandchildren born in Columbia. God is good to those who are good! I love Lewisburg.
seen-it

United States

#13938 Dec 2, 2012
Bentleys_n_drama wrote:
Lewisburg? The drug infested corrupted small town of Tennessee. The worst crack cocaine district in probably the southern united states. Everyone has it out for everyone if your not addicted to some type of drug. Its getting really bad in this city. If you plan on moving to Lewisburg. I do not recommend it. Stay far away from that town much as possible.
I agree! Everything you said is true! Let me add something: Hello, I read all the “wonderful” things you had to say about this god-forsaken town. You failed to say that no horse traders could be trusted, that people would steal you blind, carpenters & cabinet makers would rip you off. Why? It might make you look bad. It is the truth, not that any court here cares. There is NO justice here either! There is NO swearing in the courts- why- they don’t care! I was clearly told by one of your great lawyers that “NO ONE CARED ABOUT THE TRUTH IN THE COURT”. That is why no one is sweared in- there is no Bible! There are 2 other witness’ to this. He was right- no one cares about the truth. If you are going to talk about this town, tell the whole truth. That the attorney’s uncle is a judge, and the judges brother is the other attorney. They all work together. When a person gets ripped off by $1000’s the attorney you may see to help you, is the person’s uncle that ripped you off. YOU are shoved aside. That is the REAL truth of Lewisburg! Also, there are no big business here-why?-Because 4 people own this county & they say what is done here & they keep getting richer & richer while the average people sink. Do NOT MOVE HERE.
seen-it

United States

#13939 Dec 2, 2012
Hello, You failed to say that no horse traders could be trusted, that people would steal you blind, carpenters & cabinet makers would rip you off.Your horseeds up at a local illegal kill shelter for it's meat. It is the truth, not that any court here cares. There is NO justice here either! There is NO swearing in the courts- why- they don’t care! I was clearly told by one of Lewisburg'sgreat atorney's great lawyers that,“NO ONE CARED ABOUT THE TRUTH IN THE COURT”. That is why no one is sweared in- there is no Bible! There are 2 other witness’ to this. Stuid me did not believe him He was right- no one cares about the truth. If you are going to talk about this town, tell the whole truth. That the attorney’s uncle is a judge, and the judges brother is the other attorney and all the attorney's & judges are related & paid off. They all work together. When a person gets ripped off by $1000’s the attorney you may see to help you is the person’s uncle that ripped you off. YOU are shoved aside. That is the REAL truth of Lewisburg! RUN away as fast as you can!
seen-it

United States

#13940 Dec 2, 2012
heard it first hand wrote:
<quoted text>
They take care of each other and relatives are dumb enough to brag about it in public.
YOU ARE CORRECT! This town is made up of 4 people that own it. they say who & what companies come here. There is no truth in the courts. The judges do not care! There is no swearing in & no Bible- wonder why- because it doesn't matter what anyone says. It's all about $$$. Run from this town-a fast as you can! Piss the judge off & get tickets. After all, she's the attorney's sister. It is a related here. If you were not born here with old money you will be walked on, no, trampled even when your are in the right!
really fed up

United States

#13941 Dec 3, 2012
LEAVE STUPID ! Have you ever drove out of town ? There arent any fences , walls or armed gaurds keeping you here ! PACK UR SHIT AND GO...if you dont like it here !

Since: Dec 12

Columbia, TN

#13942 Dec 6, 2012
really fed up wrote:
LEAVE STUPID ! Have you ever drove out of town ? There arent any fences , walls or armed gaurds keeping you here ! PACK UR SHIT AND GO...if you dont like it here !
Go $&@& yourself and don't forget to leave your arm in your $&@ for a reminder of how tremendously gay you are.. And btw, if you forgot already, let me remind you, go $&@& yourself, again!
looserburg

Nashville, TN

#13943 Dec 7, 2012
we all know thats the local in-bread comment, "just Leave", rather then saying thanks for making our town better....and yall ask why you have nothing here, who in the hell would want to come here and spend money

nasty town, dont make the mistake we made by coming here and getting trapped here
agree with fed up

United States

#13944 Dec 9, 2012
I agree with with really fed up's comment ... Leave! Go bitch about things in another town and make sure to use your go $@&$ yourself comments. You must be highly educated and very mature to use come backs like that, what are you 12yrs old?
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#13945 Dec 10, 2012
looserburg wrote:
we all know thats the local in-bread comment, "just Leave", rather then saying thanks for making our town better....and yall ask why you have nothing here, who in the hell would want to come here and spend money
nasty town, dont make the mistake we made by coming here and getting trapped here
How does one get trapped in a town that has open roads leaving in several directions?

I'll bet that you referred to the last place you resided as " looserburg" also.
born and raised elsewhere

Lewisburg, TN

#13947 Dec 10, 2012
looserburg wrote:
we all know thats the local in-bread comment, "just Leave", rather then saying thanks for making our town better....and yall ask why you have nothing here, who in the hell would want to come here and spend money
nasty town, dont make the mistake we made by coming here and getting trapped here
The only reason you are trapped here is because you're too stupid to find the exit. You say "we". Man, I hope you're not procreating more of your stupid here. If you want help packing, just say the word. I am sure you will find plenty of help. And don't bother pulling the boot out of your a$$ until after you leave.
maker

Lewisburg, TN

#13948 Dec 10, 2012
This place allowed itself to go way behind the rest of the nation and property values dropped drastically. Many who own 1 or more properties would take a royal beating because how values were lowered. We own 4.
I am a maker who is also in the same position. If not for that i would high tail out of here too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bernie Sanders 23 hr Tiff 9
Women Hate Bald Men Fri Tiff 4
Debate: Marijuana - Columbia, TN (Aug '10) Fri Columbia 23
Is Artie and the city manager going to cater to... Thu Starr 16
Pedicurist Thu time for you to s... 2
Cops Thu Take Back America 82
Review: Family Tradition Wildlife Studio (Nov '13) Thu Carl Hammons 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages