United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Loserburg is full of drugs lesbians and snitches by far the worst place to raise kids
why civil war

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Why do we civil war dedications? It was a war which matched brother against brother, us citizens against each other. We ought to be ashamed of the war. The only reason they keep the torch a burning is to show the local hate of good folks from the north who never even think about the war. They went on with life and made something of themselves. The south and small town poor as poor can get folks who if wasn't for the government would starve out of laziness are haters. They hate anyone who applied themselves and made something of themselves. They have hate in their hearts and the flame of hate will never be extinguished.
Wont be thre

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

They will come up with some BS answer saying something about honoring the soldiers. What about the ones we lost in the revolutionary war, WWI, WWII, Viet Nam, Korea, Gulf War etc, etc, etc.? This place does not know how to honor fallen soldiers just celebrate and show grace for those who fought the North. That is why hatred of the northern types still exists and this place is the pits of all Tennessee.

They hold themselves back with bringing up the past and stirring the hatred pot throughout the community. Do they know how many children were hurt even recently by being called Yankee or shown favoritism against, just because they were not born in this rotting county?

Why don't the locals hate the British? the Germans? The Italians? the Japanese's? The Koreans? the Iraqis? and today the Egyptians? and I can go on and on. They all killed Americans serving for their country, didn't they? Because they are so dumb they only know what their grand pappies told them and have hate growing in their veins and will deny it in church, at work, while getting paid by you and in our schools.

Get a bunch together and you will see as true as the day is long. When you see them look around before speaking they are talking about one of two groups and I need not mention the second group.

I hope we did not spend any of our tax money on this event. I hope the people attending are not getting paid to attend. It is for one group and one group only and it isn't always to show respect to, as they will say,(both sides) it is to bring together a group of folks who think the same and trust me, it isn't good. I bet you see all the politicians there. ;)

In more civilized communities the south and north and all who loss members are honored equally but this place takes it to a whole different level.

Afterwards it brings is further hatred in this already outsider hating community. The only reason someone would be so sickening mad after a war which was about 150 years ago is because they felt they were right, and still do.

There is so much more which needs to be done in this county if bringing people together for a cause is their plans. Are they trying to make this place a landmark? It sickens me and the folks need to grow up.

What the really need to say is; admit the past stupidity, move on, love one another and show more respect and caring for each other.
PAPPY1

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

WHEN IS IT?
Towne Dweller

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

I'd like to know the percentage of peeps here in Lewisburg that are non-working (disabled/living on the gov't handouts/food stamping) verses the working (or actually retired from a job with pension, not just SS). I'm sure the stats wouldn't be suprising, but still would love to see.
Read the news

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Towne Dweller wrote:
I'd like to know the percentage of peeps here in Lewisburg that are non-working (disabled/living on the gov't handouts/food stamping) verses the working (or actually retired from a job with pension, not just SS). I'm sure the stats wouldn't be suprising, but still would love to see.
Loosersburg has it's problems, but non-working stats are meaningless in poor economic times such as this. Colorado just announced their unemployment at 20%!! The problem in this area is it employed a good number of people before the businesses hightailed it for overseas and the recession killed the rest. That left that good number of people with no way out. While they waited for jobs to return (that never happened) they ran out of funds and couldn't even afford to move to a place that might have more job opportunities. So this really is not a case of people being lazy and not wanting to work.
AnonymouslySynan imous

Chapel Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Everyone in that area is Denying that that is true. I was around when it happened though I do not know first hand. I have heard nothing more than rumors but am fairly sure due to certain things I know for fact that it happened and would like confirmation and if possible to know why because he is still a major influence in most facets of the legal system in that town and personally I don't agree with most of his practices or morals for that matter, any information you have will be appreciated and I thank you in advance for it
Sincerely, a concerned citizen.. That would like to know the truth about the man he sees around every now and then.
PappaBear

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Shoney's , I ll never step foot in there again . I took my family there , 2 of us had the buffet (Sat before 4pm). The chicken was bloody red & raw (bad enough that they pulled it from the bar after we pointed it out), the rest of the food was dried out , scummed over & cold . Upon asking for the manager we were shown nothing but rudeness & hostility . So I went home & decided to call in on the customer support line & got a return call from the "new & improved" owner/operator just to get more of the same insults & degrading treatment . I refuse to spend my money on food that isn't safe to eat , very bad service & abusive/hostile customer relations .
Think Again

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

My comment is about the hot spot idea on the square. Who are we helping out? The poor? We don't have enough parking and you are asking folks to hang out in their cars using free internet?

In the real world where people have good jobs because they didn't scare away industry it works fine. Folks set around and drink $5 coffees in local businesses and spend the rest of the day shopping and spending money. Good thing the obama free phones do not have the capability, or do they?
The best place would be around colleges if they don't already. What happened to the days when you wanted internet you paid for it.

Nothing like asking for trouble on the square because you would be attracting the wrong types to take advantage of a free thing. To be fair if you are going to provide internet for the square businesses you should provide it for all the local businesses in Lewisburg. We are the wrong area to make this work for the good of all.
Yes they do not

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

PappaBear wrote:
Shoney's , I ll never step foot in there again . I took my family there , 2 of us had the buffet (Sat before 4pm). The chicken was bloody red & raw (bad enough that they pulled it from the bar after we pointed it out), the rest of the food was dried out , scummed over & cold . Upon asking for the manager we were shown nothing but rudeness & hostility . So I went home & decided to call in on the customer support line & got a return call from the "new & improved" owner/operator just to get more of the same insults & degrading treatment . I refuse to spend my money on food that isn't safe to eat , very bad service & abusive/hostile customer relations .
I did notice most of the local born servers are single task folks who lack the ability not only to do two things at once but do not know how to set priorities. No one trains anyone. They assume you are born with the skills of proper serving. I eat there a lot and never ever witnessed training, they must just put them out there to learn for themselves.
test

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

test test
Think again

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Think Again wrote:
My comment is about the hot spot idea on the square. Who are we helping out? The poor? We don't have enough parking and you are asking folks to hang out in their cars using free internet?
In the real world where people have good jobs because they didn't scare away industry it works fine. Folks set around and drink $5 coffees in local businesses and spend the rest of the day shopping and spending money. Good thing the obama free phones do not have the capability, or do they?
The best place would be around colleges if they don't already. What happened to the days when you wanted internet you paid for it.
Nothing like asking for trouble on the square because you would be attracting the wrong types to take advantage of a free thing. To be fair if you are going to provide internet for the square businesses you should provide it for all the local businesses in Lewisburg. We are the wrong area to make this work for the good of all.
To add to this. This kind of thinking is basic Liberal Democrat way of thinking. They say local party affiliation means nothing when it comes to local level appointed and elected positions. It means everything and thinking like this helps prove it. The mind set you live with helps guide you in your everyday thinking process. No wonder we are in the dark ages compared to many other communities.
all what u make it

Pisgah Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

I have lived all over this country (short of the NE)and have lived in Lewisburg now for 5 years. I have two young adult children and they love it here, too. Just be a benefit to the community and make sure you like small town living. Would recommend highly!
nyc looking to move wrote:
was looking at buying a place with a few acres outside of Lewisburg now living in NYC all my life I can tell you what a city awash in drugs is like and I agree its who you hang with that has lot to do with how much you come in contact with drug users
we don't have kids are looking to sell your home here for a place down there now come be truthful how is the area
allmybabies

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

I moved to Lewisburg in 1983 and have made it my home!! I found a good job and stayed with it until my health made me quit. I have found, as in any town, the good ones and the bad ones. I made my choice to stay with the good ones. And there are a lot of them!! I raised my family here and now I'm surrounded by grandchildren born in Columbia. God is good to those who are good! I love Lewisburg.
seen-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Bentleys_n_drama wrote:
Lewisburg? The drug infested corrupted small town of Tennessee. The worst crack cocaine district in probably the southern united states. Everyone has it out for everyone if your not addicted to some type of drug. Its getting really bad in this city. If you plan on moving to Lewisburg. I do not recommend it. Stay far away from that town much as possible.
I agree! Everything you said is true! Let me add something: Hello, I read all the “wonderful” things you had to say about this god-forsaken town. You failed to say that no horse traders could be trusted, that people would steal you blind, carpenters & cabinet makers would rip you off. Why? It might make you look bad. It is the truth, not that any court here cares. There is NO justice here either! There is NO swearing in the courts- why- they don’t care! I was clearly told by one of your great lawyers that “NO ONE CARED ABOUT THE TRUTH IN THE COURT”. That is why no one is sweared in- there is no Bible! There are 2 other witness’ to this. He was right- no one cares about the truth. If you are going to talk about this town, tell the whole truth. That the attorney’s uncle is a judge, and the judges brother is the other attorney. They all work together. When a person gets ripped off by $1000’s the attorney you may see to help you, is the person’s uncle that ripped you off. YOU are shoved aside. That is the REAL truth of Lewisburg! Also, there are no big business here-why?-Because 4 people own this county & they say what is done here & they keep getting richer & richer while the average people sink. Do NOT MOVE HERE.
seen-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Hello, You failed to say that no horse traders could be trusted, that people would steal you blind, carpenters & cabinet makers would rip you off.Your horseeds up at a local illegal kill shelter for it's meat. It is the truth, not that any court here cares. There is NO justice here either! There is NO swearing in the courts- why- they don’t care! I was clearly told by one of Lewisburg'sgreat atorney's great lawyers that,“NO ONE CARED ABOUT THE TRUTH IN THE COURT”. That is why no one is sweared in- there is no Bible! There are 2 other witness’ to this. Stuid me did not believe him He was right- no one cares about the truth. If you are going to talk about this town, tell the whole truth. That the attorney’s uncle is a judge, and the judges brother is the other attorney and all the attorney's & judges are related & paid off. They all work together. When a person gets ripped off by $1000’s the attorney you may see to help you is the person’s uncle that ripped you off. YOU are shoved aside. That is the REAL truth of Lewisburg! RUN away as fast as you can!
seen-it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

heard it first hand wrote:
<quoted text>
They take care of each other and relatives are dumb enough to brag about it in public.
YOU ARE CORRECT! This town is made up of 4 people that own it. they say who & what companies come here. There is no truth in the courts. The judges do not care! There is no swearing in & no Bible- wonder why- because it doesn't matter what anyone says. It's all about $$$. Run from this town-a fast as you can! Piss the judge off & get tickets. After all, she's the attorney's sister. It is a related here. If you were not born here with old money you will be walked on, no, trampled even when your are in the right!
really fed up

La Vergne, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

LEAVE STUPID ! Have you ever drove out of town ? There arent any fences , walls or armed gaurds keeping you here ! PACK UR SHIT AND GO...if you dont like it here !

Since: Dec 12

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

really fed up wrote:
LEAVE STUPID ! Have you ever drove out of town ? There arent any fences , walls or armed gaurds keeping you here ! PACK UR SHIT AND GO...if you dont like it here !
Go $&@& yourself and don't forget to leave your arm in your $&@ for a reminder of how tremendously gay you are.. And btw, if you forgot already, let me remind you, go $&@& yourself, again!
looserburg

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

we all know thats the local in-bread comment, "just Leave", rather then saying thanks for making our town better....and yall ask why you have nothing here, who in the hell would want to come here and spend money

nasty town, dont make the mistake we made by coming here and getting trapped here

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min WTSenior 140,777
state troopers 16 min Driver 53
Is Obama the worst president in history? 35 min Giving 16
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 1 hr back at ya 575
native American (Jun '11) 9 hr whitey 18
Democrat's low IQ drives them to vote with emot... 9 hr peter 21
Pizza? (Jul '11) 9 hr Try This 49
•••
•••
•••
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters