Local police: Keep cop-killer in prison

Local police: Keep cop-killer in prison

There are 6 comments on the Columbia Daily Herald story from Sep 27, 2012, titled Local police: Keep cop-killer in prison. In it, Columbia Daily Herald reports that:

A man convicted of murdering a Columbia police officer 31 years ago will be eligible for parole in October, but local law enforcement officials say they want him to remain behind bars for life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Daily Herald.

of course

Jasper, TN

#1 Sep 27, 2012
Our cops are scared they could get killed. Now God forbid a serial killer, child molester, or rapist be kept in jail for the rest of their lives.
Ignorant Statement

Jasper, TN

#2 Sep 28, 2012
You just made yourself sound so stupid, "Of Course". I bet if he killed your loved one you wouldn't want him out of prison either. The fact that he was a cop is irrelevant, but that's the exact reason why you're popping off at the mouth. If it said, "local murderer of a grocery store cashier is up for parole" then you wouldn't say a word about it. Grow a brain you unsympathetic jerk. A killer is a killer, regardless of who they kill. They just happened to write a newspaper article about this one.
duh

Jasper, TN

#3 Sep 28, 2012
Ignorant Statement wrote:
You just made yourself sound so stupid, "Of Course". I bet if he killed your loved one you wouldn't want him out of prison either. The fact that he was a cop is irrelevant, but that's the exact reason why you're popping off at the mouth. If it said, "local murderer of a grocery store cashier is up for parole" then you wouldn't say a word about it. Grow a brain you unsympathetic jerk. A killer is a killer, regardless of who they kill. They just happened to write a newspaper article about this one.
If you read the article it said the LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT wanted him to stay in jail
Ignorant Statement

United States

#4 Sep 28, 2012
Of course they want him to stay in jail. I bet his family does too! Who cares who wants him in jail?! The point is, all killers should stay in jail!
columbia girl

Claremont, CA

#5 Oct 4, 2012
obviously there were alot of others that wanted him to stay in jail also b/c his parole was DENIED! Andrew Braden was sentenced to LIFE in prision and you are telling me that for you it's okay for him to get out 31 years later? he's only 50 years old....he could still build a life for himself before death, why should he be allowed that luxary that office whitwell was not allowed when he took his life just for simply doing his job?
lol!

United States

#6 Oct 7, 2012
If EVERY killer got the same punishment as a cop killer, no one would complain!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waste. Management Director 11 hr Just saying 5
Spring Hill Collision Tue Terrence Crutcher 1
Car wash (Oct '15) Tue Soapy 9
Why does a Cornersville police car drive to Lew... (Dec '07) Sep 26 Reality 28
Dr Nicole Falls to quick to say Terminate OB GYN (Oct '15) Sep 26 Anonymous 4
ASW Wrestling tonight (Feb '08) Sep 25 G t f up 8
For Rent In Marshall County (Oct '07) Sep 25 Returnof the piss... 109

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance