First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Choose wisely

Lawrenceburg, TN

#22 Feb 2, 2013
Direction To hell wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would not the direction to hell not be helping?
Did even one of Lewisburg's public officials a past council man say "that he did not need anyone telling him, he was going to hell, for he knew that already"?
So if u was lost and to be told the direction to hell, not knowing the direction u are going, would that not be help? For does it seem some people just want to go to hell no matter what others say or can do?
Matthew 10
Verse 5-6
5 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 15. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of Judgment, than for that city.
Why would not the direction to hell not be helping? Because by your own definition, anyone not going to heaven is already going to hell. Did Jesus say, go out and tell them the bad news? No. Follow the example of your own Deity.

Don't start you political dodging again, I don't care about any of that.

You, once again, got yourself lost within your own questions. It never does any good to tell someone where they are going. If they don't already know it, they don't really care. It is better to tell them of a place of peace and love. They might even ask you how to get there.

What does that verse, Matthew 10:Verse 5-6 mean to you? Why did Jesus say it? Who was he talking to and what did he tell them to do before saying that?

He told the twelve Apostles to not go among the Gentiles (that is you and me, unless you are a Jew) or enter any town of the Samaritans, but instead to go the Jews and proclaim this message:‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.'

So you see, these verses are not even about us. It was a history lesson of what Jesus was doing at the time: fulfilling prophecy. The Old Testament Prophets said, when the Messiah comes he will do that. And then the Jews would reject him and then he would be crucified and then give to the world what the Jews rejected: Salvation.

So you see, even though Jesus told his Apostles where NOT to go, he did so while telling them WHERE to go. Learn your bible, don't just read it.
Just Asking

Columbia, TN

#23 Feb 2, 2013
Choose wisely wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would not the direction to hell not be helping? Because by your own definition, anyone not going to heaven is already going to hell. Did Jesus say, go out and tell them the bad news? No. Follow the example of your own Deity.
Don't start you political dodging again, I don't care about any of that.
You, once again, got yourself lost within your own questions. It never does any good to tell someone where they are going. If they don't already know it, they don't really care. It is better to tell them of a place of peace and love. They might even ask you how to get there.
What does that verse, Matthew 10:Verse 5-6 mean to you? Why did Jesus say it? Who was he talking to and what did he tell them to do before saying that?
He told the twelve Apostles to not go among the Gentiles (that is you and me, unless you are a Jew) or enter any town of the Samaritans, but instead to go the Jews and proclaim this message:‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.'
So you see, these verses are not even about us. It was a history lesson of what Jesus was doing at the time: fulfilling prophecy. The Old Testament Prophets said, when the Messiah comes he will do that. And then the Jews would reject him and then he would be crucified and then give to the world what the Jews rejected: Salvation.
So you see, even though Jesus told his Apostles where NOT to go, he did so while telling them WHERE to go. Learn your bible, don't just read it.
Is the Bible not mean to be the book that guides people for do those who don't or won't learn by examples in the Bible, or from history then must they experience those examples for themselves?

The Parable of the dishonest Steward
Luke
1-15

Pay special attention to verse 15.

15. And He said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Could public officials who if they lie, cheat or disceave the people would dishonest servants apply?
Choose wisely

Lawrenceburg, TN

#24 Feb 2, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Bible not mean to be the book that guides people for do those who don't or won't learn by examples in the Bible, or from history then must they experience those examples for themselves?
The Parable of the dishonest Steward
Luke
1-15
Pay special attention to verse 15.
15. And He said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Could public officials who if they lie, cheat or disceave the people would dishonest servants apply?
The bible is great for OUR learning. It does no good to attempt to force it on others because it is like throwing pearls to swine, they will just trample it and you with it. The parable you provide has multiple lessons in it. Worshiping God not money, investing in your eternal future by showing now how you handle it, and realizing it is more important to practice those things to God rather than trying to impress others.

What others (dishonest public officials) do is really none of our concern. You can point it out to them as Jesus did in this example to the Pharisees, but what did they do in return? The Pharisees who were covetous (loved money), heard all these things: and they derided (scoffed) him.
Just Neightbors

Columbia, TN

#26 Feb 3, 2013
Choose wisely wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is great for OUR learning. It does no good to attempt to force it on others because it is like throwing pearls to swine, they will just trample it and you with it. The parable you provide has multiple lessons in it. Worshiping God not money, investing in your eternal future by showing now how you handle it, and realizing it is more important to practice those things to God rather than trying to impress others.
What others (dishonest public officials) do is really none of our concern. You can point it out to them as Jesus did in this example to the Pharisees, but what did they do in return? The Pharisees who were covetous (loved money), heard all these things: and they derided (scoffed) him.
To quote the Bible is not forcing the Bible on anyone, it only to hope those will think!
What any dishonest public official does, in the world is any persons concern, for is that not why they are called public officials?
Shall we all sit by, do nothing and let our friends and neightbors be robbed, by your words "dishonest public officials"?

Is it not strange can people tell dishonest public officials for years, things are just plain wrong, give them many chances to do the right thing!
Yet does it take an newly elected "honest public officials" and a honest news paper reporter, honest lawyer, to get those if dishonest to stop doing the wrong thing?
Don't most people know for any small town to use I-65 for their speed trap revenue, to support any dishonest public officials or town is wrong!
To operate outside the limits of towns is really wrong then does it make the LAW look bad?
It ruins town business, industry, and makes those towns public officials, and Towns look bad lots of people will advoid those towns just because of Radar Traps!
If when people do go to court for a speeding ticket, the ticket gets dismissed are asked to pay court costs and if the court costs are more than the speeding ticket was something is bad wrong?
Slow down Bob

Boiling Springs, SC

#27 Feb 3, 2013
Wow, you have a lot of trust issues. Much more than normal people. If I see something wrong with your shoe, should I tell you every time I see you? How many times should I tell you? You have cried the same complaint on Topix too many times to count, everyone here knows your complaint. If you are so worried go talk to your public official and stop whining to us. You are like a broken record.
Just Asking

Columbia, TN

#28 Feb 3, 2013
Slow down Bob wrote:
Wow, you have a lot of trust issues. Much more than normal people. If I see something wrong with your shoe, should I tell you every time I see you? How many times should I tell you? You have cried the same complaint on Topix too many times to count, everyone here knows your complaint. If you are so worried go talk to your public official and stop whining to us. You are like a broken record.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/08/us/08bond.h...

Who would trust those that could any read the past old news papers and see just how trustworthy some public officials were? Can people read the New York Times on page 3 and see what others in Lewisburg have said about the Derogative Derivatives deals and how those city council members then approve that?

How has people been hired at the water department? Do they now post all jobs?

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1477173....
Shut up Bob

Lawrenceburg, TN

#30 Feb 3, 2013
Just Asking wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/08/us/08bond.h...
Who would trust those that could any read the past old news papers and see just how trustworthy some public officials were? Can people read the New York Times on page 3 and see what others in Lewisburg have said about the Derogative Derivatives deals and how those city council members then approve that?
How has people been hired at the water department? Do they now post all jobs?
http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1477173....
Shut-up bob.

Shut-up bob.

Shut-up bob.

Shut-up bob.

Shut-up bob.
PhD Toker

Mount Juliet, TN

#31 Feb 4, 2013
Choose wisely wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not a threat, it was hyperbole.
Hyperbole: Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
How can anyone save themselves? You never tell them what to do, you only tell them how to assure themselves a place in hell. A lot of help you are. I would never want to be lost and asking you for help, you'll only say, "Well if you go that way, you'll be in hell."
Is Hyperbole anything like Superbowl?
Choose wisely

Lawrenceburg, TN

#32 Feb 4, 2013
PhD Toker wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Hyperbole anything like Superbowl?
Not unless you want to say that Beyonce's show was so electrifying she took the electricity with her when she left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mike waggoner 1 hr facts please 5
Any Wiccans or Pagans? (Apr '11) 14 hr Catherine S 97
Poll why would anybody vote robert dalton in office ? (Jun '14) Mon Sowen 16
worst factory Sun hoofbeat 13
Cabe Pawn Store Sat Uknow 7
Church at Bear Creek (May '09) Jun 24 Ms Manners 68
Fireworks Jun 24 Rain man 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages